Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.View attachment 758602View attachment 758603View attachment 758604View attachment 758605View attachment 758606View attachment 758607
Congratulations! were there any LRs for delivery or only Plaids?

Called about scheduling for pick up since my delivery date moved to Jan 22 - Jan 26. It is still scheduled for transfer in the AM. I have express my disappointment with the whole process specifically the fact there were no communication. I also asked if its the only thing waiting to getting the X is being transported, if i can pick it up from the factory - they said if the car is already loaded and waiting for transport then no, if its waiting to get loaded and transported then yes i can switch but at this point they dont know the status of the X other than its scheduled for transfer.

One of the many reason there is such a delay is because of the pre-inspection. There is/are dedicated team that inspecting the car and based on what he is saying this is a corporate mandate due to the fact that its their flagship car.

Just passing the info along

Totally agree. So far LR and Plaid delivery situation have been completely uncorrelated. Updates from one group does not help the other group too much.
And for two months, us Plaid orders had to sit and watch all of the lucky LR VINners.

Everyone should just chill and be happy for people.

My Plaid order is almost a year old and I live in SoCal, still nothing….

Congratulations! were there any LRs for delivery or only Plaids?
Unfortunately, I was the only Model X (I saw) taking delivery at the time. I got (slightly) special treatment at President of TeslaClubLA by taking direct factory delivery instead of the regular delivery at the new delivery/service center down the street from the factory.

Called about scheduling for pick up since my delivery date moved to Jan 22 - Jan 26. It is still scheduled for transfer in the AM. I have express my disappointment with the whole process specifically the fact there were no communication. I also asked if its the only thing waiting to getting the X is being transported, if i can pick it up from the factory - they said if the car is already loaded and waiting for transport then no, if its waiting to get loaded and transported then yes i can switch but at this point they dont know the status of the X other than its scheduled for transfer.

One of the many reason there is such a delay is because of the pre-inspection. There is/are dedicated team that inspecting the car and based on what he is saying this is a corporate mandate due to the fact that its their flagship car.

These tales from the SA are entertaining at least for the excuse creativity.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Is your current lease through Tesla? Curious because I just reached out to them about this today. After a 6-month extension my lease runs out in February and my EDD is "March."
Talk with your SA, along with Leasing again. I'm now month-to-month since last May. Not a great way to go, but between buying it out or renting another - neither appeals to me. Regardless, any which way it's not going to be a good deal.

And for two months, us Plaid orders had to sit and watch all of the lucky LR VINners.

Everyone should just chill and be happy for people.

My Plaid order is almost a year old and I live in SoCal, still nothing….
Chill. It's not about being happy or not, it's about getting useful update and improving signal-to-noise ratio for each group of customer. Model S forum even has threads for specific interior color / states.

While I have both LR and Plaid on order, I still believe two separate works better for me.

Last edited:
Lol yep. Two plaids and one LR. Been waiting a year now for the first plaid order.
Yep I just did the same thing. Ordered 5 minutes ago -
MX Plaid, White/Cream, 20", 6 seats, no FSD, ordered 1/21/2022, EDD October 2022
First order details - MX LR, White/Cream, 20", 6 seats original, no FSD, ordered 4/19/2021, Current EDD March 2022
What are your EDDs respectively on the plaids?

Good to know they’re getting people focused on QC. That’s… needed.

Nooo! Energy app was a constant for me!!

Road tripping will be a lot harder and generally being mindful of efficiency. I always had the last 30mi graph as one of my two IC apps. Now IC is bizarrely limited to one app when FSD is installed.

So hopefully it doesn't get worse and Elon decides we don't need something else we love and use often.

Chill. It's not about being happy or not, it's about getting useful update and improving signal-to-noise ratio for each group of customer. Model S forum even has threads for specific interior color / states.

While I have both LR and Plaid on order, I still believe two separate works better for me.
This is definitely your own interpretation of what the contents of the waiting room should be. If you want a thread that’s exclusively about info to help Bay Area orders of White LRs and Black Plaids, then go start them. This is the general thread where everyone has been on this journey together for almost a year. It’s a “waiting room.” People on here calling for Plaid orders to go somewhere else is just garbage. Many of us have been patiently waiting and contributing to this thread for a long long time.

I’m
You're SA is so confident that EDD will change again by the end of next month. I wonder why? (See my post above)
No need to change plans, Tesla will gladly change it for you.
At a recent visit to my local dealership, my SA had a similar level of confidence. (Ordered MX LR 5 seat on 7-1-21.) On the way out, he repeated "see you next month!". Have no real idea why but figured it was worth reporting to the group.

Creep is nuked along with energy app, always on/connected/energy saving mode, coasting, round steering wheels and stalks.
Omg are you serious! Tesla got rid of creep mode? My wife absolutely refuses to drive with regenerative…. My main selling point on buying a Tesla was that she can put it in creep mode and drive it like a regular car… SUGAR!!!! this is an absolute disaster for me…. It was hard enough to sell the damn yoke, and now this too

• Funny
Reactions: UCF3 and ironwill96

found some other mats