Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, how many of us can get your car?!?! It’s like a revolving door around here! 🤣

Edit: when the Plaid reservation holders get your VIN assigned, you’ll know for sure it’s just the intern forking with you!
I called the Cincinnati SC today to talk with SA/manager.. he was busy (go figure).. was told via SA that he’d look into it and reach back out. Has yet to reply to email or call back. They closed at 3pm est today for Christmas. I’m insanely close to reaching out to electrek and others on this slow news day and disclose the lies and the absolute terrible experience that I and others in here are experiencing.
It’s just insanely disappointing and honestly I feel helpless and saddened by this process. It felt bad before, in terms of the wait and lack of communication. But now it’s in my face and when it’s needed the most, there’s zero effort to want me as a customer/communicate that to me.
It’s blatant lack of respect for us/their customers.
End of rant!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Just got v11 off to fall in love with my abusive partner all over again..
😔

I called the Cincinnati SC today to talk with SA/manager.. he was busy (go figure).. was told via SA that he’d look into it and reach back out. Has yet to reply to email or call back. They closed at 3pm est today for Christmas. I’m insanely close to reaching out to electrek and others on this slow news day and disclose the lies and the absolute terrible experience that I and others in here are experiencing.
It’s just insanely disappointing and honestly I feel helpless and saddened by this process. It felt bad before, in terms of the wait and lack of communication. But now it’s in my face and when it’s needed the most, there’s zero effort to want me as a customer/communicate that to me.
End of rant!
😔
You’re a better man than me. I would have already started my social media blitz and contacted as many outlets to let them know. And I’m an investor saying this. As I would tell my kids, they need a spanking.

End of rant!
😔
Honestly I’d reach out and get this in the news. Every single person on here has spent (or is about to spend) $100k+ with Tesla and what do we have to show for it? We’ve been lied to and schemed against and left in the dark at every turn. Making this public will most likely help you out and might even help out the rest of us. Usually I am all for giving them a chance, and it sounds like you did that. But even if you didn’t give them that chance, I truly feel we don’t owe them anything.

If this wasn’t such an incredible vehicle I would have walked a long time ago.

I hear you. Fortunately, I have a reservation on an R1S. I probably will take delivery on my model X, assuming it comes in this lifetime. If the Rivian pans out to be awesome like everyone says it is, maybe I’ll take delivery on that, too and ditch my model X as my segue out of this abusive relationship that I’ve been tolerating for so long!
@jbrowdy did you get "the letter" from Rivian with your anticipated delivery date? I also have one on order, though not a LE, and haven't heard boo from them, even after pressing to get an estimate! I had heard that those who didn't order LE's would be receiving something before the end of the year. Realize that it's not technically the end of the year, so just asking for a friend... :cool:

Since taking delivery of the CPO 2018 Model X, I've fallen in love with the white interior. Just called Tesla to ask about switching the interior of our 2022 order to white: agent said that would cause the vehicle to be repriced at the latest cost ($5000 more) and would probably delay the order even more. Not worth it - cream will be fine, thank you very much.

Meantime, Mrs. G and I are really loving the CPO vehicle - we might just keep it long-term. We'll see.
I choose cream because it's only available on X and S.. Exclusively must count for something 🤣

I literally want my car bad enough that I’d volunteer at the Fremont Factory next week (on my week off). In return, Tesla would provide me my car at the end of the week.

*Tesla should implement that program - anyone with me?
*They could even charge a fee for the program
You'll be assigned the job of reaching out to all X order placers and notifying them about the delays in their cars.

So I went to the Tesla Showroom in Reno and talked with a guy there. He looked on his end and it shows my car still is in “build mode” which means it hasn’t started build yet (been that way for at least three months). I am a pre-refresh order. He said I know these things are real cause we have delivered a couple of them, so I perked up. He said in fact let me check your configuration because yesterday someone couldn’t take delivery because their trade in was not close to the condition they had said. He looks it up and says “yes it matches your configuration” it’s right on the side of the building if you want to look at it and I’ll go talk to my manager and let him know you can take delivery today if we can get financing set. My heart started beating, I walked over and saw the refreshed X in white they pulled it up and in to do some final washing of it then a guy came over and said I couldn’t be back there and as I walked away I noticed the interior was cream and not black and then the showroom guy came over and said “oh I’m so sorry the X that didn’t get delivered yesterday ended up getting delivered to someone with a Nov 2020 order”. So now back to my EDD of who cares it doesn’t mean anything date.

@jbrowdy did you get "the letter" from Rivian with your anticipated delivery date? I also have one on order, though not a LE, and haven't heard boo from them, even after pressing to get an estimate! I had heard that those who didn't order LE's would be receiving something before the end of the year. Realize that it's not technically the end of the year, so just asking for a friend... :cool:
I haven’t received anything either