Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you taking delivery at the Fremont location?
I am, but not expecting to for awhile. I’m a July plaid order, six seater and was given a January date originally. And that is okay. Just hoping to have a car by June at this point. There’s a lot of people well ahead of me with orders.

One great thing is that we are seeing X’s being built…I remember seeing flyovers and no signs of an X anywhere.

I spoke to someone recently who works in the repairs at Fremont and he even tests the cars right there on the lot. Said the goal was for 5 MX deliveries/day.

Reactions: lexus26
I am, but not expecting to for awhile. I’m a July plaid order, six seater and was given a January date originally. And that is okay. Just hoping to have a car by June at this point. There’s a lot of people well ahead of me with orders.

One great thing is that we are seeing X’s being built…I remember seeing flyovers and no signs of an X anywhere.

I spoke to someone recently who works in the repairs at Fremont and he even tests the cars right there on the lot. Said the goal was for 5 MX deliveries/day.
Great information. Any idea how many MX orders there are showing a January EDD? Just trying to figure out what 5 deliveries per day means to get to critical mass. I'm sure you know where I'm going here...5 deliveries per day only comes to 150/month, assuming they deliver all 7 days. Did he have a longer term goal and when that goal would be met?

Thank you for the great information and especially for sharing!

Trying to figure this out is challenging.

Best is to realize that Tesla will reach out to you when your car is ready. They will schedule a specific delivery date at that time.
Still at that time they will need to do a final inspection. If something comes up there could still be additional delays to get your car ready.

In a way we are on the same boat. I am a LR 7 seater with a January EDD as well. I was hoping and wishing it is a true estimated but most likely it will be later than that since they are only making 6 seaters at the moment. 5 deliveries/day seems low but at least it's better than zero!

5 per day is rather tiny. But beats 0 per day.

Hanging in there you guys. I"m sending positive vibe to you guys this week.
As an OG of this thread who ordered Nov last year and got a VIN more than a year later, I went through hell like you.
I am without a car for 9 months and leased one for the last 4, the better day will come.
I almost got rid of my 2018 and just uber to work until delivery. But one $90 uber ride from Culver City to Burbank made me rethink. I'll just ride this (old) starship until its time.

Well stated. The arrogant and cavalier attitude of Elon and the rest of the Tesla leadership is beyond understanding. Given the cost of the vehicles it seems like their attitude is "so what that they have to wait a year or longer and that we don't communicate to any of our customers". That's completely unacceptable behavior from Tesla or any other company that sells $100K "widgets".
Elon is on the spectrum. It truly may not occur to him. I'm not worried. I know I'll get my car and it'll be just fab.

Maybe there will be the first Plaid VIN in that batch! :)
I saw one in the video. It’s for sure my black Plaid though. Hands off.

2622DB90-892E-461C-A5AF-97C802C66FB5.jpeg

Reactions: TrevTremaine
May as well break my plan of not posting again. @EL0NTRK I am at the North Houston SC and the guy there confirmed that no MXs have been delivered in Houston. Now, whether or not his information is correct is another story. He looked at my account and no news. He said based on my configuration I should see mine very soon. I asked him if he was looking at the right account as I have a Cybertruck too. He just stared at me. So point of this story is... you'll be the first brotha. THE FIRST IN HOUSTON! Come on 14th!
Glad to have you back👊🏻

Remember we still have driving centres here where driving tests can only be on a car with a manual gearbox(Stick in US terminology)😉
Might make sense in Europe, but in the US where this incident occurred, we have very few cars with manual transmissions. Most people younger than 30 or even 40 have never driven one.

Also, this incident occurred in California. Where it is is not unusual in urban areas to see 4 or more Teslas at a stoplight. The Model Y is the largest selling small luxury SUV in the state where about 1 in 9 people in the US live. The Y crushes the competition, 3 Electric Vehicles Are Class Leaders In California — Chevy Bolt, Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Might make sense in Europe, but in the US where this incident occurred, we have very few cars with manual transmissions. Most people younger than 30 or even 40 have never driven one.

Also, this incident occurred in California. Where it is is not unusual in urban areas to see 4 or more Teslas at a stoplight. The Model Y is the largest selling small luxury SUV in the state where about 1 in 9 people in the US live. The Y crushes the competition, 3 Electric Vehicles Are Class Leaders In California — Chevy Bolt, Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y.
I'm one of those 'children'. I never had to learn manual. The wife will never know.

Reactions: jboy210
Estimate delivery dates question... My MX EDD has always said "January" ever since my order on June 4, other than a 3 week period in late August/early September where it was just blank.

Is anyone seeing their EDD move or is "January" the placeholder for all?

Thanks