Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what I’m seeing. For some reason I can’t attach a photo but on the Tesla website it says plaid only in 6 seat. I wonder what they will do for all the plaid 5/7 orders.
Yep. 6-seat only now (for Plaid). I'll bet this has everything to do with component supply for the 5 and 7 seat configs. Weird!
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.04.01 PM.png

Reactions: Stro
Yep. 6-seat only now (for Plaid). I'll bet this has everything to do with component supply for the 5 and 7 seat configs. Weird!View attachment 752905
While you might be right re: supply constraints, I suspect it has much more to do with reducing production complexity/maximizing profits. There may simply not be enough 5/7 seat plaid orders to justify making them. It’s probably easier to just reach out to people like me and change the orders (new price tbd). Now the base plaid order is higher priced (but still cheaper than MS plaid, which is weird.)

Found Refresh X at Ft. Lauderdale store waiting to be prepared for delivery.

Missing tow hitch cover, bad fwd alignment and bad gaps.

View attachment 752733View attachment 752734View attachment 752735View attachment 752732
Wow. One thing to spot an imperfection up close, or with a magnifying glass, but the average joe could spot that from 30+ feet away. Almost looks like the FWD has been repainted. That's my fear and that's the type of vehicle I would walk away from. I don't think any amount of surgery could correct that. I used to appraise cars for a living and one would be highly suspicious of prior accident damage the way it looks.