Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "potential savings" is quite disingenuous. For starters, these theoretical "savings" do not factor in the cost of installing a home charging station. Yes, you "could" plug it into your standard outlet, but they know their customers are best served by having a faster charging option. Germany stopped Tesla from this misleading practice. Surprised more countries haven't.

The whole savings idea carried more weight when they included free supercharging.
I honestly don't have too much of an issue with it.. The gas savings is real compared to the average cost of electricity. Cost of adding a charger? $200-500 one time? I saved that in my first Tesla ownership month.

We know that February is not real. They have moved about six months worth of Model X orders to February. Of course they can’t deliver six months worth of orders during a slow production ramp in one month. Even trying to think positively this is just not possible. This is just a “we really have no idea when we will be delivering the cars, but we know it’s going to at least be a couple months from now for the earliest ones, so we are kicking the can down the road to stall for time”. Anyone who ordered second or third quarter this year and thinks they will get their car in February is dreaming. I don’t even think first quarter orders will be complete by then. I have a pre-refresh order and will be lucky if I get it by February. Sorry, but it’s time to cancel or adjust expectations
This is certainly one interpretation!

Genius idea - this weekend I placed an order for Model S as a hedge (MX range is a disappointment for me, worries of FWD). Similar specs as my X - MS / LR / MSM / Cream / 19" / FSD . EDD of the MS: July 2022

The joke on is on me for sure - I now have two interns battling to torture me and two 'waiting rooms' on TMC detailing all steps/drama/issues/anticipation/community.

3 days later - Interns took their first shot at me!!!

I woke up to an EDD of Feb 2022 for my MX and the MS updates as well to EDD of Mar 22-Apr 16.

Score: Interns 2; e_dreams 0

• Funny
Reactions: lauraut
We know that February is not real. They have moved about six months worth of Model X orders to February. Of course they can’t deliver six months worth of orders during a slow production ramp in one month. Even trying to think positively this is just not possible. This is just a “we really have no idea when we will be delivering the cars, but we know it’s going to at least be a couple months from now for the earliest ones, so we are kicking the can down the road to stall for time”. Anyone who ordered second or third quarter this year and thinks they will get their car in February is dreaming. I don’t even think first quarter orders will be complete by then. I have a pre-refresh order and will be lucky if I get it by February. Sorry, but it’s time to cancel or adjust expectations
I could be wrong, but if you view the order page source code, until they change this line of code below, the dates listed are VERY likely placeholders.. on X orders they override the traditional Month/Date-Month/Date range that is displayed.

"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: February"

• Informative
Reactions: Rb48888 and Mako11
The thing that gets me is that when I ordered, I did it assuming 4680 would be 2 years away and I’d have the new X for that amount of time. Now most of us will get the X 1.5 years after we ordered or basically 1.5 year old tech and just a few months away from 4680. Leaving us with not only old tech but probably higher value loss on the resale markets. It’s definitely losing its $125,000 appeal as delays go on.

Any pre refresh orders December 2020 and prior get moved to February?
Yes. We have a December 2020 order that has changed from August 2021 to January 2022 and now February 2022.

Actually, the home wall charger is $500.00 then if you need an electrician it can be another $500.00... Just saying.

Don't forget you get 30% back on hardware and installation when claiming the Alternative Fuel infrastructure tax credit.