Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 Model X LR White FSD to San Diego
03/01/21 ordered 5-seater
10/12/21 changed order to 6-seater
12/08/21 estimated delivery Feb 2022 on ap
12/26/21 advisor calls ready to deliver
12/27/21 got VIN
12/30/21 delivery scheduled
... to be continued
... continued
12/30/21 delivery done of 2022 Model X LR White FSD to San Diego at Carlsbad Tesla Service Center, they said it was the 3rd 2022 Model X delivered to San Diego, they had deliveries there today, models unknown, only 1 other model x seen in the waiting area.

... continued
12/30/21 delivery done of 2022 Model X LR White FSD to San Diego at Carlsbad Tesla Service Center, they said it was the 3rd 2022 Model X delivered to San Diego, they had deliveries there today, models unknown, only 1 other model x seen in the waiting area.
... they 24 deliveries posted there for today, models unknown, only 1 other model x seen in the waiting area, a mix of model years and types in waiting area

I just found another thread in TMC about this issue. The priority setting only links your phone for audio and such, but not your profile. The only way around this I can see is to link my phone to the car and not my wife's phone.

A phone key and a profile are 2 separate things. Linking a phone to the car is different than a profile. Profiles CAN be linked to a phone, although they don't have to be.

So you can have your phone and your wife's phone both linked to the car as keys.
You can also have your profile and your wife's profile configured in the car.

At that point, you will have to manually select which profile you want and both phone keys will work to drive the car.

You can then link your profile to your phone and maybe not link your wife's profile to her phone. In this configuration your profile will automatically be activated when you drive. When your wife drives, she'll need to manually select her profile.

A phone key and a profile are 2 separate things. Linking a phone to the car is different than a profile. Profiles CAN be linked to a phone, although they don't have to be.

So you can have your phone and your wife's phone both linked to the car as keys.
You can also have your profile and your wife's profile configured in the car.

At that point, you will have to manually select which profile you want and both phone keys will work to drive the car.

You can then link your profile to your phone and maybe not link your wife's profile to her phone. In this configuration your profile will automatically be activated when you drive. When your wife drives, she'll need to manually select her profile.
Perfect! Best explanation I have seen. Thank you!

I think I read a while back about January being a month during which Tesla will prioritize orders outside of the United States. Is this true? Does anyone know if there is reason to believe this? Could this be why they picked February as a generic placeholder as opposed to January?
Are they delivering S\X refresh outside of the US yet? Maybe they will start, but i'm guessing they won't until they get less of a backlog in the US.

I think I read a while back about January being a month during which Tesla will prioritize orders outside of the United States. Is this true? Does anyone know if there is reason to believe this? Could this be why they picked February as a generic placeholder as opposed to January?
The beginning of the quarter is where Tesla ships more cars farther away from the factory. So for Fremont that means the east coast usually gets a good amount of the cars for the first half of so if the quarter. Then as the end of the quarter they shift to close locations.

Can you pls confirm the source of this information? It is true then Tesla is the most self-serving deceitful co I have ever encountered.

There isn’t any proof anyone has provided. Pretty sure some of our 2020 folks waiting for 5/7 seaters would have received a VIN by now.

Smells like B.S. There isn't a single real picture of a 5 seater on the internet. The very first picture of a 7 seater on surfaced yesterday.

If they're making 5/7 seaters they only just started.

Tesla is way too good at keeping secrets.

So question. I just got my model x back from the shop for xpel tint, entire car Xpel ultimate PPF and ceramic coating!! Will post pics in the morning since it’s dark!! How do you control the spoiler? If you want it to go down?
The Spoiler is fixed, MX had a AR spoiler that moved but it's won't move now..