Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ooops I’m VINing again
Tesla played with my heart
got lost along the way
Oh SA, SA
Oooops you think I’m in love
That you’re sent from above
I got my VIN again!
7SAXCBE53NF3294XX

What’s messed up is, this is the first order we did.. w/b/6/22/FSD.. the MSM that had a VIN and we lost is still tbd and was ordered second still has no VIN.. this one was FEB and immediately switched to tbd (blank-Jan-tbd-feb-tbd) VIN was assigned like 5 minutes ago with a text coinciding.. I checked literally 10 minutes before I got text and was not there.. so text and Website are simultaneous..
Lastly, I didn’t post this here last week for sake of cluttering page but I talked to my SA and he said both X’s were in “building phase” with no “soft match” or anything in the behind the scenes access they have.. so not to say he was BS but to say calling them and asking seems somewhat pointless due to this call two days prior and him seeing nothing on his end.. (he’s been very open and is somewhat high up the food chain)
Glad to be back in the club! Hoping it sticks this time!
Wooohooo! Congrats!

Guys. my order is april order. I got Vin yesterday, received the text, see that in my account.
Today - vanished. Talked to tesla - they don't see it....

I am quite pissed, they just can't get their act together. I started my financing already and i should have waited. (Blue - 6 seater - NY)
This Vin snatching should be a federal crime 🤔

There's been a lot of discussion and conjecture related to Tesla's motivation on delivering 6 seat MX's. I spent some time on the MX order page today and observed what I consider as odd information. If you order a new LR MX the delivery date is January 2023, regardless of color, # of seats or wheels chosen. However, if you were to order a new Plaid MX the delivery date is October 2022, not January 2023, again regardless of color, # of seats or wheels. That certainly makes it seem that Tesla's priority is profit and not a parts availability issue.

Reactions: lexus26 and jbrowdy
Yesterday my world changed a bit. Our family dog passed away. Having to explain it to our four year old twins was very hard. The boy didn’t take it well and kept crying asking “who am I gonna pet now!?!!!” while the girl kept yelling. Weird how we all mourn different. The dog had been my wife’s since before we got married so she took it extra hard. The dog was also my only coworker nowadays since I work from home. So damn depressing. To top off the day, the wife got a message from her work at lunch time saying that a lot of people that had attended her company’s holiday party were testing positive for Covid. I went to the grocery store and picked up some home tests only to find out the twins and wife are positive. I’m somehow negative. But this means we cannot travel for a few weeks due to this as we were planning to visit my 91 year old grandma. We are gonna go get “real” tests today as I don’t trust home tests but I’m pretty sure the family has covid if everyone else at wife’s work does too.

The crappy thing that got me down is that the reason we got six seats in the MX was for my dog. She will never get to see it now and enjoy the road-trips. But I’ll be here to pick it up assuming I don’t become positive.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and COVID and your trip!

I think that you have a perfect name for your new MX whenever it arrives.

Thank you for sharing with us. Sorry for my delay in response.

I’m seeing trends where the exterior color blue, red, black and midnight silver are getting their VIN. But no white at all this week. Hopefully they will do white exterior next week. And hopefully more VINners in Florida.

Merry Christmas and happy holiday to y’all from South Florida.
I just got white VIN black interior

There's been a lot of discussion and conjecture related to Tesla's motivation on delivering 6 seat MX's. I spent some time on the MX order page today and observed what I consider as odd information. If you order a new LR MX the delivery date is January 2023, regardless of color, # of seats or wheels chosen. However, if you were to order a new Plaid MX the delivery date is October 2022, not January 2023, again regardless of color, # of seats or wheels. That certainly makes it seem that Tesla's priority is profit and not a parts availability issue.
Yep. Tesla builds all model X seats in house. The mid row model X bench fold flat was subject to a recall in 2017 when they used outside vendors and that’s why Elon switched to building the seats in house - specifically because of the model X (Google for the electrek articles on this).

I don’t know where all the rumors of supply chain issues or that tesla uses outside vendors for the bench seats came from - building the most expensive configuration with minimal variations first makes the most sense when starting a production ramp. Fewer things to debug coming off the line too.

And yes ideally they’d have started with model X plaid 6 seat but something is still not sorted with the plaid for some reason.

Fellow Plaid reservation holders, pretty soon, it'll be just us here in the waiting room, watching tumbleweeds blow by. It'll get lonely. To deal with the insanity, we should share speculation on why the Plaid is delayed. Personally, whatever it is, I sure hope my car isn't built yet and sitting on some field of dirt. For all this waiting, we can at least benefit from the Refresh manufacturing learning curve.

In any case, my vote (and hope) is that we are getting the ceramic brakes they are talking about for the MS Plaid. On the flip side, if that's the issue, I can fully see Tesla extorting another $20k from us.... 😬

Fellow Plaid reservation holders, pretty soon, it'll be just us here in the waiting room, watching tumbleweeds blow by. It'll get lonely. To deal with the insanity, we should share speculation on why the Plaid is delayed. Personally, whatever it is, I sure hope my car isn't built yet and sitting on some field of dirt. For all this waiting, we can at least benefit from the Refresh manufacturing learning curve.

In any case, my vote (and hope) is that we are getting the ceramic brakes they are talking about for the MS Plaid. On the flip side, if that's the issue, I can fully see Tesla extorting another $20k from us.... 😬
They’re delaying the plaid to give you 4680, better brakes and longer range. Might as well dream big right?!!?

Ooops I’m VINing again
Tesla played with my heart
got lost along the way
Oh SA, SA
Oooops you think I’m in love
That you’re sent from above
I got my VIN again!
7SAXCBE53NF3294XX

What’s messed up is, this is the first order we did.. w/b/6/22/FSD.. the MSM that had a VIN and we lost is still tbd and was ordered second still has no VIN.. this one was FEB and immediately switched to tbd (blank-Jan-tbd-feb-tbd) VIN was assigned like 5 minutes ago with a text coinciding.. I checked literally 10 minutes before I got text and was not there.. so text and Website are simultaneous..
Lastly, I didn’t post this here last week for sake of cluttering page but I talked to my SA and he said both X’s were in “building phase” with no “soft match” or anything in the behind the scenes access they have.. so not to say he was BS but to say calling them and asking seems somewhat pointless due to this call two days prior and him seeing nothing on his end.. (he’s been very open and is somewhat high up the food chain)
Glad to be back in the club! Hoping it sticks this time!
Just to add another data point. I didn't get a text or email along with my VIN yesterday and still haven't gotten one. Luckily, the VIN hasn't disappeared so far.