Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not against them inspecting it but the amount of time they need to inspect it with no rhyme or reason and no idea when they can give me a delivery window is rediculous, not sure how long you have been waiting but it’s been over 365 days. Calling someone a “joker” is name calling? That’s interesting…
I think what he meant is that “joker“ is too kind. You need to come up with something a bit beefier 😉

• Funny
Reactions: 1pinhigh
How about? —> The more you put deposit, the faster you get your car.

Really separate the pack with that one.
I paid for my refresh in full in March. When production did not start imminently, I asked for my money back several times. Tesla told me that would require cancelling my order and putting me at the back of the line. I was told I would be first to receive my X so I held fast. Now someone with the exact same configuration and delivery center already received their car. They ordered a month later than me. I'm still TBD.

Keep your money until you're looking at a set of wheels.

Today, it happened. I accepted delivery of my LRX.

To everyone here: I know it really really really sucks to wait for this thing, but I have never had so littler buyer‘s remorse in my life. This thing is BEAUTIFUL, and drives even better.

I spent 2 hours meticulously investigating every single nook, cranny, and detail of this thing. All I found was two minor paint issues and the passenger side FWD with a gap +2mm from the driver side. I would have never noticed any of these things if I hadn’t have been going through the delivery checklist. Every other detail was on-point. Of the issues I found, I pointed these few issues out at the SC and they said they would fix those if I reported them via the app etc.

I have since driven 300 miles south on the I-5 in CA and this thing is a dream. No noises, shakes, rattles, or anything weird. Autopilot is amazing (my first long time tesla experience with it), navigating traffic more smoothly than I would if driving myself.

I have to give a major shout out to the Corte Madera SC for their diligence with prepping this car. There was a scheduling mix up (see earlier posts), but they made really good by it and went above and beyond from a service delivery / customer care perspective. Unlike some other SCs that just turn the car around within 24 hours of receiving it, they took great care to make sure all the details were right at the expense of me having to wait a little longer.

Happy to answer any questions, but for now, finishing my drive to LA after writing this up at a super charger.

Hang in there everyone! Your time will come and you will be super thrilled that you waited it out. And if not, you can probably sell it back for a profit at this point, haha.

View attachment 746513View attachment 746514View attachment 746515
Looking great! Thanks for sharing. I have autopilot on my 2016 X but understand "lane changing" is going to be different. Can you tell me what specifically you do to change lanes?

I’m not against them inspecting it but the amount of time they need to inspect it with no rhyme or reason and no idea when they can give me a delivery window is rediculous, not sure how long you have been waiting but it’s been over 365 days. Calling someone a “joker” is name calling? That’s interesting…
I've waited over a year, ordered November 2020, and I am not calling the staff where I ordered names. You calling them jokers is name calling. I'll get my car when I get it. As I have said before, I would rather have it correct than have it quickly. I would love to depreciate some of this year, but it's not going to happen because (evidently) I ordered a 5 seater. Oh well.... que sera, sera. It will be worth waiting for.

If we wear ruby slippers and click our heels three times and say "There's no place like Plaid, there's no place like Plaid, there's no place like Plaid" that we'll actually see a Plaid VIN? :)

Ruby_Slippers.jpg

I've waited over a year, ordered November 2020, and I am not calling the staff where I ordered names. You calling them jokers is name calling. I'll get my car when I get it. As I have said before, I would rather have it correct than have it quickly. I would love to depreciate some of this year, but it's not going to happen because (evidently) I ordered a 5 seater. Oh well.... que sera, sera. It will be worth waiting for.
I don’t believe I spoke with any member of the staff at the SC where my car is but rather calling the customer support number who “said they spoke with someone there” which I find hard to believe, so I misspoke. I’m going down there today to ask them a more realistic timeline of when I could at least expect to set up a delivery day.

Reactions: Zygote1975
I still think Tesla should have stuck to the 1000 deposit amounts to order a car at least when it comes to the S and the X. If they wanted to keep it 100 on the 3 and Y so be it but I would have moved to 1000 deposit across the board. Only truly serious buyers would lay down 1000....100 is nothing to walk away from the deal
It’s $250 now for 3 and Y As well as S & X.

Reactions: LL#2
The "chat room" IS this thread. So much of it is just thoughts and comments. How else did this become 670 odd pages in less than a year without substantial deliveries?!

The only thing that's grown faster is the number of times that we've refreshed our Tesla account to see if we're VINners - and I'm not again for this hour. For now I'm just a WHINer.
Lol... Apparently you didn't see my sarcasm font 😂

I paid for my refresh in full in March. When production did not start imminently, I asked for my money back several times. Tesla told me that would require cancelling my order and putting me at the back of the line. I was told I would be first to receive my X so I held fast. Now someone with the exact same configuration and delivery center already received their car. They ordered a month later than me. I'm still TBD.

Keep your money until you're looking at a set of wheels.
That really SUCKS...

You want them to inspect and repair the car before you pay and leave your house. Jan 2017 I had them go through the TMC list before I paid and drove 2 hrs to Schaumburg with a driver. They had to correct and get a couple parts. It took a week. I was happy to not waste my time.
There is no name calling on here. You'll get kicked off.