Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would understand if the back row couldn't be in the Plaid due to possible interference/clearance issues between the seat mounts and the motors. This whole 6 seater makes me wonder if they're now redesigning the middle row (and subsequently will be charging an extra amount above the 6 config), but as of late I'm not finding a lot of straight answers coming from them.
I’m thinking along those lines, maybe they realized they need to redesign the 6 seater seats so they are clearing inventor which after they will push 5/7 seats and then they will come up with some new captain chairs are actually folds

I promise I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on this board but all these blatant California deliveries are complete garbage and a slap in the face to all these much older orders from other parts of the country....especially the east coast and the South.
California makes up a large percentage of Tesla ownership. It is not unusual to pull up to a stoplight and see 6-7 Teslas of all models. The dropoff line at the local school seems to be a sea of Model Ys and Xs.

I appreciate that @flippingrich. No worries. If I am being honest I have two reasons that I want to wait. First is the idea of being a year from now and having the assembly/build process being more refined is more palatable since I tend to keep cars for a long time, and I really am in no way a car guy. The second reason Is that I thought I had a year to build up more of a down payment for the loan. I’m pretty risk adverse when it comes to my budget. With three little ones, I have college I need to worry about!
Deny it and ask to send it to Reno since it’s my exact specs and I ordered 362 days ago.

I am sure this has to be frustrating for many. I know if I were in your shoes, I’d be threw the roof. I‘m attaching a few screen shots just for validation. In no way am I trying to come in here and troll. If I am being honest, I am frustrated by this myself. I am unclear how a company, even if I paid more with a later order date, would prioritize delivery for me. I was planning to take delivery a year from now, not now. It’s likely I will tell them that I will pass and see if I can just get bumped down the list. I acknowledge that even that statement has to be frustrating, but it’s not to troll, just talking about my timeline and expectations.
Appreciate the honesty and the sincerity towards us who have been waiting a year or more now. Where are you located? I’m assuming Fremont.

Not your fault that tesla is completely
Inept! Enjoy the new X, I definitely wouldn’t turn the car down unless financially you need to wait.

Reactions: bhramabull
I'm sure lack of truckers available is a big driver of the skew in deliveries. There is a good amount of deliveries at the Fremont factory itself if that is any indication.

Nailed it. Absolutely nailed it.

I'm in the tech business and having a hell of a time shipping gear around the country. And I'm talking just skids of equipment, not a specialty load like full car carriers.

I don't think one can overstate just how close the entire shipping system is to collapse.

No delivery dates for 5/7 seat orders. There hasn’t been a single 5/7 seater delivered. Despite not actually wanting a 6-seater, or a Plaid, I placed a new order for a Plaid last week because it’s looking like I could get that in a few months, compared to my LR 5 seat order placed in June/2021 which looks like it might not arrive in Canada until 2023. That’s assuming the 5 seat version ever gets built…
Thanks. I did the same thing with a 6 seat Plaid order two weeks ago. That one is still showing an October date...

Reactions: shamberann
Nailed it. Absolutely nailed it.

I'm in the tech business and having a hell of a time shipping gear around the country. And I'm talking just skids of equipment, not a specialty load like full car carriers.

I don't think one can overstate just how close the entire shipping system is to collapse.
Tesla MUST get FSD and TESLA semi on the road ASAP. Our very civilization depends on it.

Somewhere along the way, I switched from black to white thinking it would get me my MXP sooner (no idea why). Then, somewhere along the way, I couldn't switch it back without risking losing my place in line. I think white would be really cool. I had a MS in white. But, I actually wanted black.

Sooo, @richincle inspired me to do an experiment. Decided to place a brand new reservation in black, hoping I'd see some crazy EDD (cause it's Plaid and the Plaids appear to be rolling out). Nope. EDD of October and $250 out the door. 😫
My EDD said October for a week or two before going to TBD and then VIN.. so don't lose hope of the randomness!

Reactions: jbrowdy
I appreciate that @flippingrich. No worries. If I am being honest I have two reasons that I want to wait. First is the idea of being a year from now and having the assembly/build process being more refined is more palatable since I tend to keep cars for a long time, and I really am in no way a car guy. The second reason Is that I thought I had a year to build up more of a down payment for the loan. I’m pretty risk adverse when it comes to my budget. With three little ones, I have college I need to worry about!

1 - Tesla has been making this car since 2015, sure they refined the interior and some of the tech, but the things they have been having issues with like the falcon doors have not changed... 1 more year is not going to make a difference in quality trust me... and since they just refreshed it they aren't going to make any major changes worth waiting a year for.

2 - it doesn't make financial sense to build up a bigger down payment for a 2.49% loan. Just use that money you would otherwise be putting aside to pay down the loan. It's practically free money...... As long as you are able to comfortably afford the monthly payments this should not be a reason to reject the car

Accept your delivery and enjoy the car!

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
From personal experience with my MYLR delivery, I know that an unexpectedly early delivery can be inconvenient.

I currently have an EDD range of 01/21-02/09 for a MXP. This was unexpected with a previous EDD of April. I am now scrambling a bit to get things arranged just in case the EDD is correct. I actually ordered the MXP as a hedge in 08/21, when I saw how much more quickly the MSP was being delivered relative to the LR. However, I would prefer to have my X LR ordered in May at 89k. Now I am afraid that if I cancel my MXP order, then I will be waiting longer than Stro for my LR. I’m worried that the earlier, lower priced orders are low on Tesla’s priority list now.
I am in a similar situation. My EDD keeps changing to the current day as well (i.e. Jan 20-24) and I am waiting until the very last minute to decide on finances as the quick turnaround has made things a little financially precarious. I still have the much lower priced LR on order, but really who knows when this will be made....