Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm from Belgium and I check every day my app but we are far far away from US VINner's. Congratulations to all of you ! I'm super excited and I hope to see my X by mid 2022...
When you see the 2018 global sales on wikipedia, it's about 50k X's. On carsalesbase.com, for 2018, European sales are about 5000 X's so only 10% of global sales, maybe we can have some hope?
Hi from the Netherlands!
Last I heard was "somewhere halfway in 2022, we hope", and that was when I chanced upon a guy down the street who also ordered an X and pestered his SA.

Hi from the Netherlands!
Last I heard was "somewhere halfway in 2022, we hope", and that was when I chanced upon a guy down the street who also ordered an X and pestered his SA.
I have realised now that the SA’s in Europe are left without information & truly clueless. ETA/timeline handouts are probably their only means to calm people or speculate as usual. Most of the heat apparently has come from MS company-car/lease requests that left people hanging through 2021. And frankly still have no clue.
I assume if a ship actually does set sail with our MS/MXs on it, at least at that point they would know to some extent??

I have realised now that the SA’s in Europe are left without information & truly clueless. ETA/timeline handouts are probably their only means to calm people or speculate as usual. Most of the heat apparently has come from MS company-car/lease requests that left people hanging through 2021. And frankly still have no clue.
I assume if a ship actually does set sail with our MS/MXs on it, at least at that point they would know to some extent??
SAs in America are not informed any better. It’s the Tesla way.

to tell your year is super easy for 2022 due to the manufacturer identifier changing this year. Besides the M vs N, if your car starts with 5YJ, it’s a 2021. If it starts with 7SA, it’s a 2022. This makes it easy for this transition year. Next year 2021 and 2022 will have the first three characters, so only the N and O will matter.

Meant to ask this a few pages earlier but with the VINs raining, pages are flying… Does the MX not lower automatically when you hit a certain speed threshold? I always thought this was standard behavior- then how does the infamous shudder even develop?
If you select “always in low” it will always start in low unless you have a higher setting for that location. It will automatically lower to standard only from high or very high based on speed. Just activate “always start low” setting and that should help. When I want to floor it o seu to very low.

• Love
Reactions: lsds and lauraut
Not with my first X. They were trying to drop it off Dec 12th 2016, but I said I wanted a 2017. I got a 2017 on Jan 27th.
Id rather get it in 2022, but not complaing.
I think a very different scenario when they’re actively producing every variation of them to defer and get a slightly newer VIN.

Right now where they’ve been producing some X but holding due to issues or missing parts, we don’t know how many 2021 are set to deliver even.

Incorrect, my 2020 X will stay in standard setting, it won’t auto lower to low unless programmed to do so at a specific location.
Yours behaves differently than mine. With "Always low" set to "Off", it will stay in Standard unless there's user input, then lowers to "Low" automatically on the highway. You have to watch it on the Suspension screen but it happens every time. After getting off the highway and driving a short distance at low speeds, it will then raise back to Standard on surface streets. It's been like that as long as I can remember having the car, currently on 2021.40.6

I have not set it to "always raise" at any location, which is another option for the higher ride heights to clear curbs and such

Reactions: lsds
As soon as Berlin and Texas start productionon on a larger scale, Freemont should be able to concentrate more on S and X production.
That's what I at least assume and hope.
I also hope that there will be a few technical surprises before delivery.
That would be a little consolation for the long wait.

2016 Model XP 90 (100 kWh battery update 2018) VIN 5YJXCCE48GF0089 ..
Ordered Jan. 29. 2012, X-Plaid, 5-seat creme int., Silver ext., RN 1144245 ..

Reactions: croman
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on here almost daily since April but I've never posted since I never had anything meaningful to contribute to this group. Seeing folks in Houston becoming VINners has me excited but sadly there's no love for me yet.

On Mar 11, 2021, I ordered my MX in MSM, Black, 5 seat, and 20" rims, I originally had FSD but decided to remove it. On October 13 I received the call to swap to the 6 seater, which I accepted. It took a day or two for the price to change and I never noticed until today that the "order placed" field changed to the same date I made the swap. Is everyone who changed to the 6 seater in the same boat or do I need to start frantically calling someone?!

Thanks!
They explained to me that the date will change, but your place in line is the same. No worries.

New order for X with standard wheel is pushed to April 2023 already. Good luck to all in Europe (or even us here in US) for 2022 delivery.

Attachments

• BB7A4052-04F5-4D4C-A89C-755F60095BB7.png
    BB7A4052-04F5-4D4C-A89C-755F60095BB7.png
    404.3 KB · Views: 94