Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - Been reading up since page 100 or so. No vin yet.

Ordered: 3/21
White/white
6 seater (orignal)
LR
20”
Socal (LA)

Edd went from Feb to tbd a couple weeks ago back to Feb.

Call the number and got somebody on the phone a few minutes ago. They looked up my file and they said April. My Edd still shows Feb. he said “my system is pretty accurate” haha. Asked what’s the hold up, “production”. Nice guy though. Just not the answer I’m looking for.

Hi - Been reading up since page 100 or so. No vin yet.

Ordered: 3/21
White/white
6 seater (orignal)
LR
20”
Socal (LA)

Edd went from Feb to tbd a couple weeks ago back to Feb.

Call the number and got somebody on the phone a few minutes ago. They looked up my file and they said April. My Edd still shows Feb. he said “my system is pretty accurate” haha. Asked what’s the hold up, “production”. Nice guy though. Just not the answer I’m looking for.
I might as well try to call for funsies finally. What’s the number and option we are supposed to pick again? Do we put in a Fremont zip or something like that?

I will be picking up from the Plano location too. Glad to hear they delivered a couple, that's encouraging. Hopefully you get a nice birthday present!

My order: LR/blue/cream/5 seater/ 3/21/21. Of course 5 seats is at the back of the line.
I ordered my car the exact day you did
3/21/21 LR/black/ white interior/6 seater
i've been following this thread since page 70 i think and i finally decided to sign up. I just got my VIN as of this morning.

Build:
LR
6 Seater
Black and Black Interior
20 inch
NO FSD

Located in SF Bay Area

Timeline
Ordered July 21
RN1151632XX
First Expected Delivery > January
Delivery Date went away in SEPT
Delivery Date updated again for February
Yesterday Delivery Date went away
Today i have a VIN assigned
7SAXCBE5XNF330XXX
congratulations on being a Vinner
Wish I lived in Cali rn

I might actually cry this time if it gets changed. The first 3x it’s changed I kinda sucked it up but I’m at my breaking point and really in need of a car ……. 😢
Same honestly lol. But I’m joking through the pain 😂. I mean IF the date doesn’t change by the 15th that’s good faith the February date will hold maybe atleast

Just saying this because I feel it needs to be said.

Yes, Tesla communication is terrible. The ordering/reservation process is flawed. Delivery order is unfair. The cars are frequently delivered with a plethora of issues.

However....

No other SUV on the market matches the Model X. The exterior and interior are gorgeous. The infotainment technology is unmatched. No other brand can match Tesla's autopilot technology. The fastest production 0-60 in it's class.

I am not giving them a pass for running their company inadequately - they should certainly continue to be given a hard time. But the product is so good there really are not any other comparable options.
You are so correct!!! I’ve been so pissed in the past months that I’ve looked countless times into any viable alternatives to replace the X Plaid.
Simply said - nothing out there that can even come close. So I just shut up and wait.

HI all,
New member here and wondering if this experience sounds familiar? I have a Model X Long Range on order with an EDD of May. On 12/13 Tesla texted me saying they expected to VIN my account before year's end, which was a big surprise. They asked me to complete my financing paperwork which I did same day. Then...radio silence. I called my SA last week and he said it still shows May, with no explanation.

17BC658C-CCFC-49E6-B1A9-72064604F0A1.jpeg

Still no VIN, quick question, Delivery Date still says "February". I still see a continue button for the payment method however was thinking only to use once I get the VIN, is that correct?

View attachment 752308

I don't think anyone answered this? That "Continue" is just to confirm your payment method. Once you click that you can't change back to financing as far as i know (without calling Tesla and having them change it). I think there is a separate process once your VIN is selected to actually send the money.

Reactions: adic
I've had my Plaid for over a week now. I love it. I sold my Cayenne to Carmax and I'm done with ICE.

Dropping off my car to RPM Tesla tonight for 3m crystalline tint. Doing the whole thing - 40% on the smoked windows, 20% front, 70% windshield. This car has been fantastic to drive around in plaid mode. I haven't tried sport or chill yet and neither has my wife (who drives the car a lot more than me.)
I’m also getting the chrome emblems changed to black and getting the headlights smoked.

No. I have model X Tesla on lease. They will get this one back when my new own comes.
Correct trade in would be a debit on their books and they would should less profit.
They seemed to have prioritized cash buyers with no trade ins at year end. Also someone mentioned they should prioritize trade ins, but they aren't in that business, profit margin doesn't improve...they pay more the cars they can sell higher.

Not all specific to you House72.

Reactions: UCF3