Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read on FB of someone here taking an LR delivery identical to mine after “7 long months” of waiting. We live in the same city. This makes me so sad.

Quit reading FB and you will be happier. Without proof, I would not believe it.

Nope as I’m not a first time owner. This will be my third.

The other guy has bought four before.

Reactions: gglockner
hey gang - long time lurker, first time poster.

I was one of the lucky that had a 5 seat Plaid on order that got the call to move to the 6-seater free of charge. For those that also got this call - do you accurately see your original price on your account page? I noticed there's no longer a standalone line item for the 6-seater, as thats now included in the base Plaid config. However, that $6500 shifted back into the base config price, so its not exactly "free of charge" for me at the moment. A few calls into Tesla said theres an open ticket to readjust the price back to the original order, but its been a few days and im not seeing any updates.

I do have a VIN assigned as of last week, so trying to wrap up financing, but this extra $6500 lingering is giving me pause. The rep who called said to see this "adjusted 72 hours prior to delivery", but thats a kinda lame answer when you're trying to determine financed amount versus due at signing.

Anyone else go through this and have your original order pricing honored? Did that show up in your account accurately?

Reactions: GeorgeCostanza
If someone told me back in Feb that I would be here almost a year later, commenting on page 1000, I would have definitely just purchased another vehicle. Now I’m so deep down this rabbit hole, I can’t leave.
The fact that I account for 77/1000 pages makes me realize that I a) have too much spare time, b) need a new hobby, and c)I’m pathetically sad.

How is this even possible? They were definitely delivering cars well into late 2020. Plenty of 2021 pre-refresh cars out there from people who took delivery in fall/winter of 2020. I didn’t think the wait was that long at the time for one, but maybe some people kept getting delayed? Either way, that’s crazy you waited almost 2 years. Wow.
Been waiting sense October 2020 for our x 7 seat plaid and now found out there is jo 7 seat plaid 🤦‍♂️ what's next no 7 seat option and my wait was pointless

Reactions: TJPDX
Let’s steer back into the civil lane. We are all entitled to our opinions.

I owned a MSP for a while. Yoke was interesting, but I absolutely see the potential that it may be confusing in a situation requiring sudden wheel adjustment. It happened to me: car pulling out of a driveway, didn’t see me and I had to suddenly swerve. Normally, I’d honk and swerve. Both were awkward. I didn’t quite get to the horn. I was able to swerve, but I felt vulnerable.

I plan to keep an open mind and have fun with the yoke, but in my opinion, the accident concerns are legitimate. Regardless, we probably should try to not to taunt each other if our opinions differ.
I understand your concerns, but it all boils down to currency and efficiency in the vehicle you’re driving - and its a vehicle you made a decision to drive.

I am a pilot and have spent the last 7 years flying a Boeing. I recently decided to change fleets to an Airbus. The Boeing has a traditional yoke whereas the airbus has a sidestic like a video game which is wildly different than anything I have ever flown before, Im not saying its better or worse, its just different.

Same with the Tesla. The yoke is different, for sure. I haven’t driven one with a yoke (yet) but just like with anything else in life, we will need to get used to it and become comfortable. There will definitely be a bit of a learning curve but the threat of accidents can easily be mitigated by easing into it. It might not be best to start with a trip around your neighborhood before diving head first into rush hour traffic in a major city. Just my .02.

Page 1,000: 974 pages and 19,473 posts since my first post in this thread, I got my Model X!

20220129_122133.jpg

The yoke is different, for sure. I haven’t driven one with a yoke (yet) but just like with anything else in life, we will need to get used to it and become comfortable. There will definitely be a bit of a learning curve but the threat of accidents can easily be mitigated by easing into it. It might not be best to start with a trip around your neighborhood before diving head first into rush hour traffic in a major city. Just my .02.
That's outrageous because, according to some, the yoke is inherently dangerous and you'll be putting the lives of your neighbors at risk. Better to use it on nameless strangers in rush hour traffic when the killing spree starts.

• Funny
Reactions: EV3_ and Stro