Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BCABC01B-4FCC-4B0C-BF89-6E45CD1C1437.png

And so it begins… Delivery got pushed back, so the dates are, in fact, bullshit. Just more specific bullshit.

That’s the first 5/7 seater go to ‘TBD’ I’ve seen here. Anyone else remember seeing that? Could be good news or else mean nothing.
I ordered a 7 seat Plaid in June 2021. I got the call 2 weeks ago to switch to 6 seats or change to LR if I want a 7 seats, so I went with the LR 7 seats @ current pricing (very unhappy about that), with EDD remained Feb 2022 even as many people reported seeing Feb moved to March. Early this week it was changed to TBD, and has been there for almost a week already with no further changes.

To me the EDD of month/TBD means nothing so I didn’t bother to provide that update to the thread.

Woke up to this... Getting ready

Ordered JUNE '21
Model X Plaid
Solid Black
22'' Turbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Six Seat Interior
Yoke Steering Wheel
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
Congratulations. That's my exact config. You've got good taste @muzhik haha...
I ordered Feb 12th and I still have a March date... sigh... Probably because I'm in Canada.
Good to know they're being made though. ☺

Ugh. Wonder if anyone has had a front end date that now surpasses their original back end date?
While I sit on hold with the Fremont delivery center...

My original EDD was Jan 19-23 and has since progressed daily to currently being Jan 22-26

UPDATE: Fremont customer service could not get anyone at Fremont delivery to answer the phone... must be too busy delivering X's

Last edited:
I think since quarter end is coming, they want to prioritize the most expensive cars, plaid model to show a strong earnings for the quarter.

This experience of waiting for the car specially towards the end of the process very frustrating.

My delivery date is still holding to Jan 22-26

Im on my way to colma ca and going to play stupid to schedule a delivery.

I think since quarter end is coming, they want to prioritize the most expensive cars, plaid model to show a strong earnings for the quarter.

This experience of waiting for the car specially towards the end of the process very frustrating.

Quarter end? It's January! We're not even halfway through Q1....

Bah quarter end..we just did that three weeks ago!!

Last update left Raven hanging. Lots of upset owners, buying a recent X and being left out of certain updates.
The 2018 red/cream ModelX with 12500 miles on it I got off the Tesla website has been flawless. 4500 miles on it in the last month on three long distance trips with 10 supercharger stops on each.
Charging at home from my Tesla solar array. So comfortable, fast, attractive.
Bell man at Disneyworld called it a Starship as he loaded it while crowds gathered seeing it there in front of the hotel with all the doors opened. I paid a high price, but seems to be growing in value.
Why am I holding onto my 2022 Model X order, that’s now about a year old?

But... those are two completely different settings. Are you saying that the concession for missing "regen off" setting was that at least it would have creep on?

Also, this is your first Tesla. I don't know of anyone taking more than ~two days to get used to the regen\stopping mode settings... I did use to prefer creep mode, but it hasn't been an issue with "hold" mode once they added obstacle aware acceleration. Don't tell her and I bet she won't notice.
No concession. She will not drive unless it’s in creep mode and acts like a regular gas car that she’s been driving for 20 years. This is our first Tesla yes, but we have rented and test driven a lot of them

I can probably get her to learn to like it though…. What’s really turning me off to Tesla is their tactics…. Like pushing out Plaids to folks who just ordered a month ago because it’s a higher margin…. Or the arrogance and lack of care they show every time I call to inquire about my order… it’s like I’m not asking you for charity I am giving you 100k+ act like you freaking care….. their attitude is you’ll get it when you get it…otherwise just cancel we don’t care.

Just found this on my 2nd order, the one for the 6 seat Plaid. The order originally had an October EDD, then today, I get the three week delivery window. Absolutely no new news on the 5 seat LR. It blows my mind that if you order a Plaid they can deliver within 6 weeks, given that so many of us have been patiently waiting for LR's. It even makes less sense for those who agreed to pay the extra cost to "upgrade" to 6 seat LR's to get them by the end of the year, but are still waiting. Now have to figure out if I really want to spend the extra on a Plaid.

Does anyone have data on the difference in monthly/annual insurance costs between a LR and a Plaid? I know the Plaid will be more, but curious if anyone has any real data.

View attachment 758800
Personally I’d go for the p365 😉
To anyone who doesn’t “get it,” no worries cupcake. It’s just, ahem, an aftermarket option.

While I sit on hold with the Fremont delivery center...

My original EDD was Jan 19-23 and has since progressed daily to currently being Jan 22-26

UPDATE: Fremont customer service could not get anyone at Fremont delivery to answer the phone... must be too busy delivering X's
This reminds me of the recent Tesla China video with their newly opened 24-hour call center.

I was like 🤯😵‍💫😫