Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my Model X Plaid 6 seater two days ago. What an odd vehicle:

1 - Worst build quality ever. Panel gaps completely off. Paint drips everywhere. Corners are poorly welded and paint chipped. Every Prius that costs one sixth of that car is better.

2 - Interior seems nice - until you realize there is no cooled center console compartment for your drinks. The silly windscreen prevented these idiots from putting in proper interior lights at night - they shine in your back - but was it THAT hard to install a light in the a pillar? You can't see what you eat at night out of the drive through.

3 - White leather lends itself to interior accent or ambient lights in all colors of the rainbow - they would bounce magically off of all the white panels - ONLY THERE ARE NONE. At night, that thing looks like nothingness.

4 - WHAT A SCAM THE 'FULL SELF DRIVE IS' - long story short, the only thing it drives self is the car into a wall. IT DOES NOT CHANGE LANES unless you indicate (where's the stalk???) - it does not exit the freeway and instead gets confused EVERY TIME a lane is added to the road and violently jerks the steering left and right unable to make up its mind. It slows down randomly on auto disengage so the semi trailing you almost hits you from behind. THIS WHOLE THING IS A JOKE and a safety issue! They charge $10k for that?!! It's worse than the lane keep assist and cruise control on my Taycan; and even worse than the cruise control on my 2017 Range Rover that ALWAYS works.

5 - 'FULL SELF DRIVING' is worse than a basic cruise control with distance function! HOW ON EARTH can Tesla not just have a basic cruise control?!! It's FSD or nothing. Completely nuts.

6 - Range. Why on earth does the car show 280 miles range, and after you drive 100 miles, you arrive at your destination that should have around 180 miles range left with less than 60 miles?!!! The range calculation is inaccurate at best and criminally misleading most of the time.

7 - Recuperation. It's non-existent. True, the silly clown vehicle slows down like crazy the moment you take your foot off the accelerator (or the 'FSD' decides to quit on you - which it did EVERY SINGLE TIME I overtook a semi yesterday. BUT THE RANGE NEVER GOES UP, even driving 5 miles coasting downhill into Las Vegas from the mountains. WHERE DOES THE ENERGY GO???
8 - How it is even legal to have that crappy yoke is beyond me. At night, you WILL grip into the dark - only to find nothing. How is it even legal to put the indicator as a button on the yoke?! I'm no idiot - but I had to think which way to indicate.

Had I moved from a 96 Toyota Tacoma to this car, I would think it's the best thing ever. But having waited for this anomaly for a year is a joke. I could keep going - FRUNK?? How on earth do you close that without breaking the hood? Paint job on the undersurface is a joke - you can see where the spray didn't quite reach. Corners are poorly painted, if at all, and they are chipping already.

To charge $150k for this vehicle is theft of $70k. And even at $80k, this clown car would be overpriced.

It didn't help that the morons at the Tesla delivery center screwed a paper temp tag on the car on delivery day without so much as giving me a license plate frame with the $150k purchase; of course, the wind sheared off the temp tag on the first time on the freeway, so I have no tag on the vehicle now. Good riddance, I won't drive it anyways.

Well, I learned my lesson. For all those of you who need a vehicle to race down a drag strip every day going 0-60 in two seconds, this is your car. I suspect there is not a lot of folks out there matching that demographic.

For most of us, think twice before wasting $150k on a $80k experimental anomaly with poor build quality.

Sir/Ma’am this is a Wendy’s Model X delivery waiting room.

1 - Worst build quality ever. Panel gaps completely off. Paint drips everywhere. Corners are poorly welded and paint chipped. Every Prius that costs one sixth of that car is better.

2 - Interior seems nice - until you realize there is no cooled center console compartment for your drinks. The silly windscreen prevented these idiots from putting in proper interior lights at night - they shine in your back - but was it THAT hard to install a light in the a pillar? You can't see what you eat at night out of the drive through.

3 - White leather lends itself to interior accent or ambient lights in all colors of the rainbow - they would bounce magically off of all the white panels - ONLY THERE ARE NONE. At night, that thing looks like nothingness.

4 - WHAT A SCAM THE 'FULL SELF DRIVE IS' - long story short, the only thing it drives self is the car into a wall. IT DOES NOT CHANGE LANES unless you indicate (where's the stalk???) - it does not exit the freeway and instead gets confused EVERY TIME a lane is added to the road and violently jerks the steering left and right unable to make up its mind. It slows down randomly on auto disengage so the semi trailing you almost hits you from behind. THIS WHOLE THING IS A JOKE and a safety issue! They charge $10k for that?!! It's worse than the lane keep assist and cruise control on my Taycan; and even worse than the cruise control on my 2017 Range Rover that ALWAYS works.

5 - 'FULL SELF DRIVING' is worse than a basic cruise control with distance function! HOW ON EARTH can Tesla not just have a basic cruise control?!! It's FSD or nothing. Completely nuts.

6 - Range. Why on earth does the car show 280 miles range, and after you drive 100 miles, you arrive at your destination that should have around 180 miles range left with less than 60 miles?!!! The range calculation is inaccurate at best and criminally misleading most of the time.

7 - Recuperation. It's non-existent. True, the silly clown vehicle slows down like crazy the moment you take your foot off the accelerator (or the 'FSD' decides to quit on you - which it did EVERY SINGLE TIME I overtook a semi yesterday. BUT THE RANGE NEVER GOES UP, even driving 5 miles coasting downhill into Las Vegas from the mountains. WHERE DOES THE ENERGY GO???
8 - How it is even legal to have that crappy yoke is beyond me. At night, you WILL grip into the dark - only to find nothing. How is it even legal to put the indicator as a button on the yoke?! I'm no idiot - but I had to think which way to indicate.

Had I moved from a 96 Toyota Tacoma to this car, I would think it's the best thing ever. But having waited for this anomaly for a year is a joke. I could keep going - FRUNK?? How on earth do you close that without breaking the hood? Paint job on the undersurface is a joke - you can see where the spray didn't quite reach. Corners are poorly painted, if at all, and they are chipping already.

To charge $150k for this vehicle is theft of $70k. And even at $80k, this clown car would be overpriced.

It didn't help that the morons at the Tesla delivery center screwed a paper temp tag on the car on delivery day without so much as giving me a license plate frame with the $150k purchase; of course, the wind sheared off the temp tag on the first time on the freeway, so I have no tag on the vehicle now. Good riddance, I won't drive it anyways.

Well, I learned my lesson. For all those of you who need a vehicle to race down a drag strip every day going 0-60 in two seconds, this is your car. I suspect there is not a lot of folks out there matching that demographic.

For most of us, think twice before wasting $150k on a $80k experimental anomaly with poor build quality.

1642987154426.png

Source for this rumor re: next fsd update?

I would love to not have the steering wheel nag and the interior camera seems to do a pretty good job monitoring now, but with scrutiny from regulators, it’s hard to imagine them getting rid of the nag.

Of course with Tesla, it could be more like do it anyway and let the regulators scramble to figure out what to do in response.
GM, Ford and Volvo intelligent cruise uses cameras to monitor the driver without touching the wheel, why would regulators single tesla out?

Did you refuse delivery 😳
I'm sure you left it where it stood, what did they say when you walked away ?

Last edited:

Did… did you even read anything about this vehicle before you bought it? Or did you just wildly point at something with your eyes closed and fork out $150k on a whim for funsies?

No issues with the vehicle so far, everything is perfect. Just missing one piece in the tow hook bag.
Previous MX owner here - they used the same hitch in the 2017 model.

The opening in the trailer hitch case looks like a missing part but it is actually a cutout to store the cap that otherwise covers the hitch opening when not in use.
There are also foam cutouts outlined for the keys but it looks like your keys are in the center of the hitch. :)

Tell me what you like about the car :)

you can sell it with at least $10k mark up at this moment in the market, so just let it go instead of making yourself this much unhappy

I'm surprised you took delivery with all those paint drip marks and misaligned panels. Care to show photos of this? Can you show your vin as well (block out the last 2 numbers)

Looking at your post history (all negative things about Tesla of course), it appears that in April 2021 you said you've never seen a Tesla with normal panels. If this is the case, why place an order for the X?

On August 26 2021, you posted that you cancelled your model X order and you are enjoying your Taycan (and have an EQS on the way). Did you end up re-ordering the car and got bumped to the front of the line?

Finally, you can sell the car for a lot more than you paid, so there's that.

Also, looking at your post history, looks like you cancelled your order after you

Yeah you definitely don’t have an X. If you do I you must have dont ZERO investigating online before spending 150k. Seems dumb to me.

I'm surprised you took delivery with all those paint drip marks and misaligned panels. Care to show photos of this? Can you show your vin as well (block out the last 2 numbers)

Looking at your post history (all negative things about Tesla of course), it appears that in April 2021 you said you've never seen a Tesla with normal panels. If this is the case, why place an order for the X?

On August 26 2021, you posted that you cancelled your model X order and you are enjoying your Taycan (and have an EQS on the way). Did you end up re-ordering the car and got bumped to the front of the line?

Finally, you can sell the car for a lot more than you paid, so there's that.

Also, looking at your post history, looks like you cancelled your order after you
He’s a troll. Simple.