Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with Tesla about the VIN removals. The rep said they got "a little too excited" with assinging VINs by assigning them before the MX came out of production. The car wasn't complete. "It was an accident."

Rep said that the delivery timeframe (my was January but pushed to February) is still on track for January.

Model X LR | Red ext | Cream int | 6 seat | 20" wheels | FSD
Ordered February 12, 2021
That makes no sense. So Vin assignment was a mistake and Feb delivery date is also a mistake. Both didn't mean anything. This is ridiculous!

Disagree about the new 22s, I think they look great. aseptically after seeing them on a few delivered cars.
View attachment 740565View attachment 740564
I agree. Went thru the same process as many others, ordered the 22s because we didn’t like the look of the silver. Then when the 20s showed up black we went to change to those and were told we’d have to pay the new price so we kept the 22’s. I really like the look, but wasn’t thrilled with the reduction in range and greater frequency of new tires.

Seems I'm not the only one, but our EDD shifted from January to February between yesterday and today. I also checked the configurator and 5-seat configurations have pushed from March 2023 to April 2023.

White MXLR
6-seat
Black interior
22" turbines
No FSD
Ordered in May, paying cash

Reactions: lexus26
I have been lurking for a long time and have learned a lot from this forum. So thanks Posting now because I heard from my SA in Atlanta. I reached out to him yesterday and got a quick response. He says we had our first Atlanta MX delivery on Sunday. And actually said Dec-Jan is "looking to be the most accurate time frame" for me. Just checked the app and I am now February as well. Waiting to hear back from him as to details on Sunday's delivered MX.

Model X LR : Black ext : Black int : 6 seat : 20" wheels : no FSD

Ordered Jan 6 2021, update/refresh order Jan 29 2021

Awesome to see more in Atlanta! Hopefully when they send yours they will have to send mine as well to fill the truck 🙏

Reactions: Rb48888
So, let's get this straight: Tesla shutdown the Model S/X production line as of December 24th, 2020 - we are now about a year since full production. After roughly 6 months, it managed to get the S production going in fits and starts. Model X production kind of started in **its and fits in October. Today people were given another placeholder with zero value to it's name.

No matter whether the car turns out perfectly (which is seriously doubtful given what's been posted about some of the latest deliveries), it's clear that Tesla has handled this ineptly even with due consideration of the effects of the pandemic. While not everything can be predicted in production, whatever is happening behind the scenes has exposed serious flaws in production planning. Remember that this is a refresh, not a completely new design. The indifferent attitude shown by Tesla is wearing thin.

This question is off topic but since there are so many smart folks on this thread I thought it would be a great place to ask. As you most of you know, the Build Back Better plan imposes income caps on the availability of EV tax credits. So what happens in the case of a lease? Isn't this a huge loophole that could potentially benefit us all? Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but if the customer leases the car, the lessor is the purchaser of the car and gets the tax credit and can pass the entire tax credit into the lease. The lessee can then just buy out the lease, effectively capturing the full value of the credit. The net of all of this is that if they remove the manufacturer unit cap that applies under current law, we would all be able to capture the credits on Tesla's less than 80k through this technique. So we wouldn't be able to get it for the X, but for a Y we would regardless of income level. Anyway, just the tax lawyer in me ruminating....

My delivery status remains TBD. As a datapoint, I have been TBD since 10/31/2021 and blank before that. Southern California, February 2021 order, always 6-seat, MSM/Cream, 20".
Well if you opt for some reason to not want your car if you get it anytime soon... I'll fly out to get it. We have the exact same config.

Reactions: niogyn and lauraut
This question is off topic but since there are so many smart folks on this thread I thought it would be a great place to ask. As you most of you know, the Build Back Better plan imposes income caps on the availability of EV tax credits. So what happens in the case of a lease? Isn't this a huge loophole that could potentially benefit us all? Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but if the customer leases the car, the lessor is the purchaser of the car and gets the tax credit and can pass the entire tax credit into the lease. The lessee can then just buy out the lease, effectively capturing the full value of the credit. The net of all of this is that if they remove the manufacturer unit cap that applies under current law, we would all be able to capture the credits on Tesla's less than 80k through this technique. So we wouldn't be able to get it for the X, but for a Y we would regardless of income level. Anyway, just the tax lawyer in me ruminating....
My understanding of the previous EV tax credits, and likely the BBB plan, leases did not qualify for the credit at all - so I would guess that is the same here.