Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most of us would happily fly to CA right now to take delivery and drive home cross-country, if it would get the car sooner.
I’m actually flying there for New Years. Maybe I should swing by Fremont and see if I could just drive my X home. I would be more than happy to.

My buddy just got a VIN for his MX order but is out of town. He was planning on waiting until 1/3/22 to take delivery of the car. I have purchased Two Model Y's this year and know the drill when it comes to the Y. 3 days from them notifying you of possible delivery dates it seems like in the Bay Area at least or they release the VIN. Since we are getting towards the end of the quarter and located in the Bay Area I pointed out that deferring this vin could possibly mean a very long wait or they assign him a new VIN right away. Historically VINs come at the end of the quarter when you are close to the factory.

Am I off base here? Is the X the same as the Y in this regard? Loving my 22' MYP I picked up yesterday. Gotta sell the 21' MYLR now. Wish my pockets were deep enough for an X.

Reactions: Zygote1975
My buddy just got a VIN for his MX order but is out of town. He was planning on waiting until 1/3/22 to take delivery of the car. I have purchased Two Model Y's this year and know the drill when it comes to the Y. 3 days from them notifying you of possible delivery dates it seems like in the Bay Area at least or they release the VIN. Since we are getting towards the end of the quarter and located in the Bay Area I pointed out that deferring this vin could possibly mean a very long wait or they assign him a new VIN right away. Historically VINs come at the end of the quarter when you are close to the factory.

Am I off base here? Is the X the same as the Y in this regard? Loving my 22' MYP I picked up yesterday. Gotta sell the 21' MYLR now. Wish my pockets were deep enough for an X.
It's the same for any Tesla, IMO.