Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great information Abel.

By now, customers of Tesla should be well aware of the Tesla policy and stop the incessent complaining. Once Tesla gets your order they will go radio silent until they have a need to contact you for delivery. They have no desire to give constant updates, as they know that circumstances often change during production and those updates are often in-accurate.
The program is for you to place your order, then go away and concentrate on other things. Do not obsess over when your car will come, as that is not productive for anyone. Get your affairs in order so that when the call comes, you will be able to consumate your deal.
Pricing is fluid, options are fluid, availability is fluid, configurations are fluid...everything is subject to changes, including expected delivery dates.
This is the Tesla way...get over it.

In many ways it is similar to having a child. The expectation is that in 9 Months you will see a happy, healthy baby to raise as you wish. Of course along the way, many things can happen. Gotta roll with the punches. But constantly asking "Is it here yet" will not change the reality that the baby will come when the baby comes.
I see your point. I think the frustration I have is lying about the car being in production and then why give estimated delivery dates? If you don’t know or things are out of your hands why keep putting months down? I ordered pre refresh and have had dates for the past year and they haven’t even STARTED making my car. What’s your thought on that?

No sadly I can’t see exact specs, only Model, year, color, and vin, from the very small amount that my drivers have had it’s all been 6 seaters, but I’ve seen that there have been 5 or 7 seaters delivered because all companies document the cars with inspection pictures and sometimes share them to group chats and one of my buddies companies got an x that the second row of seats had all 3 seats , can’t tell exactly which one it is since the delivery drivers don’t really check the interior of the cars out in detail and a 7 seater with the 3rd row seats down looks the same as a 5 seater, but yes 5 or 7 have been delivered to some people, very small amount but there have been some
Appreciate the info. We would love it if you could give us a quick weekly update on what you see as far as shipments. Thanks

I see your point. I think the frustration I have is lying about the car being in production and then why give estimated delivery dates? If you don’t know or things are out of your hands why keep putting months down? I ordered pre refresh and have had dates for the past year and they haven’t even STARTED making my car. What’s your thought on that?
At the same time, people are complaining about seeing TBD as the Estimated Delivery date.

These days I don't think anyone knows exactly when they are going to have the parts to complete or even start a product. It is all part of Just In Time manufacturing.

As an illustration, my Ford F-150 Lighting has been pushed back a year or two (2 weeks ago). No wait, we are going to build your truck next year (this week) . No wait, you ordered on Day 6 not Day 5 so you are back 2 years (yesterday). Do you want to upgrade to the Platinum level? Price only changes from 55K to 95K.

Reactions: LL#2
The Model 3 reservation Queue was for a completely new car from the ground up. In 2020 I had an order for a five seat Model X, White with black interior, five seats and 20 inch wheels. In January 2021 that orider was canceled by Tesla and for an extra $8000 I got to have an order for the refresh Model X with a priority delivery date of April. That’s it, end of story. As a customer I agreed to the terms, I agreed to the conditions, I agreeed to the price increase and they failed to deliver the car.

Then they failed to communicate with me for months. The only information I have regarding the Model X is the information shared on this board. Your suggestion that “there is nothing that can be done about it as this is the way the company works.” is ridiculous. Stand up for yourself, call and complain, post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

On Twitter I had a Tesla fan boy accuse me I’m spreading FUD when I told my experience thus far with the Model X ordering / delivery process . People aren’t aware of how bad things are for Model X order holders. People don’t believe we’ve been waiting as long as we have. We need to be more vocal outside of TMC.

The idea of buying a used Model X is absurd when those prices are way over the $87.999 I‘ll be paying. Having to cough up the extra $8k was a stretch as it is. Buying a 2018 for over $100k makes no sense to me.
Your grievance is fair IMHO, and its absolutely OK for you to give a piece of your mind to Tesla. As an owner/investor I want Tesla to be on their toes and keep improving. Even 1 customer who is upset (for any valid reasons) is one too many.

I hope you will also consider the other factors in your choice, safety being the primary one, before you make a selection. Sometimes we get biased on short term pain/dissatisfaction and make choices which are subpar in the long term. But again, this is something Tesla needs to improve, and I am confident things can improve, they are still very much a small(er) company learning a lot.

Reactions: LL#2 and IAMCCF
View attachment 752708
Tbh after day almost 400 of losing Brain cells waiting for an x I’m starting to think that my 2017 orders on these are going to arrive before the X since aperently they will begin production this year and will probably somehow have higher quantity numbers than the Xs😭🤣
We should have ordered one of these instead, it's our fault, not Teslas. ;)
For all those people concerned about the weight of their bikes on the MX tow hitch... I bet one of these can haul some heavier bikes! Maybe...

I'm glad you and hundreds of thousands have had a happy and positive experience. You're cool with your Model X journey especially since your wait is over.

But please don't negate my experience nor the difficulties other on this thread have faced. I have been very fortunate to have a car to use until my X arrives. As you and I have read... others are not so luckly and have had a miserable experience, they have lost a lot of money because of this fiasco. Some of us needed our cars to be delivered as promised in March/April and that should matter.

"unhappy ones who take the time to complain. The others have moved on." Yeah, when you’re screwed over by lies and deceptions you complain. When you have no problems it's easy to "Move On", there is no equivalency here.

I am happy with my Tesla Solar Panels and my Powerwalls especially with a snow storm heading my way. The install team was awesome.... But trying to talk with Tesla now, it's as bad as calling about my car. My major complaint is less with the SA's or general staffers but with their leaders, the Management team. Things that are wrong can continue to be wrong if no one speaks up,

Thanks for sharing your experience and viewpoint.
Like my Solar Panels and Powerwalls I love the hardware and the install team but Tesla as a company sucked at the planning, the scheduling and now with support. But I still love my Solar Panels and Powerwalls.

I hope my MX will be perfect at delivering and I will love it as I do my Solar Panels and Powerwalls.. Time will tell... But I will not be forgetting what I've been thought in this experience.

Again.. thanks for the feedback!
Well said. When many people share similar feelings, it doesn’t seem fair to dismiss them.

Update:
So I took delivery on Dec 27th at 5:30 pm. It was getting dark and the SA that was helping us knew nothing about the Model X. We had the check list from here and ran through it. I saw one panel that raised up (driver side, behind and next to FWD) and there was a scratch in the paint all the way to the metal. The SA told me to take a picture of anything I needed them to look at before I hit 100 miles and to submit a service ticket in the app. The next day I was looking at the car in the daylight and I noticed a small dent on the driver door just below the window trim. There were no scratches just a small dent that you had to look at an angle to even see it. I had no way of taking a picture of it as it looked normal in the picture. I signed up for the FSD beta and after a few days I was able to download the update and start using it. Within 1 day I already had 1 strike against me lol. stupid steering wheel nag! I had my hand on the wheel but didn't move it enough. I can honestly say I am not super impressed with it so far. The auto pilot for highway is awesome. The FSD on local roads is scary. I may cancel the FSD on my Plaid order. Tuesday, I went to a local shop to get an estimate for PPF. He was looking at the car and noticed the dent and the trim. He had me open the FWD and close it and the glass was actually hitting the trim and it was what caused the scratch. I took the car to the service center Tuesday night, and they were going to give me an enterprise rental car to use but ended up having a 2015 Model S that the let me use. Today, at 5:30 I received a message on the Tesla app that my car was done. They realigned the door, and they said the left rear fixed glass requires replacement. it was ordered. I don't see in the app that the door dent was fixed but will check when I pick up my car tomorrow. I assume I will have to bring it back when the glass comes in although the mobile service may be able to do it.

With all this being said, I still love the car it is amazing. I still have an outstanding order for a Model X Plaid that currently has a May delivery date. I am not sure what we are going to do yet. If my wife wants the LR she can keep it and I will get the Plaid. If she doesn't, I may trade it in for the plaid or sell it outright. I keep lurking here and Stro I think I'm going to be more excited when you get your Vin than I was when I got mine.