Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine just got moved to Feb as well (5 seater LR, ordered January 2021, SoCal).

The biggest frustration in this is that we all know Feb is Tesla speak for "at least April"

Very disrespectful to their customers on how they handled this. I feel bad for the people on leases. Tesla giving us bad information or no information causes people to make decisions which have very real consequences. Back in August when they told me August I was in discussions with a relative on selling them my Model S that was going to be a trade in. (and don't use the "its a placeholder" excuse... when your website tells me in August my car is arriving in August... you know, customers might actually expect their car is arriving in August. And I even called my sales rep and he told me lied to me and said they were starting to hear rumors some might be shipping soon, so be ready. Also had some repair work I would have done had I known I was driving my car for another year, but wouldn't have made sense to do if I was going to only have it for a few months.

Don't give me supply chain issues, how great the car will be, etc. Those are not excuses for a complete failure to communicate, and when you do flat out lying.

Mine just got moved to Feb as well (5 seater LR, ordered January 2021, SoCal).

The biggest frustration in this is that we all know Feb is Tesla speak for "at least April"

Very disrespectful to their customers on how they handled this. I feel bad for the people on leases. Tesla giving us bad information or no information causes people to make decisions which have very real consequences. Back in August when they told me August I was in discussions with a relative on selling them my Model S that was going to be a trade in. (and don't use the "its a placeholder" excuse... when your website tells me in August my car is arriving in August... you know, customers might actually expect their car is arriving in August. And I even called my sales rep and he told me lied to me and said they were starting to hear rumors some might be shipping soon, so be ready. Also had some repair work I would have done had I known I was driving my car for another year, but wouldn't have made sense to do if I was going to only have it for a few months.

Don't give me supply chain issues, how great the car will be, etc. Those are not excuses for a complete failure to communicate, and when you do flat out lying.
You're right but many have a vested interest in no negativity towards Tesla because of their stocks. Some can't see any fault in what they do. It'll be 1.5 year old tech by the time most of us get it and zero communication from Tesla at this price point is unacceptable.

Reactions: 1pinhigh and Elixir
I wonder if those who changed their configurations to 6 seaters will happen before orders that already had 6 seaters config so that tesla can partially fulfill their promises or at least make those who agreed to change configuration feel better?
I think it would be unfair for customers who ordered 6 seaters from day one.

Reactions: daftskunk
I was supposed to have a delivery on 12/5, but Tesla it got postponed due to some repair that has to be done after the inspection. EDD is still TBD.
Configuration: (MX LR, White/Black, 6 seats), Order date: 2/21, VIN: 11/30, Location: Bay Area, EDD: TBD

• Informative
Reactions: lauraut
Got Pushed back to Feb as well.
At least the guy from Fremont whom I spoke to in Nov was right. Apparently he was the manager for this "early upgrade option" and told me I wont be getting it in Dec and no need to upgrade to 6 seater. God knows who is who in Fremont ?
Any ways picking up MY tomorrow.
Gonna have my "tesla moment" back for few months and than will likely trade with X.

April 2021
Black ext/White int/Seven seater.

Does anyone have a good phone number to call someone at Fremont?? A number to the same group of people that called for the 6 seat switch?? I really would like to talk to someone outside of my local SA. Guaranteed delivery this year by switching, given a VIN last week then had it removed, now pushed to February. I texted my SA this morning, no response.

Does anyone have a good phone number to call someone at Fremont?? A number to the same group of people that called for the 6 seat switch?? I really would like to talk to someone outside of my local SA. Guaranteed delivery this year by switching, given a VIN last week then had it removed, now pushed to February. I texted my SA this morning, no response
You can try Fremont Tesla Delivery Center at (510) 897-4860

Last edited:
Does anyone have a good phone number to call someone at Fremont?? A number to the same group of people that called for the 6 seat switch?? I really would like to talk to someone outside of my local SA. Guaranteed delivery this year by switching, given a VIN last week then had it removed, now pushed to February. I texted my SA this morning, no response
This was the number I called this morning and spoke to a CS rep. He was very helpful. Give this a try...

888-518-3752

Does anyone have a good phone number to call someone at Fremont?? A number to the same group of people that called for the 6 seat switch?? I really would like to talk to someone outside of my local SA. Guaranteed delivery this year by switching, given a VIN last week then had it removed, now pushed to February. I texted my SA this morning, no response.
5109466050 this number always connects me automatically to someone that always is very well informed. what you need to do is call and it will ask you for an extension of the person you want to reach, don't press anything and it will automatically connect you to someone in Fremont.

1428B08F-B174-4933-AD55-16646AB1CBB4.png
I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.

View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.
when did you order and where are you located?

View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

Is that a placeholder on the internal system for them or for the customer? I've spoken twice now with a CS rep at Tesla, but nothing is showing up in my account as far as a placeholder delivery date goes. They've both told me 12/10 is when the car is supposed to be at my local SC.