Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with the Tesla guy over the phone today.

I should get a VIN match by Feb 5.
Then within 48 hours after that, they should finish with the car and ship it out (expedite) to the Ft Lauderdale store.

Hopefully, this is a piece of accurate information from the Tesla guy in Fremont.
I called another SA and confirmed that your information from the 1st SA was accurate... Therefore, with two SA's your information is at least twice as accurate as before!!!!

Based on SA knowledge, I would go ahead and open the garage door - as the home delivery of your car is imminent!!!

Just messing around!!! Hope it is all true for you! 😁😁😁

For my S, Michelin X-ice3. Lasted 6 winters and plenty of tread left. I put them on Rial Lugano turbine wheels. I like the look better than OEM and I've gone through 3 OEM Goodyear tires in that timeframe.

Studless winter tires have never failed me when paired with dual motor Tesla drivetrain. I even foolishly drove through a blizzard with 7 inches on the roadway. I was plowing I86 for 25 miles before the real plows took over. My S clearance is only 5.5 inches.

Hell man, I've run the stock tires on my S since I got it and driven through snowstorms/etc around Chicago. It's only ever been scary once; otherwise the car is surprisingly composed and the AWD does a good job recovering quickly if the back end does slip around a corner or whatever.

I'll probably do winter tires/wheels for the X since I went w/ 22s this time.

Spoke with the Tesla guy over the phone today.

I should get a VIN match by Feb 5.
Then within 48 hours after that, they should finish with the car and ship it out (expedite) to the Ft Lauderdale store.

Hopefully, this is a piece of accurate information from the Tesla guy in Fremont.
That could be good news for me (ordered in March 2021 though)

I'm on the verge as well. Currently, MY EDD is March and MX 02/2021 order is "Mar 2022". My 5mos with Volvo Care is Mar 15 and I can cancel to get another car. Contemplating between the following:

1. MY LR
2. Volvo XC90 (but didn't like XC60 seat, not too comfortable on a long road trip)
3. BMW X5
4. Genesis GV80

Those who have checked out, what is your alternative?
Hi all! Long time lurker here... I'm still debating on if I should place my order. I have an XC90. I got mad at Tesla in 2018 for trying to sell me a 2018 Model X with cloth seats and a broken driver's side window. The window wouldn't go down when the door was shut resulting in a loud bang up against the car. I left to immediately purchase a brand new XC90. I loved it for 2 weeks and I've been stalking the Tesla thread and website for nearly three years now. I finally convinced my Wife to let me get the Model X (she thinks I switch cars too often).

Before you move to an alternative think long and hard about it. A year from now, you'd be thinking... Damn, I could've had my Model X. Nothing compares to Tesla products. If it weren't for the Model X, I would probably love my XC90 a little more. After reading these posts (started somewhere in the 100s), I am going to order and just wait for the call in 2023/4 sometime. LOL

Agreed except for the yoke and FSD. Are you talking about the Beta? If so, also compare with any other make and what that other make is doing better to achieve your displeasure with Tesla FSD. I think the yoke and dash design are a work of art. And I like works of art usually. The yoke specifically, is what pushed me to press 'buy' even though the 4680 and 500 mile range hadn't made it into the car yet. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
  1. For me, a car should emphasize function over style. I'm sure I will get used to the yoke, but I doubt I will prefer it.
  2. I don't run beta software for any mission-critical system. I prefer my cars not to crash into things, thank you very much.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Try Carvana and Shift
Shift was a total fail when I tried to sell my 2014 Model S last month. Multiple emails, zero responses. The first offer I got from Vroom was competitive, but each subsequent offer was lower than the last one. Carmax was pretty good. Wound up selling to a local luxury car dealer that will go unnamed since the headache still continues.

This logic is one of the reasons why I ordered a new Y instead of a Toyota Prius or RAV back in November. Not knowing when the X was coming, we needed a 2nd car.

Talking to the Toyota dealer, not only did they not have any stock or any specific delivery dates, we were haggling how much over MSRP the car would be... The pricing difference between what they were selling and the fixed price model Y, pushed me over the edge - and we just ordered and eventually received it a couple of weeks ago.
Another reason: just like buying Halloween candy, don’t buy that which you would not eat if there were any leftovers

• Funny
Reactions: jboy210
Have any Canadian's called the Freemont number to see if we can get any updates for cars up north?
Nope. I was one of the ones who received the "early delivery" promise for upgrading to a 6 seater. THAT'S worked out well. I plan on talking with my SA after the 1 year anniversary, then weigh options. Supposedly a delivery in March, but nothing definitive.

lol… I ordered an iPad and it took several months (ok not a year but still, it’s just the center screen of a model X basically lol) and dealing with Apple was unexpectedly a huge hassle (they were nice but my order kept disappearing in their system etc) and the iPad had to be shipped from China and it has been weird and glitchy since I received it.
Yes many (if not most) iPhones and iPads were shipped from factory in China directly to you with overnight shipping during launch. You are just not lucky, Apple service is usually great.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I'm on the verge as well. Currently, MY EDD is March and MX 02/2021 order is "Mar 2022". My 5mos with Volvo Care is Mar 15 and I can cancel to get another car. Contemplating between the following:

1. MY LR
2. Volvo XC90 (but didn't like XC60 seat, not too comfortable on a long road trip)
3. BMW X5
4. Genesis GV80

Those who have checked out, what is your alternative?
I placed an order for a BMW ix50 a week ago as my fall back… I prefer the MXLR bc:

- 2O miles more range;
- FWD’s;
- better looking car;
- supercharger network (though not that important to me bc 1) 99% of my charging will be at home and 2) TESLA likely to open it up anyway to make more $.
- faster car
- 3 rows
- more storage (including frunk)

But I prefer the BMW bc:

- Apple Carplay
- better driving/handling (as per all reviews)
- much nicer interior
- quieter interior (again as per all reviews)
- steering wheel
- 1 touch on/off moon roof
- better build quality
- true blind spot monitoring (actual light)
- cheaper + tax credit eligibility
- 3 seat second row
- better headlights

Overall it’s a no brainer to take the MXLR but can’t wait “forever”….

Last edited:
I placed an order for a BMW ix50 a week ago as my fall back… I prefer the MXLR bc:

- 2O miles more range;
- FWD’s;
- better looking car;
- supercharger network (though not that important to me bc 1) 99% of my charging will be at home and 2) TESLA likely to open it up anyway to make more $.
- faster car
- 3 rows
- more storage (including frunk)

But I prefer the BMW bc:

- Apple Carplay
- better driving/handling (as per all reviews)
- much nicer interior
- quieter interior (again as per all reviews)
- steering wheel
- 1 touch on/off moon roof
- better build quality
- true blind spot monitoring (actual light)
- cheaper + tax credit eligibility
- 3 seat second row
- better headlights

Overall it’s a no brainer to take the MXLR but can’t wait “forever”….
What is the delivery timeframe for the BMW?

Someone previously pointed out that the refreshed X looks a lot higher than normal. I noticed the same thing this past weekend -- my store (Littleton, Colorado) had a MXP on the lot and the first thing I saw was how the suspension looked like it was set to high mode (see pictures). Even my wife noticed the ride height and she normally doesn't pick up on those details. Hopefully this is just a setting for transport.

Separately, a note inside the car said it was awaiting "paint correction" -- I didn't see anything obvious that needed fixing but I didn't look that closely.

Attached are some pictures.
looks like light snow on the ground, but this Model X is equipped with summer high performance tires