Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be there within the hour, cash in hand if this were true! How can we confirm?
Maybe Factory Direct can find the car for you. Zoom.zoom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-215620_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-215620_Phone.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 141
After many months of waiting I finally gave up on my X Plaid order and went with an available '22 S Plaid white with white interior and 21"wheels... I stopped in the service center last Thursday and they had it all cleaned up on the show floor. I inspected the vehicle over and over and it was perfect in every way. I'd not seen a refreshed S plaid in person and it was simply the most beautifully sophisticated and aggressive looking car I have ever seen. Wasn't sure I'd like the White interior given available online photos but I absolutely love it in person. They had one of each White, Black, and Gray S plaid in-stock so I had them pull them all up front to review and found the White with black exterior and white interior was by far the favorite. Impossible to express in words the performance of this car and the feeling you get when you mash the pedal to the floor. No regrets. Because it was the end of the quarter, they transferred my $250 deposit on the X to the S. Maybe down the road an X will work out for me... Good luck to all of you who choose to keep waiting for your unicorn to arrive.
I have been thinking of doing the same thing since I really do like the S but I found getting in and out of my model 3 was too low and I really like the ease of getting out of my model Y hence my X order. But the S is a really nice car - congrats!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I’m thinking of getting a T ST/CT. How do you like the active lane keep, range, and electrify America network? It’s really my only hold-back at this point (maybe the ridiculous ADMs we’re seeing too).
Hi - so I actually never use active lane keep at all. I have it on my wife's Audi and honestly, its pretty terrible. I'm sure Tesla is much better - definitely would not get a Taycan for that.

Range is pretty awful. Granted I've been driving only in cold weather and I only drive in Sport Plus mode w/very aggressive acceleration / braking, and my actual range is 200. I would not get this car for range.

Electrify America is okay - I haven't done any road trips and only used it once, but there are convenient locations all around me in LA.

The operating system isn't as bad as I would have thought (given my last Porsche), it actually works pretty well but has bugs.

All that being said, honestly the car itself is amazing, it drives amazing and feels amazing. I've never had so many people stare at / compliment my car and I've only had it for a month (granted its green) - I would test drive one if you can find one. I can't recommend it enough - and the CT is much more practical than the sedan.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3186.jpeg
    IMG_3186.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hi - so I actually never use active lane keep at all. I have it on my wife's Audi and honestly, its pretty terrible. I'm sure Tesla is much better - definitely would not get a Taycan for that.

Range is pretty awful. Granted I've been driving only in cold weather and I only drive in Sport Plus mode w/very aggressive acceleration / braking, and my actual range is 200. I would not get this car for range.

Electrify America is okay - I haven't done any road trips and only used it once, but there are convenient locations all around me in LA.

The operating system isn't as bad as I would have thought (given my last Porsche), it actually works pretty well but has bugs.

All that being said, honestly the car itself is amazing, it drives amazing and feels amazing. I've never had so many people stare at / compliment my car and I've only had it for a month (granted its green) - I would test drive one if you can find one. I can't recommend it enough - and the CT is much more practical than the sedan.
98 percent of the reason I loved my X is the autopilot and big google maps screen, no fuel, no oil changes, most of my driving is highway.
I pulled the FSD off 2 weeks ago, because it didn't appear to be fully developed and there autopilot was enough. Teslas regular updates etc...not sure about Porsche.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
After many months of waiting I finally gave up on my X Plaid order and went with an available '22 S Plaid white with white interior and 21"wheels... I stopped in the service center last Thursday and they had it all cleaned up on the show floor. I inspected the vehicle over and over and it was perfect in every way. I'd not seen a refreshed S plaid in person and it was simply the most beautifully sophisticated and aggressive looking car I have ever seen. Wasn't sure I'd like the White interior given available online photos but I absolutely love it in person. They had one of each White, Black, and Gray S plaid in-stock so I had them pull them all up front to review and found the White with black exterior and white interior was by far the favorite. Impossible to express in words the performance of this car and the feeling you get when you mash the pedal to the floor. No regrets. Because it was the end of the quarter, they transferred my $250 deposit on the X to the S. Maybe down the road an X will work out for me... Good luck to all of you who choose to keep waiting for your unicorn to arrive.

I also configured Plaid S the other day. Just curious waiting for MX. I was extremely surprised when I found out delivery date in Dec 2021 (not 2022). They seems to have a lot in stock. Does Tesla have demand issue for MS Plaid?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and LL#2
I can just provide login details to my account and the registration details can be set to whoever.
I'm guessing...dont want a online battle...that this is incorrect. You can send a copy of your order details to whom ever, but I would seriously doubt Teslas going to let you give away or sell your reservation.
This was the case from November 2012 through January 2017 when reservations were $1000 and I waited for my first X.
You lose your reservation and it passes to the next matching reservation. Tesla doesn't want to deal with a mess. Plus people are...jokingly. .offering more for reservations. As a business owner it would be a ...worse..logistical nightmare.