Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have TBD... I called Freemont and they told me that they are having issues with the red exteriors, and thus have not started production of red. She said I will likely receive my car in February (earliest) and March Last week (worst case scenario)
This seems in line with what I was told, when I got the call to switch to a 6 seat config. Expect to get the 7 seater Feb-March.
White/Cream/7. Order date - Dec 12, 2020

They didn't have bench seats in 2016...2018 or later?
I’ve seen stories that indicate Tesla outsources bench seats. They do make the bucket seats in-house. Not sure about whether or not the bench seats come from a supplier is true. The point is there are tons of rumors about why delays are happening with few being verified.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
If we are all in this together for another 2-6 months, we may have to come up with some fresh stuff to talk about. Drone videos and subsequent speculation about said videos are great, but can only help so much in passing the time. I know, I know - go on walks, hug spouse and kids, volunteer, read, invent something, organize the basement. I hear you. But, you are all part of my extended family at this point, and I certainly don’t want to neglect my family.

Feel free to toss out some ideas.

Here‘s one: Your Favorite ICE Driving Experience. It can be a one-time experience or a car you owned. For me, two come to mind:

1. A 1980-something black convertible Corvette. It was my dad’s and I had the occasion to take it out. Incredible engine sounds.
  2. Dodge Challenger. Yes, you read that right. A Tesla die hard who previously owned a Chally. I actually had a reservation on the MS literally before the car was released. I got cold feet, cancelled and bought the Challenger. It was a great value and a lot of fun. I then came back to my senses, sold it and re-reserved a MS. By the way, they put me back to the front of the line because I agreed to the highest trim level… But, I digress, we are talking about anything but Tesla’s here!
1. Lamborghini Gallardo on a race track; my wife purchased an exotic driving experience as a surprise about 10 years ago. It was thrilling.
2. Thrilling in a different way would be driving my '07 Saab 9-3 Aero on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. Windows down, of course.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I used 14-50 to charge overnight for 3 years of model S lease. Worked fine. Tempted to upgrade to HPWC while waiting for MX, but even folks at Tesla say it’s not really worth it other than for looks…What’s the consensus?

One nice advantage to using a plug-in type EVSE, is the ability to quickly and easily swap it out. We have a 50a circuit, with an N6-50 receptacle and use a Grizzl-E Smart (40a), it does double duty between our Tesla and our Wrangler 4xe (PHEV), with just an easy adapter swap.

Anyway, if it crapped out (or we just got a notion to use a different product), I could order any replacement and have it up and running as soon as it was delivered - or - use the TMC that came with the car, and the N6-50 adapter I scored (specifically for a backup), for zero downtime.

Lol. Just about everything in the video minus it dropping me off somewhere and parking itself, my car can do today. They were showing you the vision. That site is always crying about things.

Last edited: