Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla has the best charging network now, I am hoping for alternatives. In Florida, Tesla raised the price 3x in the past year to .34/kwh. At peak, even more. Competitive ChargePoint, and FPLEvolution are .30 kwh. As gas stations give us the ability to price shop, we need this in EV's too. Tesla got greedy, and as it approaches .50 kwh ICE has better arguments.

Granted home charging is the EV advantage but whether it is CCS or Tesla, home costs are the same but road trips with CCS are less costly, at least in my State.
Pricing: as of Dec 31, 2021

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
and unlike Europe BMW in USA doesn't have the same tier brand reputation of Mercedes and Audi, its like one tier below them
no matter what interior quality for sure would be better than Tesla MX however in terms of EV Brand value/reputation its also way behind of Tesla both in USA and Europe, the only significant advantage is if you keep the options minimal it can give approx. $20k savings comparison to MX price

• Funny
Reactions: SummitX
Hello. A very long time lurker (sorry if you know where this is going!), first time poster. Ordered Red with Black 5 seat MX Plaid on 05-August-2021. Changed to 6 seat configuration on 12-January-2022. EDD was TBD from the moment of original order last August until last week, when I received a VIN and an expected delivery window of 26-30 January. I am in Seattle.

Woke up to this... Getting ready

Ordered JUNE '21
Model X Plaid
Solid Black
22'' Turbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Six Seat Interior
Yoke Steering Wheel
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
Delivery keeps changing.. ugh, my MS is getting lonely

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220125-184454_Tesla.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220125-184454_Tesla.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 92
Hello. A very long time lurker (sorry if you know where this is going!), first time poster. Ordered Red with Black 5 seat MX Plaid on 05-August-2021. Changed to 6 seat configuration on 12-January-2022. EDD was TBD from the moment of original order last August until last week, when I received a VIN and an expected delivery window of 26-30 January. I am in Seattle.

Congrats.

I am so exhausted.

Last edited:
Funny enough, our second order for the MX was a 6-seater plaid that we placed before the price increase and it changed to Feb 4-21. Don’t know exactly when, but probably in the last week or two. Original MXLR 6-seat order still says March 2022. Located in NJ.

Attachments

• F91D5DBB-4B03-41AD-A701-8B16241E7392.jpeg
    F91D5DBB-4B03-41AD-A701-8B16241E7392.jpeg
    376 KB · Views: 63
I have had my X for almost 1 month and I love the yoke. Took me a few days to get use to it but now I love it. I think the only thing I don't like about it is horn placement.
Hello,
I have the MS Plaid and if you put your entire hand over the entire right side of the yolk, the horn will sound. Not quite as good as the center, but much better than hunting around for the horn button. Should be the same for the MX.
Im waiting for my MXP 7 seater call for the chance to change to the 6 seater. order placed 8/21, EDD 4/22.
cheers

Thanks for posting. I added your order to the spreadsheet. What size wheels and FSD or no?

Spoke with the Tesla guy over the phone today.

I should get a VIN match by Feb 5.
Then within 48 hours after that, they should finish with the car and ship it out (expedite) to the Ft Lauderdale store.

Hopefully, this is a piece of accurate information from the Tesla guy in Fremont.
Do you have a EDD date range now? I ordered same day and config is almost the same except black interior.