Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally VINed 11/30 with a 2021, removed 12/2, reVINed 12/14, emailed it would be in today, asked to pickup up 27, 28, or 29th. If I couldn't pickup they'd give it away. Paid cash yesterday, picking up 29th. 2nd MX.
If I couldn't pickup they'd given it away. Schaumburg. Gray, wh, 6, 20. Ordered 1/14/21.
Great !! Congratulation 🥳 .. Share pictures.

The power of positive thinking. My wife and I ordered this and our MX is due in Oct 2022. Merry Christmas everyone.

Attachments

• 20211224_143741[805].jpg
    20211224_143741[805].jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 155
I don't think they purposely lied or schemed against anyone. I can agreed woth left in the dark.
We read about missing usbs and missing wheel caps and missing floor mats, etc. The drones should alot of cars just sitting there.
Alot of us were VINed and now reVINed. Now they're just struggling to get all those cars delivered by 12/31.
I am personally thrilled I was reVINed a 2022, it could mean the difference of $10,000? When I sell.
Flippingrichs VIN showing up here is a bizarre..
And someday a humorous incident. I could switch cars with you he/she has 22s.
It may not have been on purpose but it still happened. I agree it probably wasn’t intentional and it most likely stemmed from a lack of communication from higher ups to the SAs, but just thing about how many people here were promised a delivery this year if we (yep, I was one of them) upgraded to the 6 seater. Some people were told it will probably happen while some of us were told it will definitely happen. Its my own fault for not getting it in writing (not that it would have mattered) but I was lied to in order to pay $6500 more for a seating configuration that I didn’t really want.

I love this idea. I’d totally do it.

How? You’re in Louisiana. I am so confused. I’d totally fly to get mine too though.

Paying an extra 1% sales tax isn’t bad.
We have a second home in Carlsbad. Primary home on New Orleans. We wanted to accept delivery in California. More Tesla knowledge and experience here to get tint, ceramic coating, etc.

I don't think they purposely lied or schemed against anyone. I can agreed woth left in the dark.
We read about missing usbs and missing wheel caps and missing floor mats, etc. The drones should alot of cars just sitting there.
Alot of us were VINed and now reVINed. Now they're just struggling to get all those cars delivered by 12/31.
I am personally thrilled I was reVINed a 2022, it could mean the difference of $10,000? When I sell.
Flippingrichs VIN showing up here is a bizarre..
And someday a humorous incident. I could switch cars with you he/she has 22s.
What happened to me is beyond terrible
They gave me a VIN and took it away.. no problem..
They said I was a priority for next match.. no problem..
They offer my exact car (literally) to someone who didn’t order those specs at all.. not same exterior or interior..
which is a massive problem. It’s straight up bs.. I’m a shareholder, I love Tesla, and am a self proclaimed fan boy.. which is why I have zero interest in blowing this up.. but Elons tweet/“leaked” internal email was bs and a lie..
lastly, this whole process has been trash, I’ve now owned two model 3’s and neither experience was like this.. If I was a first time buyer I’d be weary of their customer relations. I strongly feel their lead/moat in the market allows them to feel like they can do this with no repercussions which I hate to say they can.. I’m in a zero win situation to raise hell because of my fear to be pushed back even further.. also I won’t cancel order and they most likely know this which leaves me in a very hard bargaining position.. I just hope that they do the right thing and like @Stro said offer supercharger miles or free FSD or something.. because this is just terrible to feel like I do because of their IDGAF approach to customer relations/pre sales..
again blaaaahhhh 🙃😕😔😞😒

My LR red/black 6 seater was delivered this afternoon :) Ordered 1/14/21 and got VINned on 12/17. Delivery was scheduled on 12/26 but my SA called this morning if I can take delivery today. I really wish there will be a lot of new VINners before the end of this year! Merry Christmas! (Ride height was on super high setting - my driveway has a curbed ramp)

Attachments

• 79200580-B64E-4C24-9366-8D65BAC52A7B.jpeg
    79200580-B64E-4C24-9366-8D65BAC52A7B.jpeg
    821.6 KB · Views: 102
We have a second home in Carlsbad. Primary home on New Orleans. We wanted to accept delivery in California. More Tesla knowledge and experience here to get tint, ceramic coating, etc.
Not sure if you saw my message or not. But is your vin the same as mine posted here? 7SAXCBE57NF328601
If you don’t want to respond in this thread I get it.. PM me.. I just really would like to know if I need to give up on trying to get this car..
thanks! I was given this VIN on 11/30 and lost it 12/2 due to it “not passing final inspection”
Please allow me to get clarity on this..
Thanks and congrats!

Reactions: Stro
It may not have been on purpose but it still happened. I agree it probably wasn’t intentional and it most likely stemmed from a lack of communication from higher ups to the SAs, but just thing about how many people here were promised a delivery this year if we (yep, I was one of them) upgraded to the 6 seater. Some people were told it will probably happen while some of us were told it will definitely happen. Its my own fault for not getting it in writing (not that it would have mattered) but I was lied to in order to pay $6500 more for a seating configuration that I didn’t really want.
Forgot about those of you who were asked to upgrade. Fingers crossed. Could still happen. It appears if the cars are declined they move down the list. You could be next.
They wouldn't be faulty cars, just someone out of town, etc.
They called me at 1:40pm Tuesday...I was in meeting. By 2:40pm 2 SAs where emailing at the same time to say they needed immediate confirmation or the car would be given away. Then a text.
Also wondering if they're sending these cars to larger locations..Schaumburg..so if people decline they can still easily move the car before yr end. Makes sense.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
My LR red/black 6 seater was delivered this afternoon :) Ordered 1/14/21 and got VINned on 12/17. Delivery was scheduled on 12/26 but my SA called this morning if I can take delivery today. I really wish there will be a lot of new VINners before the end of this year! Merry Christmas! (Ride height was on super high setting - my driveway has a curbed ramp)
That is gorgeous. I have a Red/white on order.
And once again I like the more-SUV-ish look on the high ride height setting. Plus it helps differentiate the X and makes it look a little bigger.

I think I will routinely put the ride height up when driving slowly. I wonder if I can have it do that automatically: for example, “under 30 mph, ride height ______.”

It just looks cool. 😎

Reactions: Stro
Forgot about those of you who were asked to upgrade. Fingers crossed. Could still happen. It appears if the cars are declined they move down the list. You could be next.
They wouldn't be faulty cars, just someone out of town, etc.
They called me at 1:40pm Tuesday...I was in meeting. By 2:40pm 2 SAs where emailing at the same time to say they needed immediate confirmation or the car would be given away. Then a text.
Also wondering if they're sending these cars to larger locations..Schaumburg..so if people decline they can still easily move the car before yr end. Makes sense.
Wow. Ok so actually checking our phones every hour is a good idea.

Reactions: EV3_
What happened to me is beyond terrible
They gave me a VIN and took it away.. no problem..
They said I was a priority for next match.. no problem..
They offer my exact car (literally) to someone who didn’t order those specs at all.. not same exterior or interior..
which is a massive problem. It’s straight up bs.. I’m a shareholder, I love Tesla, and am a self proclaimed fan boy.. which is why I have zero interest in blowing this up.. but Elons tweet/“leaked” internal email was bs and a lie..
lastly, this whole process has been trash, I’ve now owned two model 3’s and neither experience was like this.. If I was a first time buyer I’d be weary of their customer relations. I strongly feel their lead/moat in the market allows them to feel like they can do this with no repercussions which I hate to say they can.. I’m in a zero win situation to raise hell because of my fear to be pushed back even further.. also I won’t cancel order and they most likely know this which leaves me in a very hard bargaining position.. I just hope that they do the right thing and like @Stro said offer supercharger miles or free FSD or something.. because this is just terrible to feel like I do because of their IDGAF approach to customer relations/pre sales..
again blaaaahhhh 🙃😕😔😞😒
Actually now that you say this the Highland Park SC kind of worked me over. My MX 2017 had the steering column snap in May 2018. Still drivable, didn't know what it was. They repaired it. The struts must have snapped at the same time. In May of 2019 I believe Tesla dropped the range on the car 15 percent. I went round and round with the service center to repair the $1800 struts and admit the range was lowered. They refused the struts and said the car was in range.
It was maddening. Both of these items were in the news and MS class action lawsuits, but MX has a smaller customer fan base.
If something goes wrong with the car and I'm treated like an idiot again I'll be gone.
So yeh its not over.
Fingers crossed.

That is gorgeous. I have a Red/white on order.
And once again I like the more-SUV-ish look on the high ride height setting. Plus it helps differentiate the X and makes it look a little bigger.

I think I will routinely put the ride height up when driving slowly. I wonder if I can have it do that automatically: for example, “under 30 mph, ride height ______.”

It just looks cool.
I took photos of the different height settings. Cheers!

Attachments

• 7E273636-1304-4E83-8DD6-83AF98979CEE.jpeg
    7E273636-1304-4E83-8DD6-83AF98979CEE.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 43EE41E3-DF8B-4C96-AFCC-0B7FA03C9F27.jpeg
    43EE41E3-DF8B-4C96-AFCC-0B7FA03C9F27.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 90
  • B5EA27DF-2ADD-442F-ACF9-1E11B5F9F80F.jpeg
    B5EA27DF-2ADD-442F-ACF9-1E11B5F9F80F.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 54AE415A-5EC4-4678-85A9-6BFCC158B3AC.jpeg
    54AE415A-5EC4-4678-85A9-6BFCC158B3AC.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 626C6CC2-360B-4B93-80CF-AA8496683B3D.jpeg
    626C6CC2-360B-4B93-80CF-AA8496683B3D.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 95
Congrats! Love that red! Seriously has me second guessing the MSM..

Bit of history and context might be helpful for some readers...

Back in the days of AP1, there was basically only one set of Autopilot features, which included TACC, autosteer, auto-lane change (which is the feature being discussed here), summon, autopark, and maybe a few other things. Some of these features were available in the initial software rollout in October 2015 and some were developed later, but you either had the entire package or nothing. It was either called "Tech Package with Autopilot" or "Autopilot Convenience Features" depending on when you ordered. I think it shows up now as "Highway Autopilot" in my car (2015 S85D).

Starting with AP2, you could either have no Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot (roughly the same as AP1 Autopilot), or FSD (which for a long time added nothing). The key here was that none of the autosteer, etc. features were included in the base configuration.

Nowadays (not sure starting when), all Teslas come with some basic Autopilot capability included (now called Autopilot), which gives basically TACC and autosteer. All of the other functionality, including auto-lane change, NOA, Summon, Smart Summon, etc. is rolled into the FSD package (whether you're in the "FSD beta" or not).

So those of us coming from much older Teslas, it looks like today's Autopilot package does less than AP1 Autopilot did. We have to buy/subscribe to the FSD package (even if we don't care about "FSD beta" or the FSD feature) to get things like auto-lane change, summon, etc. that used to be included.

Hope that helps,

Bruce.

Not sure if anyone has already corrected this, but AP1 came out in October 2014.

I am interested in purchasing as well. I emailed them and they are able to create a mat for trunk and frunk. Terms are little strict with no return policy. All sales are final. Anyone has experience with them? How well do they fit? I inquired from them how they get measurements for a car practically not yet out.

Not sure if anyone has already corrected this, but AP1 came out in October 2014.

Thanks, but I don't think there's a correction needed. The cars started getting built with the AP1 hardware in late 2014 (maybe that's what you had in mind?). There were a few new features, such as speed limit sign recognition, lane departure warning, and (maybe?) TACC, but the AP1 cars at first worked very similarly to pre-AP.

The first software release that enabled autosteering wasn't released to the fleet until October 2015 (October 15 I think, definitely no later than October 16). I actually remember kicking off the software update in the parking lot at work and using autosteer a little on the drive home.

Bruce.