Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Not so) Happy 1 year Orderversary to me! 1 full year of adventures with my invisible Model X whose original EDD was March 2021. Notable moments include having my date pushed 8 times, my trade in depreciating further, predicting in a Reddit comment in December that I’d probably wind up with another March date, and bonus! Winding UP with a March date that’s probably also total bs but if it isn’t, will certainly be scheduled during the 3 days I will be away from the area in the entire time I’ve waited. Cheers and middle fingers to one year! 🎈 🎉

Anybody know what tires come on the MXP with 20s? I recall that the 22s come with Conti SportContact 6s. Is that also true of the 20s or do they come with all seasons?

Also, I've been lurking since last month. For those interested, original order 10/20 -- MX LR, 6 seat, Blue/Black, 22", FSD. Confirmed transferring order to refreshed MX in 2/21. Was asked to update config last month and decided to change order to MXP, 20", no FSD (all else same). Had been Feb EDD then switched to March with everyone else. Yesterday got a (more) specific EDD: Jan 22 - Feb 12. No VIN, so expect that tomorrow I'll get pushed a day (or three... or more).
I'm very curious on the tires as well.

I saw 2 different versions of tires for the 22s. Conti Sport Contact 6 as well as another tire that is all season as it had M+S printed on them. Additionally Tesla said they come with Pirellis all season but not M+S rated. So if what the sales rep says is true then the 22s can come with 1 of 3 tires.

I really prefer a tires that is M+S. I don't need summer performance, not really taking an X on the track. The 2 different tires were on cars delivered to So Cal so it doesn't sound like it is region specific. Like I understand Northeast tires will get all season vs west coast gets summer.

I can beat that by one day...have 11/29/20. 5 seater plaid. But fair enough in Europe so I will shut up and go back into the queue.

Has anyone with a plaid order from Europe heard anything from Tesla about 5/7 seater and changing to 6 seater? Or is this all still a US only topic as I would assume?
I tryed to changed from black to cream seats on my Plaid 7 seats order. My sales agent answered that should changed the price to no price as a new "reservation".
I did not changed color. He did not ask me to changed to a 6 seater.

I tryed to changed from black to cream seats on my Plaid 7 seats order. My sales agent answered that should changed the price to no price as a new "reservation".
I did not changed color. He did not ask me to changed to a 6 seater.
Eventually they will ask you to switch to six seats id bet that they will let you change your color at that point though you will have to pay the normal (I believe) 2k upcharge for lighter color seats…

Reactions: Monark1954
I hear you. I have a second set of wheels and tires that I had on my P100D. Still don’t have clarity on whether or not they will fit on the Plaid. As of now, It’s not a pressing issue, since I don’t have a VIN. But hopefully, that will change soon.

I would look at the bolt pattern to make sure it can fit. I have a tire installer where he checks as well. Try to see if you can get in touch with a local tire installer to see.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Anybody know what tires come on the MXP with 20s? I recall that the 22s come with Conti SportContact 6s. Is that also true of the 20s or do they come with all seasons?

Also, I've been lurking since last month. For those interested, original order 10/20 -- MX LR, 6 seat, Blue/Black, 22", FSD. Confirmed transferring order to refreshed MX in 2/21. Was asked to update config last month and decided to change order to MXP, 20", no FSD (all else same). Had been Feb EDD then switched to March with everyone else. Yesterday got a (more) specific EDD: Jan 22 - Feb 12. No VIN, so expect that tomorrow I'll get pushed a day (or three... or more).

Looking at Tire Rack in the 20 OEM size, they list Cross Contact Sport LX as OEM tires for Tesla. Not conclusive but would make sense.

I'm very curious on the tires as well.

I saw 2 different versions of tires for the 22s. Conti Sport Contact 6 as well as another tire that is all season as it had M+S printed on them. Additionally Tesla said they come with Pirellis all season but not M+S rated. So if what the sales rep says is true then the 22s can come with 1 of 3 tires.

I really prefer a tires that is M+S. I don't need summer performance, not really taking an X on the track. The 2 different tires were on cars delivered to So Cal so it doesn't sound like it is region specific. Like I understand Northeast tires will get all season vs west coast gets summer.
Just saw a LR with 22's at the KC SC and it had Pirelli all-season tires.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwang089
FYI, 3d maxpider mats from Amazon seem to fit pretty well. Much better than continuing to use carpet mats in Michigan weather.

Attachments

• FE5AF4CA-E550-431C-BA01-C4B80C77DFCD.jpeg
    FE5AF4CA-E550-431C-BA01-C4B80C77DFCD.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 72F82D99-D1D6-4515-8C08-EC4618CE5399.jpeg
    72F82D99-D1D6-4515-8C08-EC4618CE5399.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 64
  • BA69FF8A-196D-4EC0-9475-62DBF06D4976.jpeg
    BA69FF8A-196D-4EC0-9475-62DBF06D4976.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 70
  • C224D8EC-EEA3-42D3-B53E-C8E6D5C2AA9E.jpeg
    C224D8EC-EEA3-42D3-B53E-C8E6D5C2AA9E.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 68
seems older MXLR orders got lost in the system. Tomorrow i may change something on my Black/Cream/20"/FSD order to get it back in the system.
Be careful. If you change anything, the entire order may (will) be re-priced at the new prices, and you will go to the end of the line. About the only thing you can change is add (or remove) FSD. Although if you delete FSD and then put it back, it will cost you $2,000. My MXLR was ordered July 2021, and is still there. I added FSD just before the price went up by $2,000.

Last edited:
Ok so on my Plaid order I finally have a date range showing of Feb 9-Mar 2....My order for my LR still just shows March. I am not keeping the Plaid so I am going to sell that one. If anyone out there is wanting a Plaid White with White Interior with or without FSD (currently I have it selected) 20" wheels message me...Unless you know a better way to handle the transaction I would think it would be best for the buyer to meet me in Nashville for the pickup when it arrives.

• Disagree
Reactions: AFBruin
While I'm waiting to take delivery (hopefully this week...), does anyone have any suggestions on:

1) Floor mats? I have Maxpiders in my S and they feel REALLY slippery when they get wet - especially around my right heel area, which causes it to slip around a lot while trying to drive

2) Tires for SW PA that'll work for all year round. I'm leaning towards the Michelin CrossClimate SUV or Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Anyone have an opinion either way?

While I'm waiting to take delivery (hopefully this week...), does anyone have any suggestions on:

1) Floor mats? I have Maxpiders in my S and they feel REALLY slippery when they get wet - especially around my right heel area, which causes it to slip around a lot while trying to drive

2) Tires for SW PA that'll work for all year round. I'm leaning towards the Michelin CrossClimate SUV or Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Anyone have an opinion either way?
For model 3 i believe the cross climates take a range hit.

pilot sport A/S takes like a 15% range hit on Model 3.

i ran the stock Conti Crosscontact on my X in NY/NJ snow and it worked fine but we get less snow