Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think you’re odd at all. I have the exact same sentiment. Or maybe we’re both odd, who knows.

When someone hypes up a movie it doesn’t matter how good the movie is, I always seem to be let down. I’m concerned that because so many people have told me how amazing owning a Tesla is, I won’t be as impressed as I would be if I was left to discover things on my own. Throw in the fact that I have probably seen every single video about the X (if not all of them, its pretty dang close), I wont have that “wow” feeling of discovering new hidden gems like I have on most other new cars I’ve owned.

Either way, I’ve been waiting for over 10 months for this car and I am way too stubborn to give up on it now, so love it or hate it, Im getting a Tesla (hopefully).
Three Masters?! I learned my lesson after my first (only) Master. I recently reconnected with an old army buddy who is now an army Psychologist. He was an absolute goofball back in the day (but a truly great dude) so it definitely shocked me that he did that. I don’t like the idea of him having a title I don‘t so I started looking into various PhD programs, but as it turns out I’m just far too lazy to complete that nowadays…

First off, you're from Houston AND an Army guy like me? We will need to grab a beer sometime. Secondly, you WILL love your Tesla. There is zero question about that. Even if you go for the peasant version (the ones where the doors don't auto-open for you aka MY), you'll love it. It's hard to explain the feeling, but you'll feel it once you're behind the wheel and driving your spaceship.

Whaaaat? I’m a certified Scrum Master too and hadn’t heard this. But just googled it and saw some mentioning changing it due to BLM. We live in the twilight zone now.
I thought this was driven more for areas where we talk about master/slave, mainly on hardware designs and what not. Software has always been Client/Server for the most part, but even orchestrators like k8s use master/worker and not master/slave.

I thought this was driven more for areas where we talk about master/slave, mainly on hardware designs and what not. Software has always been Client/Server for the most part, but even orchestrators like k8s use master/worker and not master/slave.
Biggest change I saw was default naming for git. "master" branch is now "main" branch on all new projects created, and new local git initialized.

First off, you're from Houston AND an Army guy like me? We will need to grab a beer sometime. Secondly, you WILL love your Tesla. There is zero question about that. Even if you go for the peasant version (the ones where the doors don't auto-open for you aka MY), you'll love it. It's hard to explain the feeling, but you'll feel it once you're behind the wheel and driving your spaceship.
I love me some beer so I‘m down to grab one - especially with someone with whom I can share stories about getting yelled at and doing push-ups.

I’ve done many many test drives on all the models except the X and I absolutely loved every one of them. I know I will love my X if it ever arrives but I just don’t know if I will love it as much as I would have had I not had so much time to get familiar with it.

I love me some beer so I‘m down to grab one - especially with someone with whom I can share stories about getting yelled at and doing push-ups.

I’ve done many many test drives on all the models except the X and I absolutely loved every one of them. I know I will love my X if it ever arrives but I just don’t know if I will love it as much as I would have had I not had so much time to get familiar with it.
The X is a weird car. A car that big should not drive the way it does. And all of the things it does like the doors seem "why?" at first, and then it becomes "every car should do this"

The X is a weird car. A car that big should not drive the way it does. And all of the things it does like the doors seem "why?" at first, and then it becomes "every car should do this"
I mean... come on... serious vibe here. There really is nothing else like a Model X. And now in refreshed / Plaid form, I feel like I truly own a spaceship. I'm ruined for any other car now. X all the way.

IMG_1094.JPG

Rivian has made over 1000 of their EVs. I wonder how Tesla is going with the X. Elon doesn't seem to be bothered with the X. Sucks but I'm more disappointed that FWDs and other manufacturing issues are still issues in the refresh.

Reactions: Stro
back during pre-model 3, Tesla promised me my model X by a certain date. Because I sold my previous car expecting the model X, Tesla paid for an Enterprise rental car for me for about a month. Service level difference pre and post model 3
Got my Model 3 in 2018, they delivered it to my house, and the gentleman who delivered it pointed out a few paint issues on my red car that I didn’t even see myself, and offered to have them repainted at a local body shop. The bill for the paint came to around $3k (Tesla paid for it of course) and they offered me an Enterprise rental for 2 weeks while the car was in the shop as well.

Went to the same service center last week and every employee but the service advisor who talked to me ignored me for 5 minutes waiting there (they weren’t doing anything)… feel like such a big difference in 3.5 years… I really don’t think companies should get worse in customer service while they get bigger…

Got my Model 3 in 2018, they delivered it to my house, and the gentleman who delivered it pointed out a few paint issues on my red car that I didn’t even see myself, and offered to have them repainted at a local body shop. The bill for the paint came to around $3k (Tesla paid for it of course) and they offered me an Enterprise rental for 2 weeks while the car was in the shop as well.

Went to the same service center last week and every employee but the service advisor who talked to me ignored me for 5 minutes waiting there (they weren’t doing anything)… feel like such a big difference in 3.5 years… I really don’t think companies should get worse in customer service while they get bigger…
Except they all do. It's part of growing pains.

Reactions: Stro
Rivian has made over 1000 of their EVs. I wonder how Tesla is going with the X. Elon doesn't seem to be bothered with the X. Sucks but I'm more disappointed that FWDs and other manufacturing issues are still issues in the refresh.

Well, if Rivian lied like Tesla has I probably would have already put in an order for one because it'll be delivered in "2 weeks", however they're saying not until 2023. I'm still mulling over putting in an order and seeing which one gets delivered first. After the past year, and the way things appear to be going with the Model X, I'm certainly unimpressed with the confusion. Getting a Rivian would be a plus - while saving a fair bit price-wise.

Good point - at what point will Rivian have delivered more R1T than Tesla has delivered refreshed Model X? :rolleyes:

Hopefully acquire a car and hand it over but I think their job consists of avoiding customers. That's really the biggest thing. I can pair a keyfob but I can't if there is no car.
I don't think that job is just the SA's. Seems like everyone at Tesla has an aversion to talking to a customer, unless the customer actively pursues and even then that doesn't work most times!

Reactions: Prairie

Comparing Q3 to Q4 production and delivery numbers, I would guess that they hit 1,000 MX deliveries. We don't have the break out, but I'd say it's possible assuming a continued ramp up of MS production and deliveries.

Q3 2021 Vehicle Production & Deliveries​

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accounting
Model S/X8,9419,27520%

Q4 2021​

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accounting
Model S/X13,10911,75017%

Reactions: bhramabull

I don't know about that (Elon not seeming to be bothered with the X). A few days ago he replied to a tweet by Zack (@BLKMDL3) saying the Model S and 'Plaid X' are Tesla's best cars ever. I think he likes it.

Attachments

• Elon Luvs Refreshed MS and MX.jpg
    Elon Luvs Refreshed MS and MX.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43