Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who’s gotten their X, how long did it take to schedule your appointment after you received a vin? I’m in SoCal btw. Do you get a text or email when you’re able to schedule it?
Not sure if anyone replied but I got my vin for same location 12/15, and they still didn’t deliver to me…they can’t figure out why it hasn’t been shipped down to OC yet. Been in “staging”

Happy New Year!!
Year passed by but, no delivery of my MX... Now Tesla is well above of their EST deliveries for Q4, they don't care until next quarter.
(Tesla's best business plan speared deliveries by quarter to meet their estimated deliveries not customers interest - IMO)
desperately needed my MX by EOY for my TAX write-off.

I was excited when I got my VIN - 1st time 11/30 - revoked 12/2
Excited again when I got my VIN - 2nd time 12/13 -EDD : 12/27 or EOY., never happened 😥 whenever I called them they say it is ready to ship.

Happy New Year!!
Year passed by but, no delivery of my MX... Now Tesla is well above of their EST deliveries for Q4, they don't care until next quarter.
(Tesla's best business plan speared deliveries by quarter to meet their estimated deliveries not customers interest - IMO)
desperately needed my MX by EOY for my TAX write-off.

I was excited when I got my VIN - 1st time 11/30 - revoked 12/2
Excited again when I got my VIN - 2nd time 12/13 -EDD : 12/27 or EOY., never happened 😥 whenever I called them they say it is ready to ship.
That has got to be so frustrating!!!! Worse than not getting a Vin at all.

Here are the S/X numbers for this year from Telsa press releases

Q1 - 0
Q2 - 2340
Q3 - 8941
Q4 - 13109

We also know that at current production rates, MS has delivered more Plaids than needed and is delivering roughly 6 month old orders now
On the X side, there are still orders from 12 months ago that are not filled yet. I have not seen anything reliable about the size of the S/X backlog.

It seems that the X backlog should reduce in the coming quarter as production continues to ramp but if the S ramp is any guide it may take two quarters to make a significant change.. The line has been averaging over 1000 S/X per week which is huge progress, I wonder if they will make it to 1500 a week for 2022 Q1.
It would be very helpful if they'd separate the S from the X deliveries. I'd suspect they combine them so that investors can't see the real truth on how they've missed the mark with X deliveries.