Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked my MVPA this morning and Tesla has added the $2,000 pre refresh order discount to it. It shows up in the "Order Adjustment" section. That was the last thing that I was worried about other than the condition of the car upon delivery. Delivery is setup for December 28th so they applied the discount three days before delivery. I don't know if that is something the main office does or the local service center.
IMG_2265.jpeg

Thanks, but I don't think there's a correction needed. The cars started getting built with the AP1 hardware in late 2014 (maybe that's what you had in mind?). There were a few new features, such as speed limit sign recognition, lane departure warning, and (maybe?) TACC, but the AP1 cars at first worked very similarly to pre-AP.

The first software release that enabled autosteering wasn't released to the fleet until October 2015 (October 15 I think, definitely no later than October 16). I actually remember kicking off the software update in the parking lot at work and using autosteer a little on the drive home.

Bruce.

You are correct. I re-read your post and you did specify "software rollout". My mind instantly thought of the hardware date. I have that October 2014 date in my mind becuase while I was looking for an S in 2015 and 16, I narrowed my search to cars made after September (used the VIN) to ensure I had the AP hardware.

I can still remember searching for cars with VINs above 52,000, even though from 52,000 to around 57,000, it was hit or miss as to whether they had the hardware or not. Never understood that. But, ended up buying 62,437. Still love it like the day I got it.

• Love
Reactions: bmah and KidsEyeDr
Checked my MVPA this morning and Tesla has added the $2,000 pre refresh order discount to it. It shows up in the "Order Adjustment" section. That was the last thing that I was worried about other than the condition of the car upon delivery. Delivery is setup for December 28th so they applied the discount three days before delivery. I don't know if that is something the main office does or the local service center. View attachment 748250
Congrats!!
I got VIN 12/13 no news on my delivery (same SC - (Blk/Crm/22/6s/FSD/7SAXCBE53NF3289XX).