Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will switching from 5 seater to 6 seater (Plaid) potentially move me up in delivery, OR to the back of the line? Understand any grandfathered pricing is lost on configuration updates, but doesn't apply to me since I have Plaid. Currently April estimate, but thinking of switching to 6 seater via in-account config update but not if will be pushed to back of line. Better off contacting an SA to do it?
I’d call your SA

I GOT A VIN!! Ordered 11/21/20 white exterior, black interior , 5 seater, 22s, and FSD. I then changed to cream interior and 6 seater in July/August. VIN is 7SAXCBE54NF328. Should be taking delivery in Wayne, PA once I get a date. I got so excited when noticing my VIN in the app I got teary eyed 😂.
"You get a VIN and you get a VIN and you get a VIN..." :)

Reactions: TWENT2
Question about financing... I am planning on putting down 50% and financing 50% ..... when you go through Tesla financing are you able to dictate or suggest which bank you want to borrow from? or do they randomly choose when they shop your loan around? The reason why I ask is because I would like to keep it with chase since its the bank I use to pay all of my bills..... I currently have my ICE lease through chase and its seamless to make the monthly payments automatically every month when my direct deposit hits. It's not a big deal I am just have a little OCD and a minimalist so I love to keep things neat and consolidated.

My Plaid audience is pretty small, but I know there are a few of us out there. Supposedly, the Plaid X is wait to clear some "regulatory" hurdles of some sort. I wonder what that could be? Maybe a car this big isn't supposed to be as fast as it is purported to be? Maybe they need to prove to some entity it's safe?

What are your theories?

My Plaid audience is pretty small, but I know there are a few of us out there. Supposedly, the Plaid X is wait to clear some "regulatory" hurdles of some sort. I wonder what that could be? Maybe a car this big isn't supposed to be as fast as it is purported to be? Maybe they need to prove to some entity it's safe?

What are your theories?
One hunch I have is that it could be safety/crash test related. The current X and refresh X are largely the same form and structure. But adding a 3rd motor may require it to go back through crash test evaluations?

Just trying to use logic here, but if it's government regulation issues, that might be overthinking it..

Reactions: jbrowdy

What are your theories?

You're probably right, its a 5,000+ lb missile coming down the road at insane speeds, possibly carrying 5-7 people... in the hands of casual drivers with no training in performance driving.

Reactions: jbrowdy
I had a notary come to our house here in North Scottsdale who swore by this place called AZ Auto Aesthetics. Think it's in Chandler/Mesa..look them up...I'm probably end up going to them too :)
PM me I’ll give you some info on a stellar car detailer car wrap installation and he’s cheaper than almost everyone I got quotes from

PM me I’ll give you some info on a stellar car detailer car wrap installation and he’s cheaper than almost everyone I got quotes from
I may not have a car yet nor do I have a chance of getting a VIN in the next month or so. But it is still very fun to think about what I should do to my X once I FINALLY get it. Anyone have a good reference to a wrap/coating/tinting place in the Bay Area California? Thanks in advance.

I’m planning to use DCU for my financing based on of the recommendations here. So I make sure I’m doing it right - I need to become a member of the Free Software Foundation ($120/yr dues) and then I can become a member of DCU? Then when I open my DCU account I need to set up some money to go from my paycheck (but not the full paycheck) as a direct deposit each month in order to get the lowest rate?

Came to say still no vin but to give an update on my ppf project some of us on page 499-500 started talking about stealth wraps

Just needs the ceramic coating and then apply black T badges should get it back tomorrow. Have been driving a VW that even my wife complains about 😂

Attachments

• A79D3E7E-EAE5-4321-8487-5A34EC8EFAC4.jpeg
    A79D3E7E-EAE5-4321-8487-5A34EC8EFAC4.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 76
While I'm happy for those who are getting a VIN, I am frustrated by the lack of 5-seat deliveries. And I expect Plaid buyers are even more frustrated, considering the higher price tag.
Yeah... Feeling pretty hosed by Tesla more than usual. When Tesla canceled my MX order from 2020 and told me to cough up another $8K to get the refreshed Model X the SA stated my order would be on priority list for build and delivery. Now that I see that was complete mis-information.... having waited this long and having less and less faith in Tesla I image my White MX 5 seater, on 20's w/ out FSD will be end of Q1 or sometime in Q2. I am happy people are finally getting their MX's all list have a beginning and and an end...

I remember back in 2020 the seat configuration was never an issue. One would normally have to adjust to only vehicles being sent overseas. Now the most expensive seating configurations are the key. $$$$$ goes to the head of the line... so 6 seater ---> 7 seater ---> 5 seater.
Plaid seems to be a delayed... no idea why... but if it comes online in Q1 then 6 & 5 seaters will get bumped even more.
Tesla has no love for the end of the line.
IAMCCF = Bitter

Reactions: TWENT2 and colo