Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity. Is the google docs spreadsheet still showing that 1 VIN for a 7 seater as an incorrect entry as I think someone had mentioned prior? Just looked and it says 1 7 Seater VIN. 🤔

Update: I think it may have been a 7 --> 6 seater switch which was not updated.

Last edited:
All-Weather mats for the front seats just became available!

Ordered! Thank you for the heads up!

I agree that they aren't ideal, but they're better than going with carpeted mats for the snowy season.

My two cents for those considering Tesla's floor mats..
I own the 3D MAXpider mats for my late 2017 MX (RIP). The main difference is the ability to hold liquid. If you live in a colder climate area and track dirty snow into your warm car, as soon as you round a corner let alone a Plaid launch all that dirty water flies right off the mat. I am waiting for them to release the updated mats.
1642032028206.png
1642032362712.png

Side note... looking to sell a set of 2017 MX mats :)

Attachments

• 1642032044652.png
    1642032044652.png
    360.9 KB · Views: 61
All-Weather mats for the front seats just became available!

Great call! Ordered!

Reactions: jnericks
My two cents for those considering Tesla's floor mats..
I own the 3D MAXpider mats for my late 2017 MX (RIP). The main difference is the ability to hold liquid. If you live in a colder climate area and track dirty snow into your warm car, as soon as you round a corner let alone a Plaid launch all that dirty water flies right off the mat. I am waiting for them to release the updated mats.
View attachment 755087View attachment 755092
Side note... looking to sell a set of 2017 MX mats :)
I agree with this 100% but they don’t exist yet. So the Tesla one is the best alternative for my imaginary MX.

Hello all, is there anyone here that can answer my question? if so here it is. what's the lowest number Refresh X Vin we are aware of? like I know we probably will never know exactly what Vin, but at least wanted to see if anyone knew anything. because I am trying to see early my car was down the production line.

From the "Oracle"

Now if that is the case, and I think it is, they should have told us. They should say we will not be able to make the 5/7 seat configuration until X month.

If my order was not at the lower pre-refresh price I’d cancel my order tomorrow. But since it is I might as well hang on and get the car delivered whenever that might be. I’ll either keep it or sell it for a profit. Just really really frustrated with Tesla at this point.

Now that it’s clear the model X plaid is the primary car being built, I might as well get on the list for Rivian R1S. We’ll see which one arrives first. Either way by that point Tesla will have opened up the supercharging network.
If you order R1S now you're probably looking at 2024, given that I have a Sept 2021 order that is "1st half 2023" according to an email from Rivian in late December.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Just checked - Plaid orders are still showing October 2022. LR orders show January 2023... tried a variety of configurations - none are better than the dates I just stated....
I just ordered a new Plaid, red w/cream and 20" wheels, no FSD and it shows May-June when ordering, now in my account it shows October! What's going on with software at a company that is so software driven??

No, I’m just saying that nobody has been delivered a 7 seater. Are you kidding me?

You said “How do you explain the few refresh Plaids that were already delivered with 7 seats?”

Please show me where they actually delivered a 7 seater.

It’s pretty clear that’s a showcase model.
Or the MXP 7 seater photos posted in Taiwan Tesla Showroom!

Reactions: Miyakudude
Where is the link to the Google doc with VINs / Delivery date info? #Stro had it in his sig line which was my go-to place to find it. I am a June 2021 order date and I like to check to see if there are any new VINs close to my date,

Separately, is "EDD: February" the new EDD: [Later Month[ place holder? I was EDD: January when I ordered in June. In December I went from Jan to Feb. Is Feb still a possibility or are all of us EDD: Feb placeholders until they give us a new date?

Thanks