Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed my 1up bike rack that i bought 1 year ago in anticipation of the X arrival. It is a 2" heavy duty version with 2 extra addons that can hold total of 4 bikes. Looks nice and sharp.
20211230_113448.jpg

Installed my 1up bike rack that i bought 1 year ago in anticipation of the X arrival. It is a 2" heavy duty version with 2 extra addons that can hold total of 4 bikes. Looks nice and sharp.
View attachment 750064
Loving the black wheels!

Also, I ordered the same color. Yours is the first example I have seen. Looks great! What color interior? I ordered biege.

That’s cool but there’s a number of substantive drawbacks I’ve read about. One would be driver profiles. We switch between driver profiles all the time.
I thought the profiles could be linked to the key/phone. This is a big deal for me since I am 6'5" and my wife is 5'3". This is going to be my first Tesla, but I read that somewhere. It works that way in our current non-Tesla cars.

Reactions: T3slafan2500
I thought the profiles could be linked to the key/phone. This is a big deal for me since I am 6'5" and my wife is 5'3". This is going to be my first Tesla, but I read that somewhere. It works that way in our current non-Tesla cars.
Seems like that would work with only one phone was in the car. But if both phones are in the car, how does it know what settings to use? First phone detected?

View attachment 750064
Are you using the stock hitch? I have the Kuat NV 2.0 4-bike rack, and am afraid the stock hitch with its 120lb vertical weight limit will not be able to accommodate. The 1-up looks pretty great btw!

Reactions: TrevTremaine
View attachment 750064
OK, I've got questions - how does this work given the weight restraints Tesla applies to this type of rack? I was surprised to read that it's limited to 120 pounds of weight (including the rack). I gather you're just ignoring the limits? I' not trying to start something, but I was hoping to carry up to 4 bikes myself and found the issue in the Model X manual.

I'll look it up. I think it links to the first one detected, but I also remember you can now set a priority as to which phone it links to. This would work for us since I drive 99% of the time we are together.

My wife also very rarely drives, so we left her fob unlinked and she can select her name from the drop down and it will then change the seats, mirrors, wheel, and other settings in the car (steering comfort, insane vs. normal, etc.). Since she's smaller than you, she shouldn't buckle until the seat position is changed. If the driver buckles, the moving seat will stretch the buckle straps as it slides into place.

Reactions: Zygote1975
I'll look it up. I think it links to the first one detected, but I also remember you can now set a priority as to which phone it links to. This would work for us since I drive 99% of the time we are together.
I just found another thread in TMC about this issue. The priority setting only links your phone for audio and such, but not your profile. The only way around this I can see is to link my phone to the car and not my wife's phone.

I just found another thread in TMC about this issue. The priority setting only links your phone for audio and such, but not your profile. The only way around this I can see is to link my phone to the car and not my wife's phone.
It uses the first phone detected for the driver profile, but you can then manually select the right profile from the screen. They've moved the profile "button" from the main screen in the latest software, so where it was one touch to open the list then select the profile before it's now two touches.

Reactions: Zygote1975