Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s a good question though. Meaning, how long are each of us willing to wait? Feb, April, October, god forbid 2023? After a year of waiting for some of us, there has to be some line in the sand. I wonder what each of ours is?
I know my optimism might be a bit out of place, but watching all of those parked cars on the track still gives me hope. Our ship will come in. Literally. And our airbags.

Just hate to quit and make it all for nothing. "It is darkest before the dawn..."

Reactions: lexus26
Congrats!!!

A reminder to all of the VINners to please fill out our tracking sheet to help us try to figure out Tesla's logic (I know, I know... impossible).

Done.

• Love
Reactions: Stro
Took delivery on the 31st.

Had a screw in the face of 1 tire then after they changed it and i drove home noticed a chip out of the rim.

Have an appointment to try and get the FWDs alignment fixed.

No real major problems except for a distortion in the windshield that is in my line of sight for my left eye when looking about 200 yards out. After about 5-10 minutes start feeling a little nausea/dizziness like wearing the wrong prescription glasses on one eye. Tried changing seating position but can't find one that is comfortable that gets it out of my line of sight.

Absolutely love the car and worth every minute of time it took to get it.

Side note: car was supposed to be delivered to the house. Got a call on 12/29 to finish financing and figure out a way to come get the car before the 1st or lose another VIN. They could not find a transport for it to be delivered in time.

Attachments

• 20211231_123335.jpg
    20211231_123335.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220103_161410.jpg
    20220103_161410.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220103_161528.jpg
    20220103_161528.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220103_161536.jpg
    20220103_161536.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 82
Took delivery on the 31st.

Had a screw in the face of 1 tire then after they changed it and i drove home noticed a chip out of the rim.

Have an appointment to try and get the FWDs alignment fixed.

No real major problems except for a distortion in the windshield that is in my line of sight for my left eye when looking about 200 yards out. After about 5-10 minutes start feeling a little nausea/dizziness like wearing the wrong prescription glasses on one eye. Tried changing seating position but can't find one that is comfortable that gets it out of my line of sight.

Absolutely love the car and worth every minute of time it took to get it.

Side note: car was supposed to be delivered to the house. Got a call on 12/29 to finish financing and figure out a way to come get the car before the 1st or lose another VIN. They could not find a transport for it to be delivered in time.
Wow, good catch on the nail in the tire. Did you find that or did they? If that hadn’t been found, no way they would have ever believed you after the fact.

Wow, good catch on the nail in the tire. Did you find that or did they? If that hadn’t been found, no way they would have ever believed you after the fact.
I found it. Had a 340 mile drive ahead of me. Would not have wanted to find it a couple of hours later. However I don't get all of the credit, a couple I was talking to right before my appointment time told me that someone else had just taken delivery of a MY that had a nail in the tire.

I found it. Had a 340 mile drive ahead of me. Would not have wanted to find it a couple of hours later. However I don't get all of the credit, a couple I was talking to right before my appointment time told me that someone else had just taken delivery of a MY that had a nail in the tire.
Really sad that the employees at Tesla delivery centers are clearly not doing thier jobs & or unqualified untrained rookies . Does Management not realize how poorly it reflects on thier reputation & branding? Unfortunate ......We here @ TMC are mostly long time loyal Tesla supporters.....

Last edited:
Really sad that the employees at Tesla delivery centers are clearly not doing thier jobs & or unqualified . Does Mangment not realize how poorly it reflects on thier reputation & branding? Unfortunate ......We here @ TMC are mostly long time loyal Tesla supporters.....
They're selling more cars than they can make, so terribad customer service/experience really isn't impacting them in the slightest.

My mid-July plaid 6 seat order switched to TBD for the first time ever this morning. Was previously February. Not holding my breath.
Same! Late-July Plaid 6-seat order here. EDD had shown February since early December. Received my VIN on 31 December, and EDD still showed February. As of this morning, I've been moved to TBD. Hoping that's a good thing.

Now TBD.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Miyakudude
I was going to get coffee this AM and noticed there were a lot more cars at the Tesla staging area in Dublin. To my amazement, there were several Xs!!! I counted 3, but did not drive down to see if there were more. All were white.

So some people are going to get a nice New Year's present in the next few days.

Didn't watch it, but screenshot looks borderline illegal....
Yeah, I don't get why he put the young girls on the poster frame. That's borderline creepy. Regardless, I decided to watch it, and the clip is riddled with incorrect information. Compared to those of us in this waiting room who pour over every detail of the cars we've ordered, this guy struck me as someone who had no clue what he was buying when he ordered his Model X Plaid.

For example, he said "...looking back on this now, I have no idea why I got the 6-seater option as I have no kids and no family." <-- which is why he sold it?! He called the wheels 22" Arachnids (several times); said he was amazed at the power and speed of an "eight thousand pound car" 😵‍💫, and said the "...Falcon Wing Doors weren't supposed to be on the refreshed Model X." Not very well informed, but it was nice to see shots of a refreshed Model X regardless of the inaccurate talk track. 👍🏼

Also noteworthy his Plaid (if it is indeed a Plaid) has a cream and wood interior (he referred to it as the "Cognac interior"). I know wood trim was an option on early orders, but I thought they moved all Plaids to carbon fiber accents. 🤷🏻‍♂️