Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4680 MYs to be delivered this quarter though. Some already been produced at Giga Texas and being tested, but they are confident to start deliveries soon. I just wanna know specs as I may just give up on the X.
Well, is the 4680 really a game changer at this point? Is the chemistry such that it's got a significant energy density improvements? I see it as a cost cutter for Tesla initially. Still on the fence about the structural battery.

Well, is the 4680 really a game changer at this point? Is the chemistry such that it's got a significant energy density improvements? I see it as a cost cutter for Tesla initially. Still on the fence about the structural battery.
No clue. But if it increases range by even 5%, it's winning for me. I've had it waiting for an MX.

That’s my guess. Holding out hope it was for financial reasons and not build quality.
Speaking of build quality, saw two refresh X at the lot in Portland today, one LR on Plaid, both has this weird tilt/angle on the top glass piece between the falcon wing doors. The right door rubber trim that covers the top was squished all the way down. Should have taken a pic, maybe tomorrow. Both FWD alignments were pretty okay though, but the top glass was ridiculous

I agree the front needs a nose job but the vehicle as a whole seems to be fully capable and versatile. I would be willing to put the Rivian off-road, but not so sure with the CyberTruck. I was wondering if there was going to be any serious mention of the CyberTruck today. Perhaps something might come out afterwards, but not really looking like it.
One big advantage to the Rivian as a truck is that it exists currently, the Cybertruck and my (and Stro) Model X do not.

Not sure things are so simple…

The “volunteer” will simply find a chaotic situation, with many piles of model X parts, and 100’s of completed model X’s with missing part or two.
When that “volunteer” inquired about the database with backlogged orders, he(she) will be amazed to find a large cylindrical spinner with folded reservation numbers and a prototype AI robot pulling the lucky “winners”.

And this, my friends, is the only logical explanation of what we have been witnessing at Tesla in the last 6 months or so
This makes sense to me except the AI robot put my RN back in the cylinder after a week. Maybe they saw I "liked" a Stro post? My Feb 7-28 date went back to Aug 2022. My five day 6 month bump was short lived but it did get me motivated to call a couple electricians for estimates on my garage charger.

If you live downhill from the Nikola factory you can probably order one of those too!
Does anybody actually order these things? Other than CEOs of GMs?*

I mean, long before Nikoliars were ratted out, it took me a few minutes of perusing to think their head honcho was full of it. How is Nikola even a company still? And fisker is really nice vaporware also.

I'm all for them actually producing EVs. They do have nice graphic designers. I think graphic design is cool. But seriously. is this scam central?
Do people *actually* get up and *go WORK* at Nikola and Fisker each day?

Or is it a complete hoax?
*aka people totally out of touch with reality

4680 is mainly to reduce battery cost. Tesla will first use it on CT. It does not matter to us and volume production will take a while.

This makes sense to me except the AI robot put my RN back in the cylinder after a week. Maybe they saw I "liked" a Stro post? My Feb 7-28 date went back to Aug 2022. My five day 6 month bump was short lived but it did get me motivated to call a couple electricians for estimates on my garage charger.
All kidding aside, I feel that we were given optimistic delivery windows just to keep us quiet.

How convenient is that Feb delivery windows disappeared right before the investors call?!?

Not “the machine” has a full quarter of protection from peasant questions.

Just got a response from my SA regarding sudden availability and he said client was out of state and not able to pick up in 3 day window. I was next in line. He also specifically said that it "Was not rejected for quality"
Yeah I had checked and they said it was not rejected. Still gonna fine tooth comb this. From the side I can see the lines looks good. I did see on the Roof where the back of the FWD comes together with the rear glass that the rubber is only halfway across. I don’t know if that is normal, seems like a weird thing to miss so my guess is it’s designed that way but maybe someone here knows or can take a picture of the back seem where the FWD and rear glass come together on the outside of the vehicle.

Hey guys

I just rented the Refresh Model X for a week so I can do some products for it (DYI wraps, PPFs, tints etc). I already have the Model S. Just posting here in case anyone has any questions about the refresh Model X (or S 🤷‍♂️) while waiting for delivery, I will be happy to answer them 👍

IMG_1461.jpeg

I agree the front needs a nose job but the vehicle as a whole seems to be fully capable and versatile. I would be willing to put the Rivian off-road, but not so sure with the CyberTruck. I was wondering if there was going to be any serious mention of the CyberTruck today. Perhaps something might come out afterwards, but not really looking like it.
I agree I am super impressed with what the rivian is capable of.. the one I saw was a lighter blue color I’m sure it would look much better in army green or that sandy yellow color

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I have the T sportline yoke replacement on my new Model S. Much more natural feel and easy U- turns. I can now drive with my hand at 12 O clock, I can see the whole instrument cluster if the steering wheel height is set correctly. I like it a little lower... I adjusted the height so that I can see most of the instrument cluster except for the posted speed at the top of the instrument cluster. I am keeping my old yoke in case I ever want to switch back to that.
The order page says that this replacement is not heated (i.e. the heated steering wheel functionality will no longer work). Is this true?

Great that’s who my current X is through! Maybe we will have the same pickup day and get to take some photos of our plaids together.. black and white will look great alongside one another! Mine will be getting color change wrapped immediately tho
that would be good. we shall see as we get closer. getting my clear PPF and ceramic at total detailing in pottstown. you?