Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never thought to look through the refresh S forums, may be indicative of what we can expect. Seems the dreaded shudder may actually be worse. Several reports of complete computer failures. Side mirrors that vibrate so much you can’t see and no current fix. Buggy shifting. Uncomfortable rear seating. And a few more minor things.

Reactions: Hebert
Well… even that technically hasn’t been proven yet 😂. It’s honestly crossed my mind that they’ll scrap the whole model in the middle of all this and try to get everyone into a Y or Cybertruck or some other version of the X. Anything is possible at this point.
You will be waiting and suddenly you get an email that your order is cancelled. Same thing happened to MY LR RWD pre-orders

@RandomRefresh I believe that it is only changing for people that never got VIN's.. I still have my TBD on the X that had a VIN and lost it on the X that never had a VIN.. I think JAN/FEB are placeholders for the masses.. and TBD is for people close to getting a car/VIN..
Question:
Anyone who had a VIN and then lost it.. Do you still have TBD?
The only exceptions to this would be to the people who were orders after 3/21 (the person who ordered 6/21 wouldn't count as they were never supposed to get a VIN)
Still have TBD. 2/26 order date. MX LR MSM black 6seat 20" FSD

We have the HPWC at home and a 14-50 at the in-laws (75 miles away or so). HPWC is very nice for people who do a lot of driving and live on a tight schedule. You come home, eat dinner, and head out for a long drive with enough range that you don’t need a supercharger pause.
Hmm.. assuming dinner takes ~one hour, HPWC could only give you 3-5 miles more than 14-50 outlet in that short period. Does it matter that much for a “long drive”?

Hello,

Long time lurker -- decided to make an account and join the waiting room here.
Welcome! Happy to have you with us. Let me give you the brief rundown:

1. You have no way to know when you will get your vehicle.
2. Tesla employees do not know when you will get your vehicle.
3. We do not know when you will get your vehicle.
4. Feel free to contact Tesla or post here to get more information on when you will get your vehicle with the caveat that it will not change #2 or #3.
5. If it’s helpful, post here about any of your frustrations about how Tesla operates. In a universe of infinite possibilities, this will incentivize Tesla to operate differently.

If we are all in this together for another 2-6 months, we may have to come up with some fresh stuff to talk about. Drone videos and subsequent speculation about said videos are great, but can only help so much in passing the time. I know, I know - go on walks, hug spouse and kids, volunteer, read, invent something, organize the basement. I hear you. But, you are all part of my extended family at this point, and I certainly don’t want to neglect my family.

Feel free to toss out some ideas.

Here‘s one: Your Favorite ICE Driving Experience. It can be a one-time experience or a car you owned. For me, two come to mind:

1. A 1980-something black convertible Corvette. It was my dad’s and I had the occasion to take it out. Incredible engine sounds.
  2. Dodge Challenger. Yes, you read that right. A Tesla die hard who previously owned a Chally. I actually had a reservation on the MS literally before the car was released. I got cold feet, cancelled and bought the Challenger. It was a great value and a lot of fun. I then came back to my senses, sold it and re-reserved a MS. By the way, they put me back to the front of the line because I agreed to the highest trim level… But, I digress, we are talking about anything but Tesla’s here!
I had a 2015 Audi RS6 and I still miss it. 🥺

Well, yesterday came and went with no VIN. However, my SA says he still sees my order on the arrivals list for this month, which has apparently been accurate. With how horribly Tesla has botched the whole S/X launch, I suppose it’s possible that the car winds up ready for delivery before I ever see a VIN. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

Reactions: Elixir and lexus26
1E966F73-0D05-4A1C-A659-A82F09DECBF0.jpeg
Just got this mail from Tesla a few minutes ago. The first actual confirmation & update I guess I have seen without pestering the SC.
Has anyone else outside North America received this? Basically says all non US order deliveries can only start after the 2nd half of 2022. My original price & order will be respected and that all further new orders for the MS & MX have been stopped until further notice.

View attachment 742651Just got this mail from Tesla a few minutes ago. The first actual confirmation & update I guess I have seen without pestering the SC.
Has anyone else outside North America received this? Basically says all non US order deliveries can only start after the 2nd half of 2022. My original price & order will be respected and that all further new orders for the MS & MX have been stopped until further notice.
got the same one in Germany.
Here the (google) translation:
Tesla Hello **,
We will contact you regarding the timing Your Model X order. As we expand production capacities, the launch dates for markets outside of North America have been postponed. We will notify you of delivery times via your Tesla account when production of your Model X approaches. We currently expect shipments outside of North America to begin in the second half of 2022. In order to expedite the delivery of existing orders, including your Model X order, as much as possible, we are currently no longer accepting new orders for the Model S and Model X from markets outside of North America. The price of your Model X will continue to be the same as it was when you placed your order, unless your vehicle configuration has been changed. To apply your order fee to another model, or to receive a full refund, request a call to speak directly to a Tesla representative. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Kind regards, Your Tesla team

View attachment 742651Just got this mail from Tesla a few minutes ago. The first actual confirmation & update I guess I have seen without pestering the SC.
Had the exact same email just now. At least it is something and also nothing that we did not already suspect or know. Will be interesting to see how they take into account order date (if at all) and how that pans out. Still happy with the choice of going for a Model Y in between as this is still just a guestimate if anything. And if the recent 2 years have taught us anything, it is that with Covid; anything can change within a week.

Reactions: lauraut