Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My purchase of a leaf in 2014 was unremarkable. As was my purchase of a 2016 refresh S (ordered day of refresh reveal in October). Tesla predicted end of year and delivered Dec 24.

Now they do sales, service and everything in between without phones or people. Really much harder because Teslas can have complicated issues that need to be seen or heard.

Mobile service is a real bonus though. That didn't exist until around 2017 (at least in my area).

I am leery of other companies but Tesla is making me very hesitant about them in the future too.

Like everything else, I suspect much comes down to the WHO even more than the WHAT.

I’ve had truly *exceptional* service from Tesla. Both my 2019 (3) and 2020 (X) deliveries were fantastic experiences. Everything they should’ve been.

Service since has been fantastic. As you said, mobile is a game changer, but even in person.

Last week I had a “low coolant” warning on the X. Was able to get an appointment 2 days later, but at a service center 90 miles away. They texted me and moved the appointment to the next day, at a service center half that distance. (The closest center - Paramus - had the building collapse a few months ago during Hurricane Ida. Still closed, so there’s more pressure on our local service centers than normal.)

Dropped off the X at my 11am appointment, and they handed me the key to a P90D Model S.

Next day at noon, got the call that the X was fixed; it was a leaky 4-way valve and I can pickup anytime I’d like.

Really everything I could ask for.

My point is that people make the difference. Even with text and app systems, it’s still all about the people behind them.

So I’d say, more than anything, Tesla needs to work on their hiring and training. Send them here to NJ — our service centers are apparently cut from a different cloth!

Not exactly X news, but my Canadian S reservation just went from Feb placeholder to May 15-Jun 12

My X reservation currently sits on the default March but now I feel like that’s going soon.

So looks like they are starting to schedule some ranges very far out instead of placeholder
Sad when other countries start getting EDD ranges and I'm still stuck in March. I seriously think my order doesn't exist in their system.

Been lurking here for a while now and thought I'd share this with the rest of the community...

So Cal resident. I have two reservations:

Reservation RN114xxxxxx:
MX LR, MSM ext color, black int, 7 seats
Order placed on 2/21/21
Got that infamous call to upgrade to 6 seats (which I opted in) with Dec 2021 delivery...everyone knows how that went.
EDD changed lots of times and now March 2022.

Reservation RN116xxxxxx:
MX Plaid, 6 seats, same int/ext color
Order placed 1/17/22
EDD: 1/28/22 to 2/18/22

That's not typo folks! It seems like Tesla is prioritizing orders with maximum profit. See below:

View attachment 758458
Glad you got such a quick turnaround, but, that is very frustrating in that I'm in a similar situation. My original 5 seat LR ordered on 3/8/21. Never got the call to switch to a 6 seater and it's still sitting with a March EDD, after multiple changes to the EDD, as everyone else here has experienced. With that being the case, I also placed an order for a 6 seat Plaid on 1/12/22 and it's showing an October EDD. I don't understand how my location, in the midwest, can "cause" a 10 month delay in delivery. I understand that logistics are a mess across the US right now, but it makes ZERO sense that an order placed later has a delivery date of the next couple of weeks!

Reactions: bhramabull
So just called Tesla again (888-518-3752). Got the ol' "that's all we got in our system, March 2022. I'm sorry I can't give you more information."
I just called also to ask what happens if my car magically comes in March during our spring break and I am out of the country. The SA said just keep a lookout for a “change” on the EDD, and usually they send the VIN a week before delivery so if it were to happen then I can change my plans.

I don’t want to “change my plans” Oh Well!
She seemed sure enough the date was going to change anyways 😞