Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a 2017 Volvo XC90 T8i and it was a great car, comfortable, roomy but not a Tesla. Had some exhaust issues and the entire engine had to be taken out for the repair. Service was OKAY

We have had a 2020 M3 LR and it was great

Currently have a 2021 MY Performance and it's wonderful, I know the ride will be even smoother with our MX Plaid and we will use the Y as our normal every day car especially for scuba and SUP (have a roof rack on)

Are you thinking of Getting the Y and X you've ordered?
If it was me I would want those over your other options.

Our MX Plaid should be here sometime next week. we received a VIN last Monday with delivery window of 1/30 to 2/5.

Originally ordered 3/11/2020 Plaid 5 seat with 20" wheels, paid for the 6 seat upgrade last fall, removed FSD

I'm in Wellington, FL
MY order was a backup plan to our MX. With the rate of MX delivery, MY will most likely be ready before MX. So, we are trying to decide between MY, or the other option like X5, XC90, MDX, or GV80. After driving XC60 for a few months now we don't really mind getting another non-Tesla car. It was just night and day dealing with Volvo during our lease in Oct compared to Tesla.

On another note, we sold our home with Tesla solar. It's been a year and they still have not transferred the ownership to the buyer. The buyer still have no access to the app. This is after weekly/monthly calls, emails, etc.

Woke up to a VIN today for 2022 Model X Plaid Black/White. Received a text asking if I can pick up today. Still had to sell my 2018 Model X P100D and submitted for an appraisal. Was expecting $80k from Tesla and the quote came back at $94900. I am over the moon with that offer. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly with delivery.

Ordered 7/3/21
VIN 7SAXCBE69NF3315XX

So got a text my car is ready for delivery. Went from March to today. VIN in my account. For those that didn’t follow along I’m a pre fresh order holder, always 6seat. Saw this model X at reno store last week, they were having a hard time delivering it. Pretty sure it’s that one. I’ll go into it thinking it was a delivery decline for some reason.

Woke up to a VIN today for 2022 Model X Plaid Black/White. Received a text asking if I can pick up today. Still had to sell my 2018 Model X P100D and submitted for an appraisal. Was expecting $80k from Tesla and the quote came back at $94900. I am over the moon with that offer. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly with delivery.

Ordered 7/3/21
VIN 7SAXCBE69NF3315XX
Sudden pickup availability seems unusual. Rejected delivery?

Reactions: harryj
Well crap. My EDD just moved UP from April to 2/9-3/2. I still have 3 months left on my XC40 lease. My fear is getting an EOQ car so looking ok there. But if it slips I want to wait until April.
Their new rule is you can put it on 'hold' for up to 90 days. After that, they will drop it as if you declined. However, some members here have given an excuse every time they reach their deadline and if it's good enough, they've been able to get a small extension. But it's no longer indefinite.

I’m located in NJ. Stopped by my local Tesla store today after seeing my Plaid order change to 2/4-2/21. No vin yet, but they said to expect one within 7-10 days. They also said delivery would be 2 weeks from getting the VIN since that’s how long it takes to get the cars out there. They said they have delivered 6-8 refreshed MXs, but all LR and all in 2021. No refreshed deliveries this year so far. Push is on for Plaids right now, they don’t expect to see a lot of LRs coming through. We ordered the Plaid on 6/11/21 (6-seat), with only a “March 2022” date on our pre-refreshed MXLR order (always been a 6-seater).

I believe the original posted who got a VIN and the subsequent post were both Plaid
I only count 4 LR VINs issued since January 6th. Did I miss anyone?

Anonymous 1/13/22 NJ 1/27/2021 Black/Black

Slevit1md 1/16/22 OR 1/27/2021 White/white

Yliu7376 1/19/22 OR 2/3/2021 White/white

Mermaan 1/22/22 MA 2/9/2021 White/Cream
VIN 1/22/22 UT 8/12/2021 Plaid MSM/Black
Delivery date scheduled this morning for 1/29.

I’m located in NJ. Stopped by my local Tesla store today after seeing my Plaid order change to 2/4-2/21. No vin yet, but they said to expect one within 7-10 days. They also said delivery would be 2 weeks from getting the VIN since that’s how long it takes to get the cars out there. They said they have delivered 6-8 refreshed MXs, but all LR and all in 2021. No refreshed deliveries this year so far. Push is on for Plaids right now, they don’t expect to see a lot of LRs coming through. We ordered the Plaid on 6/11/21 (6-seat), with only a “March 2022” date on our pre-refreshed MXLR order (always been a 6-seater).
That sounds accurate from what we’ve experienced. Vin on 1/17/22 received text to schedule delivery today. Took first date and time available 2/4/22

Original plaid order was 3/11/21

Their new rule is you can put it on 'hold' for up to 90 days. After that, they will drop it as if you declined. However, some members here have given an excuse every time they reach their deadline and if it's good enough, they've been able to get a small extension. But it's no longer indefinite.
Thanks for the info. 90 days should be plenty.

It's funny. My EDD has been April since I ordered in September last year. I followed the "musical EDD" drama here with some amusement. Now that they are showing me dates my attitude has changed. Based on everyone else's experiences I expect my EDD will move around a fair amount.

Question for the other non-delivery states. When I ordered they listed my delivery as Kansas City. However, when we bought our 2018 MS they delivered it to our house. Will they do that for new cars too and KC is just a placeholder? Though I have to say I'm a little nervous about home delivery as it will be much harder to reject the car if it's sitting in my driveway and has some major flaw(s). Our 2018 was a service loaner so the car was as-is and it was in better shape than they told me. But I am also expecting greatness from my X.

Okay... Finally it happened, yesterday I accepted a delivery of 2022 Tesla Model X LR, 6 seats, White/Black, 20", No FSD.
  • 02/21/2021 - Ordered
  • 11/30/2021 - Received a VIN
  • 12/5/2021 - Scheduled delivery
  • 12/5/2021 - Delivery is postponed to TBD due to a failed inspection
  • almost 2 months of waiting and a lot of sugar that car will be ready tomorrow (every day is tomorrow)
  • They gave up on 2021 VIN and gave me a new one 2022 (which is incredibly good news)
  • 1/25/2022 09:00 - Received a new VIN
  • 1/25/2022 12:00 - Scheduled a delivery at 3:00pm
  • 1/25/2022 3:00 - Accepted a delivery
The car is great, well worth the wait. I want the best electric SUV on the market, and Model X is surely is.
However, the steering wheel is a joke terrible. This is probably the thing you need to get used (if it's possible to get used to it).
I came from Mercedes, so the interior is simple, like Honda Civic simple and I had to close my eyes for some scratches and imperfections.

The tech though... is unbeatable!
IMG_5117.jpg

Last edited: