Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've never gotten a response from my assigned SA. I always email [email protected] and cc my SA and ordersupport responds to me
And has that accomplished anything? I don't understand the constant badgering people do contacting Tesla (or are they merely exaggerating how impatient they are?). Yes; it's an expensive purchase, I know, I ordered Nov 20, 2020. It will be when it is. I ordered a five seater, and who know when I will receive it. Oh well.....Que Sera, Sera. My Buick is doing excellent until I get my X.

For anyone thinking they’ll use the Tesla bike rack for e-bikes think again. We ordered electric mountain bikes last spring just after ordering our MX with the expectation the car would come first. Proceeded to order the bike rack while it was in stock. Bikes are in, car isn’t. Installed the rack on our truck, purchased a tube top and went to pick up the first bike. Discovered the Tesla rack will not accommodate the new bikes. Our fault, should have done more research. Ended up purchasing a tray style rack certified for e-bikes. Not sure how its going to fit on the MX, it will interfere with cameras and such. A guy came by with an MY to pick up his e-bike and he had to have a different rack as well. Said he just deals with the camera issues. Anyone else out there use an aftermarket rack with a Tesla?
1up super duty. Best bike rack will work great with a model X - keep in mind the vertical Weight limits. Two e bikes max with the tesla factory hitch and a relatively lightweight bike rack.

Also remove the batteries from the ebikes if possible while they are being hauled and put them inside the vehicle with you.

And has that accomplished anything? I don't understand the constant badgering people do contacting Tesla (or are they merely exaggerating how impatient they are?). Yes; it's an expensive purchase, I know, I ordered Nov 20, 2020. It will be when it is. I ordered a five seater, and who know when I will receive it. Oh well.....Que Sera, Sera. My Buick is doing excellent until I get my X.
well yes, it has. I've needed to change my delivery location, questions on options, changing my payment method, asking about the 5 seater option removal and what happens to my order.

But thanks for asking

I ordered a 5 seat Long Range MX on 11/30/2020. My current delivery date is February, but I'm in the Southeast US, so I'm guessing late spring. The thing is, in the 405 days since I ordered, I have moved to a new state, gotten divorced, and am no longer sure that a MX is the right Tesla for me. I got changed to the refresh with the $2000 discount. What I'm wondering is if it makes sense to take delivery of the MX whenever it comes and resell it. I live in Florida and I'm not sure what the tax situation is on selling cars. I assume that I will still take delivery in Atlanta and would want to sell it there so as to not put miles on it driving it to Florida. Does anyone have any insight? Unless I was able to make a decent amount of money, I don't think it would be worth the trouble.
My recommendation is the same as others....keep it.

By the time it comes in you could move back to near ATL, get remarried, have 3 kids and make money on the MX.

I have an MX LR 5 seater order from November '21. I texted my advisor this morning:
Hello. My Model X order shows an estimated delivery of March. Is that still accurate? Making sure I handle my other lease trade in at the right time.
And they responded within the hour:
That's the best and only ETA we have. It's still possible that it changes.

From reading the past dozen-or-so pages of the thread, I would say their answer feels most likely correct (i.e., they don't have additional, secret info they're holding onto). Some SA's are probably just hedging a bit.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
VIN 12/13/2021, no news on Delivery. Is Transit to EST takes a month, really :rolleyes:
OD: 2/13/2021
Congrats fellow Marylander. Can you update the sheet?

Reactions: studioloft and Stro
First Commandment of the Model X waiting room:

THOU SHALT NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING AN SA TELLS YOU BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW “SUGAR”
Now go say 10 Hail Elons and dont let this happen again. You are forgiven
How did I miss this?!? Hail Elons. I needed that. 🤣🤣🤣 the brain cells in this group are so good.

This is gold. This is what keeps me going through the desert of X despair. “Faith restored,” to quote our deity.

(ok don’t let it go to your head Elon… we’re joking. Seriously get us our *sugar*-ing Model X’s, 😟. But yeah you are inspiring 🤓. k thx bie.)

I have an MX LR 5 seater order from November '21. I texted my advisor this morning:

And they responded within the hour:

From reading the past dozen-or-so pages of the thread, I would say their answer feels most likely correct (i.e., they don't have additional, secret info they're holding onto). Some SA's are probably just hedging a bit.
So you ordered 2 months ago and your account is showing a March 22 delivery? Just want to make sure I understand that your order specs are showing a 5 month wait as opposed to many on the thread that have been waiting for over a year already. I'm only looking for a clarification...

Thanks

So you ordered 2 months ago and your account is showing a March 22 delivery? Just want to make sure I understand that your order specs are showing a 5 month wait as opposed to many on the thread that have been waiting for over a year already. I'm only looking for a clarification...

Thanks
Correct.

Based only on my observation, it seems they have been delivering a batch of 6-seater LR (and I guess some Plaid) orders, and the next batch in line is potentially the 5-seater cohort. I assume that earlier 5 orders will go ahead of me, and depending on supply chain and other logistical variables, I could get kicked to the next batch. Again - this is just based on some intuition. The odd deliveries for later orders lines up with the idea that they're putting orders into cohorts.

Reactions: 1pinhigh