Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys... Help me decide on FSD... Do I cancel it or keep it, paid 10k for it. Picking up MX on Wednesday, haven't paid for it yet.

I've never used it on MS yet due to beta waiting game but I did use auto park, summon and auto lane change, which is nice but I don't think it's worth extra costs..
Without question, I would cancel it. Autopilot is sufficient or you can subscribe for $199mo when it is finally ready or you want to play with it. Also, most of the fun is driving the car yourself. You probably won't trust it enough to give the system full control anyway and, technically, if something happens while in FSD you are at fault. Not worth it.

Without question, I would cancel it. Autopilot is sufficient or you can subscribe for $199mo when it is finally ready or you want to play with it. Also, most of the fun is driving the car yourself. You probably won't trust it enough to give the system full control anyway and, technically, if something happens while in FSD you are at fault. Not worth it.
I second this. I have beta FSD right now and it's not worth 10-12K. I paid 2K back in the day. It is worth that.

Agree with this. The reality is that FSD requires more attention than AP now. I prefer just using AP.

Just got back from picking up my MX Plaid and delivery was smooth as silk. I was in and out in less than a half an hour. I did a through inspection of the entire car and everything looked perfect. Only thing missing according to the SA was aero inserts for the wheels which I don't recall the Plaids having. In any regard, the SA made a service appointment for me to get whatever was missing. There is a small scratch inside the pass falcon wing door (See pic) that is no big deal and can easily be touched up.

I drove it a measly 7 miles directly to the shop to get a full wrap and tint. I did immediately look for the top of the steering wheel to make a left turn out of the dealer center and grabbed onto nothing LOL. That will take some getting used to as well as the turn signals but I should be able to adapt fairly quickly.

Overall super happy with the delivery and now I have to wait another full week before I go back to pick up the car from the shop. Enjoy these pics and to all those still waiting, hang in there. It will be 100% worth the wait.

View attachment 762603View attachment 762604View attachment 762606View attachment 762607View attachment 762608View attachment 762609
Thats the color combo I got, this is like candy for my eyes right now as Tesla tortures me... Thank you so much, you are doing a great service for the mental patients in here.

Hi All, I am trying to edit my MX design from 7 seat to 6. Tesla design studio is not showing any edit options but just view design details. Anyone knows where can I edit it or Do I have to call SA to get it done.
You should be able to edit if you copy, paste, update this link to your web browser. Put your RN at the end tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN########

At least it used to work. Don't have an active order currently to test.

• Informative
Reactions: Zygote1975 and Stro
Are you asking about the advantage of a yoke or are you asking about the advantage of complaining about something that isn't going to change?

... or the advantage of complaining about something that has been answered but not an answer on the preapproved list of responses. It is a trick question because there will not be an acceptable answer to them.

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Agree with this. The reality is that FSD requires more attention than AP now. I prefer just using AP.
Yes, but FSD is gaining big time. I am now relaxing as opposed to the panic wheel gripping, while using FSD Beta on the way harder city streets as it continually gets better, even between software upgrades. For the first time, I want the Beta stack to 'rule them all' and take over the NOA freeway stack. The potential it is showing right now is that good.

Guys... Help me decide on FSD... Do I cancel it or keep it, paid 10k for it. Picking up MX on Wednesday, haven't paid for it yet.

I've never used it on MS yet due to beta waiting game but I did use auto park, summon and auto lane change, which is nice but I don't think it's worth extra costs..

I like the FSD package (but then again I like the yoke a lot so take that into account).

If you can afford it - meaning you will not miss the money for something more life critical - then I say go for it. I like it and use it often but most of my driving is highway and the NOA works well for me. As a true investment at this stage of FSD, I do not see it as a good one.