Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M
Yesterday my world changed a bit. Our family dog passed away. Having to explain it to our four year old twins was very hard. The boy didn’t take it well and kept crying asking “who am I gonna pet now!?!!!” while the girl kept yelling. Weird how we all mourn different. The dog had been my wife’s since before we got married so she took it extra hard. The dog was also my only coworker nowadays since I work from home. So damn depressing. To top off the day, the wife got a message from her work at lunch time saying that a lot of people that had attended her company’s holiday party were testing positive for Covid. I went to the grocery store and picked up some home tests only to find out the twins and wife are positive. I’m somehow negative. But this means we cannot travel for a few weeks due to this as we were planning to visit my 91 year old grandma. We are gonna go get “real” tests today as I don’t trust home tests but I’m pretty sure the family has covid if everyone else at wife’s work does too.

The crappy thing that got me down is that the reason we got six seats in the MX was for my dog. She will never get to see it now and enjoy the road-trips. But I’ll be here to pick it up assuming I don’t become positive.
So sorry to hear all this. The death of a family pet is hard enough without the added Covid stress. My daughter just tested positive last night and we have to figure out how to get her home from school since she can’t fly. Sure wish we had the Model X for a road trip!☹️

Yesterday my world changed a bit. Our family dog passed away. Having to explain it to our four year old twins was very hard. The boy didn’t take it well and kept crying asking “who am I gonna pet now!?!!!” while the girl kept yelling. Weird how we all mourn different. The dog had been my wife’s since before we got married so she took it extra hard. The dog was also my only coworker nowadays since I work from home. So damn depressing. To top off the day, the wife got a message from her work at lunch time saying that a lot of people that had attended her company’s holiday party were testing positive for Covid. I went to the grocery store and picked up some home tests only to find out the twins and wife are positive. I’m somehow negative. But this means we cannot travel for a few weeks due to this as we were planning to visit my 91 year old grandma. We are gonna go get “real” tests today as I don’t trust home tests but I’m pretty sure the family has covid if everyone else at wife’s work does too.

The crappy thing that got me down is that the reason we got six seats in the MX was for my dog. She will never get to see it now and enjoy the road-trips. But I’ll be here to pick it up assuming I don’t become positive.
Ugh, I am really sorry, @Stro. Our dog is literally part of our family. I can't imagine not having her. It's tough. I feel you, man.

Stay safe as you guys hunker down. Catch up on some reading and Netflix while you have the time.

As someone with a 5-seater on order as well I’d happily take the offer to upgrade to a 6-seat configuration if they’d just give me a ring. But alas having ordered in May I suspect that call isn’t coming unfortunately.
I ordered a five seater Nov 2020, and they never called me at all. Talk about feeling unloved. But alas....I'ld rather have it without flaws and bugs, than have it early. $100,000. for a vehicle it better be 99% perfect.

Reactions: Elixir

I am so sorry. We lost our beautiful loving Akita last year and I’m still broken up about it.(pictured in my account signature) Like you we were getting the X to carry our dog “Zen” and had been waiting for over a year for the refresh to land. He didn’t make it through the wait. We haven’t been able to bring ourselves to get another dog yet but eventually we will, and the X will now be for him/her. I wish your whole family peace at this time of loss and that your wife and twins move quickly to recovery from Covid.

I ordered a five seater Nov 2020, and they never called me at all. Talk about feeling unloved. But alas....I'ld rather have it without flaws and bugs, than have it early. $100,000. for a vehicle it better be 99% perfect.
Those of us who picked the wrong seating configuration they don’t care about - gotta capture that extra $6500!

It does get annoying when they deliver 6 seaters ordered 6-9 months after a 5/7 seater order. I do not believe at all that it’s a supply chain issue for the bench seats either - there has been zero evidence of that, I think it’s just prioritizing the most expensive trim so they can build just that trim only to start with.

Those of us who picked the wrong seating configuration they don’t care about - gotta capture that extra $6500!

It does get annoying when they deliver 6 seaters ordered 6-9 months after a 5/7 seater order. I do not believe at all that it’s a supply chain issue for the bench seats either - there has been zero evidence of that, I think it’s just prioritizing the most expensive trim so they can build just that trim only to start with.
In this case I really do think it’s a supply chain issue. With the very small number of these cars they will deliver in the first several months and the amount of difficulty to call and reach each individual and change their order, it just wouldn’t make business sense or make any meaningful difference to a company of this size bottom line. They have way bigger fish to fry. Still frustrating as hell though

Hope you all feel better!! It’s very hard to lose a family member and the worst is processing the loss while breaking it down to the little ones. Adding Covid to that is like the worst topping ever- wow!
This too will pass!! Stay positive & stay strong!

• Love
Reactions: Stro

So sorry to hear! Never a fun time!

• Love

If that were the case, we’d see all Plaid 6 seaters. Which hasn’t happened.

Think about it for a second. The bench in the X is unique compared to any other Tesla vehicle and to the best of anyones knowledge is one of the rare seats not made by Tesla.

Reactions: T3slafan2500
If that were the case, we’d see all Plaid 6 seaters. Which hasn’t happened.

Think about it for a second. The bench in the X is unique compared to any other Tesla vehicle and to the best of anyones knowledge is one of the rare seats not made by Tesla.
I expected the 2nd row bench parts to be shared with the Model S (which is shipping), but I'm always surprised to hear how few parts are shared between Model S and X.

I do not believe at all that it’s a supply chain issue for the bench seats either - there has been zero evidence of that, I think it’s just prioritizing the most expensive trim so they can build just that trim only to start with.
So you need evidence of one thing (which the lack of vehicles manufactured with the bench is definitely evidence) but don’t need any evidence of the other thing (that Tesla is just optimizing revenue, despite actual 6 seat orders getting vehicles behind “upgraded” orders). Strange. Alternatively, you might just already have a narrative and everything you see supports it.

Dude, I am so sorry to hear. You have been a major contributor to this thread and glad to see a lot of well wishes here for you and your family. I’m wishing your family strength and a quick recovery.

They say that grief is the last act of love we can give and if grief is hard, the love that was given is deep. I couldn’t imagine what you’re going through right now but better days are ahead. Take care @Stro .

I expected the 2nd row bench parts to be shared with the Model S (which is shipping), but I'm always surprised to hear how few parts are shared between Model S and X.
There may be some similarities, but thinking about how an X bench has to fold and move for 3rd row potential access vs an S just folds. Not to mention I think size differences in car widths?

But just a guess there on the actual differences in the benches.

So sorry to hear this @Stro. Hope they recover quickly.

• Love

Sorry to hear about all these issues. We lost our cat of 17 years this Spring. He slept with us almost every night. Pets are truly members of your family. Give your kids a hug from all of us pet owners.

Covid seems to be hitting a lot of kids now. Not sure if this is the new Omicron variant, Delta, or lack of vaccination with kids. My friend is sleeping in his driveway in his camper because his 2 kids and wife have Covid. He is cooking family meals in the camper and running them into the rest of the family.

I hope your family gets over this ASAP, and applaud your concern for Grandma's health.

• Love
Reactions: Stro and Zygote1975

So sorry to hear. Don't suppose the company party required attendees to be vaccinated.

• Love
Very little is shared between X and S. 30% is the number that comes to mind. Read Elon's tweets on how staff pulled him back from the Model X's Cliffs of Insanity when it came time to design the Y. With the Y they reversed the numbers and shot for 70% of the parts being the same between the 3 and Y.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah

Stro, I am so sorry about your situation!

Years ago, we had a great dog... we were building a custom made house, where I had implemented a few things specifically for her. Before we could move in, she suddenly passed away due a stroke. I always thought about her whenever I saw one of those features. Mourn as you need... 😪

Hope that the COVID thing resolves itself! At least you will spend Christmas with your family.

Ok, this is Tesla forum - the most important thing is that you didn't wreck the new X! (Maybe the elves are keeping it for you, until they know it will be safe!)