Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look, I'm as frustrated as the next person on this thread. I've been waiting since 2/6/21 with no end in sight. It's obvious that Tesla is having a horrible time getting some parts (i.e. trim pieces, bench seats, headlights, etc) from their suppliers. As mentioned before, I sold my X90D last February in anticipation of receiving my X from March-July (added in a few months to account for elon time). Haven't heard anything from my SA since last fall, emails go unanswered. IOW, in the same boat as you guys. Makes you 🤬.

Here are some other things I'm waiting for:
Daddy bequeathed me several genetic advantages, a throat designed for sleep apnea is one I could have done without. Last summer my c-pap machine died. On top of that, around that time a scandal broke concerning c-pap machines made by another company than the model I have; seems the foam in them breaks off, lodges in the lungs and can cause cancer. I went through 3 months of doctor appointments -- delayed by COVID -- but finally got through all that. I was supposed to get my new ResMed 11 in October. Still not here. Calls to the supplier elicit sympathy, but no new C-Pap. I received a letter in December blaming it on the Phillips problem (Res Med is the only other major supplier) and supply chain problems. "It's been delayed until January," the letter said. January's about done and no sign of it, just expressions of sympathy. I have not had a decent night's sleep since early last summer. I don't recommend trying it.

Ordered a necklace for my SO for Christmas. It was supposed to arrive by 12/12/21. Still haven't seen it.

Sister-in-law gave me a new UGA themed raincoat for Christmas. Didn't fit. They dutifully tried to return it to get the right size. Unavailable and we're talking Medium to Large, nothing weird.

We tried to stock up with home COVID testing kits in December. CVS, Wallgreens, everyone was sold out. You can order 'em now for free, but that wasn't true then.

The entire thing sucks bigly. All of it. I wanna hang some Tesla customer service reps for being uncommunicative. What do I do with the C-pap people (even my doctor making direct pleas didn't help)? What about the store that sells the "made especially for us" necklace? Or Fan wherever that raincoat came from? With Delta raging then and Omicron on the way, didn't those turkeys KNOW there would be a spike in demand for test kits?

Here's who I'm really angry with -- the so called brilliant minds in corporate America. In the 1990s, they were all in on moving manufacturing out of the US to China. "Will make them our friend becoming financially intertwined. We'll be able to deliver our products for less on time. Global is the way to go. Okay, so folks in small towns will lose their jobs as we close local factories, but we'll all come out better in the end."

Let's look at the record: The relationship between China and the U.S consistently grows worse. Workers in China became virtual factory prisoners worked to death. FoxCon literally had to install nets around its factories to catch workers attempting suicide by throwing themselves off the top of their buildings. Do I even have to say anything about "just in time" tactics? We've got millions of angry people in small town America blowing their stacks as their American dream went sideways and getting hooked on opiods.

Now, politicians are starting to say, "Know what? Maybe we should be making our own microchips here in America." Well, duh.

After 2 years sitting mostly at home enduring wave after wave of COVID, and watching all those "wise"proclamations from business leaders 25 years ago blowing up in our faces now, I'm furious. Can't watch the financial channels any more because it gives me dark thoughts about what I'd like to do to those pompous nowhere-near-as-smart-as-they-think-they-are horses' asses in Armani as they share their latest strokes of genius.

I will say this for Tesla. They are as vertically integrated as possible and that helped them get through this better than the other dodos listed above, but they can't make everything. And Tesla's customer communication effort stinks. As we wait...and wait... and wait.

PS Brother can you spare a ResMed 11?

Last edited:
Please upvote the question related to Model X ramp for Q4 earnings call

Attachments

• 0D81E965-85C2-4722-9EF2-B07DFF95107C.png
    0D81E965-85C2-4722-9EF2-B07DFF95107C.png
    312.9 KB · Views: 100
I left this forum for like a week+ somebody just let me know has anything changed? 😂 I quit going crazy over my X (haha get it?) anyways cause its pointless. Imma just live my life til whenever it decides to arrive
I’m about to do the same. There’s never really an update and we all just waste our time here rehashing the same old thing.

But to answer your question, no not really. People started getting EDD’s that indicate a 4 day window. But IMO, it’s no better than “March.” They just roll the window forward daily instead of rolling the months forward monthly. Lipstick on a pig.

Other than that, the usual. Handful of VINners, someone got to jump the line and got a VIN, delivery defects but the car is amazing, mostly Plaids delivered, etc.

Has anyone on here had experiences with the regen braking in snow/ice conditions? I heard some people would “turn off” regen or I guess put it in creep in the snow because when you take your foot off the accelerator in the snow you don’t want the brakes to apply. Just curious.

Regen is the best. 8 years of EV ownership. Live in Chicago. Relatives in upstate NY. Driven through many winter storms. Get winter snow ice tires. You'll be able to do whatever you want with a Tesla clad with the right tires. Car literally drives where you want and can go in a straight line with authority.

Brakes and Regen are blended. When you want more stopping power, depress brake but otherwise Regen doesn't cause sliding. It's pretty well controlled by feathering the accelerator.

Bottom line is you'll never be safer.

I left this forum for like a week+ somebody just let me know has anything changed? 😂 I quit going crazy over my X (haha get it?) anyways cause its pointless. Imma just live my life til whenever it decides to arrive
Was wondering where you went. Glad you’re back! You have the right attitude. I was able to put my mind there at one time, but now that I have a specific delivery window, my psychosis is in overdrive 🤪

Please upvote the question related to Model X ramp for Q4 earnings call
Unfortunately the question is not one we really want asked. MX production is currently ramping up to full capacity. Ramping up is a process, not an endpoint. Better questions would be "When will the MX line be at full production capacity?" or preferably, "When will Tesla deliver all variations of the MX line including 5 and 7 seaters?".

It is ramping up now so that is all Elon would need to say and we would not know anything more than we do now.

A little bit of humor a lot of us might think is funny “When I die, I’m going to ask Tesla to lower me into my grave just so they can let me down one more time”
I've always told my wife when I'm about to die, take me up in a helicopter above the Pacific Ocean, go "like this" with her foot and that would be enough to send my body swan flying down into the sea. Hence my return to "the earth" and glorious critters-- or as Elon would say "maybe we don't call it the earth, but call it the water". Go out with a bang, yup. She can then say, this is from me and Tesla .

I've always told my wife when I'm about to die, take me up in a helicopter above the Pacific Ocean, go "like this" with her foot and that would be enough to send my body swan flying down into the sea. Hence my return to "the earth" and glorious critters-- or as Elon would say "maybe we don't call it the earth, but call it the water". Go out with a bang, yup. She can then say, this is from me and Tesla .
I seriously want to merge with AI and have my consciousness continue when my physical body dies. There’s just too much awesomeness to explore for my sentience to be pacified with even 100+ years of existence.

AI + Neuralink + Teslabot cannot come soon enough.

Meanwhile the hobbled economic activity of the world produced mismatched interior panels for a model X delivery. 😝😳😬

Reactions: Hamilaird
MXP, White/white, 20”, 6 seat no FSD ordered 1/21/22, EDD October 2022

MXP, MSM/White, 20”, 6 seat no FSD ordered 1/27/21, EDD March 2022

MXLR, MSM/White, 20”, 6 seat no FSD ordered 1/27/21, EDD March 2022.

Thinking maybe I should switch the white one I just ordered do 22’s to mix it up haha
WHAT??? Two Plaids ordered the same day and one has a March EDD and the other October? That is all kinds of messed up...

• Funny
Reactions: zapparino
Regen is the best. 8 years of EV ownership. Live in Chicago. Relatives in upstate NY. Driven through many winter storms. Get winter snow ice tires. You'll be able to do whatever you want with a Tesla clad with the right tires. Car literally drives where you want and can go in a straight line with authority.

Brakes and Regen are blended. When you want more stopping power, depress brake but otherwise Regen doesn't cause sliding. It's pretty well controlled by feathering the accelerator.

Bottom line is you'll never be safer.
What tires are you driving in for snow/ice?

21 Jan - Feb 6th updated to 24 Jan - Feb 9th this morning. I knew it would change today based on some others’ experiences but I thought it would push by a single day, every day. Three days just seems weird, like there was some actual intelligent thought put into is……nahhhhhh.

What tires are you driving in for snow/ice?

For my S, Michelin X-ice3. Lasted 6 winters and plenty of tread left. I put them on Rial Lugano turbine wheels. I like the look better than OEM and I've gone through 3 OEM Goodyear tires in that timeframe.

Studless winter tires have never failed me when paired with dual motor Tesla drivetrain. I even foolishly drove through a blizzard with 7 inches on the roadway. I was plowing I86 for 25 miles before the real plows took over. My S clearance is only 5.5 inches.

Just found this on my 2nd order, the one for the 6 seat Plaid. The order originally had an October EDD, then today, I get the three week delivery window. Absolutely no new news on the 5 seat LR. It blows my mind that if you order a Plaid they can deliver within 6 weeks, given that so many of us have been patiently waiting for LR's. It even makes less sense for those who agreed to pay the extra cost to "upgrade" to 6 seat LR's to get them by the end of the year, but are still waiting. Now have to figure out if I really want to spend the extra on a Plaid.

Does anyone have data on the difference in monthly/annual insurance costs between a LR and a Plaid? I know the Plaid will be more, but curious if anyone has any real data.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 9.11.43 AM (2).png