Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I was pretty sure I had read somewhere that Tesla had patented a unique surface treatment for the brake rotors to prevent/stop rust, so I was a bit bothered to see that.

Previously I had (long ago) learned that GM /Chevy had a similar patent and treated the Chevy Volt brake rotors to prevent rust, so when I read that about Tesla it surprised me and that’s why it stuck with me.

So that said, seeing the rusting brake rotors is kinda a bummer. Maybe not a big deal but a little bit of a bummer nonetheless.
Rotors have iron in them, they are going to rust. And ICE vehicle's brake pads clean the rust off at every stop. I am not sure why GM would invest in such technology since after a few stops the rotors would be nice and shiny. But, companies file patents for various reasons including to lie/advertise to the competition and public. See Apple as an example.

If it really bothers you just slam on the brakes from time to time. If demand more stopping power than regen can provide it uses the disk brakes. This really works when the battery is cold from sitting. The colder the battery is the less regen energy it can accept and the more the car will rely on the disk brakes to slow.

Last edited:
I have to say after driving the car though, its a dream, such a pleasure. I am currently driving like a grandpa though to get myself into the FSD beta. NOA is terrible at timing lane changes. Almost every time it attempted one is when a car in that new lane is hurtling towards me and the car is demanding I confirm the turn immediately. gosh I hope this stupidity is due to the current NOA being old code and not indicative of whats to come in FSD beta.
I read in the owners manual. You can turn off the confirmation feature and the car will make the maneuver without waiting for you to press confirm.

New VIN assigned.
OD: 2/13/2020 (B/C/22/FSD)
1st VIN : 5YJXCBE54MF3259XX (11/30/21) Revoked on 12/2/2021
2nd VIN : 7SAXCBE53NF3289XX (12/13/2021) 🤞
EDD: TBD
This makes me really excited. I got my VIN revoked on 12/2/2021 as well.

I'll keep singing this song until I get the new VIN. 😅

Last November, You gave me the VIN.
But the very next day, you gave it away.
Next year, to save me from tears
You'll give me the new VIN!

Last edited:
Congrats to all the VINers and re-VINers today! Also looks like several deliveries took place over the weekend. Trying to remain optimistic here in MI. Deliveries of later orders occurring in chicago and east coast. Not sure why they can’t just drop off a blue/white X in Michigan on the way!! 😀😀😀.
And also a MSM/Black X. They should be able to fit a couple more on.

Reactions: MIModX79
New VIN assigned.
OD: 2/13/2020 (B/C/22/FSD)
1st VIN : 5YJXCBE54MF3259XX (11/30/21) Revoked on 12/2/2021
2nd VIN : 7SAXCBE53NF3289XX (12/13/2021) 🤞
EDD: TBD
Great to hear that cancelled Vinners are back alive!
Congrats.

Can you please tell me if you had in your account the old "Vehicle Delivery Configuration" document with the old VIN, until they assigned you the NEW one? I also lost my VIN, but still have that document in my account showing the old number. Thanks for your help

Hey All. Given the chat on here about possible quality issues I've been searching for a delivery checklist.

I found this one from here on TMC that seems pretty good, but does anyone have any others to share? The last thing I want to do is reject my own car after this long wait, but obviously I don't want to be stuck with a car that is broken from the start...

Reactions: DelPhonic1