Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the mx price do down? I thought my order was $10k less than the newest price, but it is $5k less as I checked today. My order was placed in July.
-----------
Edit: False alarm. I watched the price with "potential savings". The purchase price is still $104, 990.

Last edited:
May as well break my plan of not posting again. @EL0NTRK I am at the North Houston SC and the guy there confirmed that no MXs have been delivered in Houston. Now, whether or not his information is correct is another story. He looked at my account and no news. He said based on my configuration I should see mine very soon. I asked him if he was looking at the right account as I have a Cybertruck too. He just stared at me. So point of this story is... you'll be the first brotha. THE FIRST IN HOUSTON! Come on 14th!

I got a VIN! Well, sort of. In addition to waiting for my Plaid Model X, I decided to order a Mini Cooper Electric to replace my fire-destroyed Roadster (see Gruber Motors fire). Mini has a great order tracking website where they shows 16 steps of the order/production process. Today my car went into production and a VIN was assigned. Tesla could learn a few things about customer communication from Mini/BMW.

1638813025205.png

• Funny
Reactions: TWENT2
Also, quick story. Originally the X (Tesla #1)we ordered was supposed to be for my wife. She had sold her car months earlier and in August we caved and ordered a Y for her. With a four month wait time given for the Y order, we decided to put in another order for a Y performance so we could get it in 5 weeks. After a month of waiting, the delivery date got pushed out so I started looking for an inventory car. Took a couple weeks but I was able to get one. Took delivery in September (Tesla #2) for my wife with the intention that now, I would take the X for myself. Thus I sold my truck in September. With no news on the X, and not having a car for a couple months, I decided to take the Y Performance that we still had on order and drive it until the X came in. Suddenly, the Y Performance got pushed out and the standard Y got a Vin. So since this is Tesla, I decided to take the bird in the hand and took delivery of a standard Y two weeks ago (Tesla #3). Of course the day after I took delivery, the Performance that I really wanted got moved up and also got a VIN (Tesla #4). Since we now had two Model Y's , I had no choice but to put the Performance Y on hold thinking that with the new give away bill likely to pass in the Senate, I would take delivery of the Performance Y in January after the bill passes in some form and take advantage of the 8-12,000 rebate. Maybe get it for my son or sell my wife’s (2021) and upgrade her to a 2022.
So I’ve taken delivery of two Teslas in the last three months. I’m supposed to get my third (the X) this month. I just got a nasty gram from Tesla saying if I don’t take delivery of the other Performance Y this year, they are going to cancel my order and keep my order fee. Are you kidding me? Nothing like knowing your customers and treating your best ones right. I know I know, these are first world problems but it still just blows my mind.
Your QUICK Story... lost me at X...

The real question is Y did you do it?

Are you having Performance issues in the bedroom department?

Is this your X we are talking about or your current wife???

Oh, and what's this about a bird and your hands??? OMG!!

Does your Son know what your doing?

And you realize, that in America, you are only allowed to have 1 "Tesla" not 2, 3 or 4.....

Blowing your mind is definitely illegal in many states... so don't do that !!!

😁😁😁

SA here just told me not to expect the Plaid to be anywhere before March. He claims it’s firmware and brake issues. That they’ve learned what works and doesn’t work with the release of the SP. Also, @EL0NTRK he said yours isn’t the first to arrive in Houston, but will be the first delivered. We’ve known that though as we knew they had one here for their techs. He claims another arrived last week but had issues and could not be delivered. So you may end up with the title anyway.

SA here just told me not to expect the Plaid to be anywhere before March. He claims it’s firmware and brake issues. That they’ve learned what works and doesn’t work with the release of the SP. Also, @EL0NTRK he said yours isn’t the first to arrive in Houston, but will be the first delivered. We’ve known that though as we knew they had one here for their techs. He claims another arrived last week but had issues and could not be delivered. So you may end up with the title anyway.
I been bugging my SA to pin the location of my X but no answer yet. I also don't have a MVPA in my account. I had one before but I was updating the financing so they may have to generate a new one anyway.
He told me I should have one 48-72 hours before delivery so I can finalize payment before scheduling delivery.
Next week is the week.

Reactions: lexus26 and Stro
Thank you @Stro ! Seems like some accurate info and appreciate you sharing and back posting here 😀

Better than my SA here who told me that a few plaids have been delivered already and I’m here in the Bay Area.
I’m actually hoping he’s wrong and we see folks get their Plaids. But you never know with these SAs. It’s not their fault though.

Reactions: TWENT2
Emailed my SA regarding my scheduled delivery for Friday. At this point, he is not sure about the status. His guess is it might get postponed since he cannot see any more updates to the status of the X. Apparently, things are fluid. Cannot commit to a date or time. Keeping fingers crossed. Will call Delivery team again. Basically this is a non-update update!

Reactions: lauraut