Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a dream last night - That a guy named VINny ordered his model X yesterday and he got a call this morning that his VIN has been VINned! so - VINny the VINner had gotten VINned 😂😂 😂 😂 😂
YES! And VINny the VINner celebrated getting his VIN by going to Bruce's VINland in Solvang, CA drinking VINo and eating VINdaloo with a VINtner on the VINyard. While we're all sitting her drinking VINager. 😂

Folks let’s be polite.. you can always comment but please don’t fight/VINwar over my car(ready to accept any MX trim, color , 1/2yoke too as it all looks virtually smoky at this point)…
Haha. I've already tweeted Elon that I'll accept no wheels, skip the USBs, and since I'm in MN and will need all weather mats in the coming weeks to not wreck the carpet ones, he can keep those until summer.

Agreed. Very interesting. For long timers just kicking the can down the road waiting for 4680's or something, I get this, but for people who are delaying until January for the tax credit, I think this would piss a lot of buyers off. Teslas profitability is going to spike in the first and second quarters as all these cars with multiple price increases begin to be delivered
I'll take one right away because here in Canada we'll be getting an added hit with a luxury tax as of January 1st. I'm still hoping that Tesla can deliver in December as they indicated with the conversion to the 6 seater - otherwise I'll just be deeper in that hole.

Reactions: Dr Gez and Fulkth
Are any other 7-seater folks seeing “We’re building your car”?

Mine just changed today.

I assumed that it wasn’t updating with the others here because they haven’t started building the 7-seat model yet, but I haven’t seen that specifically discussed. (Apologies if I missed it)

I still have a January EDD, and of course no VIN, but I’m excited to finally see a first glimmer of hope.

Edit: Order details. I didn’t realize signature info doesn’t show on mobile.

Order: 1/28/21
202X Model X LR, RN#11442 White/White+Wood/20"/7-seat FSD. ESD: May September October “Building” -> Jan

Last edited:
Reactions: TJPDX and lsds
Are any other 7-seater folks seeing “We’re building your car”?

Mine just changed today.

I assumed that it wasn’t updating with the others here because they haven’t started building the 7-seat model yet, but I haven’t seen that specifically discussed. (Apologies if I missed it)

I still have a January EDD, and of course no VIN, but I’m excited to finally see a first glimmer of hope.

Edit: Order details. I didn’t realize signature info doesn’t show on mobile.

Order: 1/28/21
202X Model X LR, RN#11442 White/White+Wood/20"/7-seat FSD. ESD: May September October “Building” -> Jan
We have 7-seater and have "Were building your car" January EDD

Reactions: Rb48888