Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone repeat after me... 😂

And also EDD means nothing. A change to TBD or January means nothing. It's a placeholder. They're both placeholders.​

I don't know who needs to see this, but I posted this December 3rd (you know, 250 pages ago!!!!) I think it's time to bring it back.

EDD means nothing. A Change to TBD or February/March/April/May means nothing. It's a placeholder. They're both placeholders.​

That is all.

I don't know who needs to see this, but I posted this December 3rd (you know, 250 pages ago!!!!) I think it's time to bring it back.

EDD means nothing. A Change to TBD or February/March/April/May means nothing. It's a placeholder. They're both placeholders.​

That is all.
Good reminder. Until they send you a "pick it up on xxx" message you don't really know when your car is coming.

Just a word of caution about using the app to make the final payment for your car. Per the suggestions of everyone on here, I am using DCU to finance $100K of the car and paying the difference in cash. I didn't know I needed to tell Tesla this and my car was just set up for cash payment. I figured I'd be able to click on "pay" in the app and select the amount I wanted to pay and have DCU send the check for the $100K. After linking the app to my bank account, I clicked on "pay" and the app just immediately paid the ENTIRE amount without asking me to enter an amount I wanted to pay or asking me to confirm payment. One-click and $155K was immediately submitted to be withdrawn from my savings account. I quickly called Tesla and they were able to reverse the transfer before it could be processed and they set it up for partial payment from DCU with the rest being paid by me.

So the simple moral to this story is if you are financing the car NOT thru Tesla, make sure your account is set up properly BEFORE clicking on the "pay" button or you will get a big surprise.

Thats not a plaid, there is no black piping or carbon fiber trim.
1641321712539.png

1641321730637.png

Looks plaid to me

I updated my entry in the sheet, the order date was somehow 2020 but should have been 2021.
I suspect my original formatting of the year.. so could be quite a few records that could be 21 instead of 20... (or I just put in the wrong year originally).

Just a word of caution about using the app to make the final payment for your car. Per the suggestions of everyone on here, I am using DCU to finance $100K of the car and paying the difference in cash. I didn't know I needed to tell Tesla this and my car was just set up for cash payment. I figured I'd be able to click on "pay" in the app and select the amount I wanted to pay and have DCU send the check for the $100K. After linking the app to my bank account, I clicked on "pay" and the app just immediately paid the ENTIRE amount without asking me to enter an amount I wanted to pay or asking me to confirm payment. One-click and $155K was immediately submitted to be withdrawn from my savings account. I quickly called Tesla and they were able to reverse the transfer before it could be processed and they set it up for partial payment from DCU with the rest being paid by me.

So the simple moral to this story is if you are financing the car NOT thru Tesla, make sure your account is set up properly BEFORE clicking on the "pay" button or you will get a big surprise.
We experienced this issue a couple weeks back on our new Model S. The issue happens even if you are financing through Tesla. I was trying to click on the Detail link to see if the $2k discount had been applied and accidentally clicked Pay. It immediately submitted the payment and marked it as paid, without asking me to confirm payment information. It just went ahead and used the bank account on record from our last purchase. We tried contacting several people at Tesla but they all said they couldn't do anything. While the bank account on record didn't have the $54k in it, the bank went ahead and sent the money to Tesla and the account had a large negative balance the next day. The following afternoon, we were able to move money over to cover it and fortunately didn't have any insufficient fund fees. Tesla definitely needs to add a payment confirmation to the Pay button and allow the user to cancel out or change account information.