Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does the “complete payment” step work leading up to delivery?

I got the VIN and delivery appt yesterday but the option to complete payment is still not selectable in the app. Delivery is tomorrow so my questions are:

1) When does the complete payment option become available?
2) If paying with a loan through Tesla, how does the down payment work? Is it ACH on the day of? Credit card? Wire?

Reactions: mr-dmitry
No sign. I pushed down and was thinking it would at least have a little give or click but nothing.
Bumpers match
The FWD seal trim was good. It was bumpy on one door but I could just move it with my finger and it smoothed everything out.
Thanks. I'm betting my incoming VIN will be the same with regards to the airbag horn. Hopefully they'll offer us a retrofit at some point.

I got the VIN and delivery appt yesterday but the option to complete payment is still not selectable in the app. Delivery is tomorrow so my questions are:

2) If paying with a loan through Tesla, how does the down payment work? Is it ACH on the day of? Credit card? Wire?

My option became available after talking to someone about finalizing payment method. If you have cash due, there will be an option to pay in the app via the plaid payment system.

Reactions: AFBruin
Throttle House Model X Plaid Review

This is probably my favorite review so far! Yet I couldn't help but to be a little irked by the fact that I should have my own by now hah.

A few interesting times from this video I wanted to point out.
- 7:30, 9:08 - "it looks just like a Tesla Model Y. I think its lacking a bit of identity" - I absolutely agree. To the untrained eye from the exterior it is difficult to tell the X from the Y yet the X is almost double the cost. To the trained eye (us) yes it is obviously worth the extra $.
- 12:24 - "there was more design to the doors in the previous Model X"
- 14:30 - Fit and finish issues. Just pointing this out 🤷‍♂️

If you are getting a loan through Tesla financing, you have to have accepted the loan terms in your account. Once those are accepted the payment options for down payment etc should be available in the app, and you can link your bank account.

Reactions: AFBruin
Anyone here taken ownership of a blue one yet? Plaid or LR? I feel like all the ones I’m seeing confirmed are white, black, and red.

You can look at the second visual ("2 of 9" selector at the bottom) on this page and play with LR vs Plaid and all the other details. Looks like in our community, all Blue LR's delivered have been with black interior.

1643558714134.png

You can look at the second visual ("2 of 9" selector at the bottom) on this page and play with LR vs Plaid and all the other details. Looks like in our community, all Blue LR's delivered have been with black interior.
It would be nice if that Power Bi also included VInned and not just Delivered and Not Delivered. It seems people are more likely to update the VIN status than the delivery status (since they are too busy driving it...)

Reactions: zapparino