Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X is finally here. The SC moved up the delivery day by one day so I picked it up yesterday. They seemed busy, not crazy busy, but it did take them about 30 minutes after I arrived to have the car ready. Immediately after sitting in the driver’s seat for the first time, I set my key card down on the center console and the card slid forward and disappeared into somewhere in the dash. So they took the car back into the shop and took the console apart and about 10 minutes later, I had the car again.

Initial Impressions:

The yoke was absolutely no problem. I grabbed air a few times when turning corners but soon was used to it. The blinkers are taking a little longer to get used to but shouldn’t take too long. Other than that, since it's my first Tesla, it's taking a little while to find where everything is hidden in the UI.

I looked it over pretty close but not using any sort of checklist and found only one thing physically wrong. The rubber above the driver’s side window was a little bit out of the channel where it should be.

Also, I got to use my wall connector for the first time since I installed it about 10 months ago. I’m glad to find out it works.View attachment 749397

Nice car I guess but can we talk about the architectural garage excellence here look at that floor/driveway and windows holy cow

Do you have Charlotte as your delivery center? My experience with them has been really poor for communication. They’ve texted me once in the past 8 months to acknowledge I exist and have ignored all of my follow up requests.

Whaaaat? Charlotte is the closest center to Raleigh? I almost moved back to NC (lived there during my Army days). Glad I didn’t if Raleigh is that far behind.
Luckily Raleigh has a SC and that’s where my pickup location is set. Yeah the experience has been less than ideal, but it seems no worse than any of the other stories I’m hearing here. When I got my 3 back in 2019, Tesla Corporate was actually very responsive to me which I appreciated. I took delivery of my 3 in Charlotte because of a logistics screw up however. I didn’t trust them to move it again to the right place so I drove out there to get it.

Latest update on communicating with Tesla to update MVPA with lienholder:
I called my local SC (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) and was able to speak with a human after only a 2 minute hold time. She updated all MVPA information and gave me the name of my SA though she couldn't provide me a phone number. I am supposed to receive a call from my SA now. But at least the call to the local SC resulted in updated MVPA for financing purposes. Not too painful! She also scheduled my delivery at the new Irvine location for 12/30/21 at 9AM. Hope to see some of you there!!

I didn't count you as a 2020 order, are you on our data base?
Time to jump into the fun if they aren't. (below)

Reactions: xkeith85 and TWENT2
After getting the VIN text I had to unfreeze my credit with all 3 bureaus. Barring password resets and account lockouts that process took about 20 minutes. Filling out online BofA loan application took about 5 minutes and approval took about 30 seconds. This was the easy part. Once loan is approved I had to call BofA loan center and immediately got a human who transferred me to BofA's 'Tesla Division'. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Once the loan officer took my call I provided her the price sheet and she confirmed the final finance and payment information. All in all I'd say it took 80 minutes including the lengthy hold time for the Tesla Division. Now the sticking point is I need Tesla to update the purchase agreement with BofA as the lienholder. Today my mission- Speak to a human at Tesla. Wish me luck!

How are people calling an SA? How did those of you with an SA find their contact info?
Very helpful. Thank you!

Just check my account and no movement but this is my first day out of the house from being quarantined. I'm thankful my finances is together for when they call and tell me my X is ready I'll be ready. But not going to stress over anymore.
Still here with my wait and see Fam. Have an awesome new year, be safe out there.

No one here has accused me of being an optimist, but here’s one way to look at it: every month that goes by is another month I save on my MX payment! I bought my last MX when prices were insanely high (after which, Tesla dramatically dropped them. I think I heard them snickering all the way to the bank, joking about the dumba$$ who agreed to pay them a few year’s worth of college tuition. Sorry @TWENT2, I had to taint this ray of optimism with a little sarcasm). In any case, I digress. Since I sold my MX a year ago, I have saved a ton of money.

Thought that was gonna make me feel better. It didn’t 😔
That is true. Optimist you are not.... but I think that after this year - we all get a pass for not being optimistic.
HOWEVER - the Oracle was pretty optimistic and he's sitting pretty in his MX.

All of this to say... I'm no longer holding hope that I'll get mine delivered before the end of the year (you know, seeing as I don't have a VIN) 😂