Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested in purchasing as well. I emailed them and they are able to create a mat for trunk and frunk. Terms are little strict with no return policy. All sales are final. Anyone has experience with them? How well do they fit? I inquired from them how they get measurements for a car practically not yet out.

Update: They updated me measurements are taken from the manufacturer directly. I will be the Guinea pig. I ordered a set today. Let’s see mats or car will arrive first. I will update later if anyone is interested.

I'm guessing...dont want a online battle...that this is incorrect. You can send a copy of your order details to whom ever, but I would seriously doubt Teslas going to let you give away or sell your reservation.
This was the case from November 2012 through January 2017 when reservations were $1000 and I waited for my first X.
You lose your reservation and it passes to the next matching reservation. Tesla doesn't want to deal with a mess. Plus people are...jokingly. .offering more for reservations. As a business owner it would be a ...worse..logistical nightmare.
But if he’s a first time buyer, you can just change the name on your account and you’re good to go. So it’s doable.

Checkout RSymons Chanel in UK. They definitely have the LEDs to spell out TESLA!

That is a Model Y or 3 and these are also the only models that have the new LED Matrix lights.

My Model Y came from China and has these. I doubt the US made MX has them, even for EU deliveries. Then again, the EU still has a good 6+ months to go before deliveries so who knows.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: lsds and Niranga
That is a Model Y or 3 and these are also the only models that has the new LED Matrix lights.

My Model Y came from China and has these. I doubt the US made MX has them, even for EU deliveries. Then again, the EU still has a good 6+ months to go before deliveries so who knows.
So why are model Ys coming with matrix lights and not Xs? Are the X headlights the same as pre-refresh?

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
My car is so buggy!

Im having issues with one of my falcon doors and I have tried everything to fix it but nothing works.

Summon/smart-summon never goes forwards it only goes reverse.

When I do the Christmas light show every door opens except for the falcon doors😒, isn't that the coolest part of the show.
If you have a refresh someone said the show has been shortened and the FWD don't open..

Hope everyone is enjoying the remainder of their holidays!
When our MX’s do arrive, they come with the EU spec laser lights and will even project a Tesla logo like below. 6 months to start envying…..
53EFBC33-BDED-43B9-9156-A31FFE9D45B6.gif

Hi - so I actually never use active lane keep at all. I have it on my wife's Audi and honestly, its pretty terrible. I'm sure Tesla is much better - definitely would not get a Taycan for that.

Range is pretty awful. Granted I've been driving only in cold weather and I only drive in Sport Plus mode w/very aggressive acceleration / braking, and my actual range is 200. I would not get this car for range.

Electrify America is okay - I haven't done any road trips and only used it once, but there are convenient locations all around me in LA.

The operating system isn't as bad as I would have thought (given my last Porsche), it actually works pretty well but has bugs.

All that being said, honestly the car itself is amazing, it drives amazing and feels amazing. I've never had so many people stare at / compliment my car and I've only had it for a month (granted its green) - I would test drive one if you can find one. I can't recommend it enough - and the CT is much more practical than the sedan.
As an owner of a 2018 Model 3 Performance (radar equipped) and a Taycan Turbo (Premium, Performance & Technology Packages) i can tell you that with stop/go traffic the Taycan is significantly smoother than Autopilot. Also their ALK (steering on highway) works well enough for me to relax.

I ended up buying the Taycan Turbo after being jerked around on my Model S Plaid order all year. You have to speak with your dollars!

I have a similar config and order date, and I was thinking April was probably the most realistic, but given some people with March 2021 orders have been getting their VINs, I'm now thinking end of Q1\March 2022 is probably the latest it will come.
I’m assuming they will want to deliver mine when I’m on vacation in March for a week. Whatever is most inconvenient for me.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hi - so I actually never use active lane keep at all. I have it on my wife's Audi and honestly, its pretty terrible. I'm sure Tesla is much better - definitely would not get a Taycan for that.

Range is pretty awful. Granted I've been driving only in cold weather and I only drive in Sport Plus mode w/very aggressive acceleration / braking, and my actual range is 200. I would not get this car for range.

Electrify America is okay - I haven't done any road trips and only used it once, but there are convenient locations all around me in LA.

The operating system isn't as bad as I would have thought (given my last Porsche), it actually works pretty well but has bugs.

All that being said, honestly the car itself is amazing, it drives amazing and feels amazing. I've never had so many people stare at / compliment my car and I've only had it for a month (granted its green) - I would test drive one if you can find one. I can't recommend it enough - and the CT is much more practical than the sedan.
Thanks so much for the honest response. I did a 2 day rental with Porsche Drive on the base sedan and fell in love, with the exception of it being too slow in a straight line and tiny trunk (which is why I want a CT/ST and GTS trim). It also didn’t have lane keep or radar cruise which is a must in Bay Area rush hour.

Maybe I’ll pull the trigger if I can find one at MSRP and bag the Plaid X, but a somewhat competent adaptive cruise is a necessity for
me.

Beautiful Mamba Green CT btw!