Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @MDMX ,

The missing part in your trailer hitch package is a funny looking
plastic plug that closes the tapered hole in your Model X
where the cone shaped nose of the trailer hitch receiver fits...

It keeps out dust, dirt, water, and other stuff to keep the taper clean...

It is probably installed in your car now.
You will see it if you remove the plate that covers the hitch.

Shawn

Hi @MDMX ,

The missing part in your trailer hitch package is a funny looking
plastic plug that closes the tapered hole in your Model X
where the cone shaped nose of the trailer hitch receiver fits...

It keeps out dust, dirt, water, and other stuff to keep the taper clean...

It is probably installed in your car now.
You will see it if you remove the plate that covers the hitch.

Shawn
This is answered every 40 pages or so and then is lost to the annals of the thread elders. Thank you for answering it again :).

Reactions: TrevTremaine
If anyone thinks FSD should be done and perfect, I'd love for them to point to the car make that has it. Oh yeah, right...
It's an immensely hard problem to solve, so the fact it isn't solved isn't surprising and is also ok. The problem is other OEMs aren't making it an annual thing to say specifically "full autonomy (L5) will be here by the end of the year" for ~5 years running. Market it properly or set realistic expectations about (1) the state of FSD and (2) the timeline so customers know what they're getting (and not getting) and by when.

Two refresh MXs (White) being unloaded at Rockville MD today (Jan 31). One is LR (over the cab) and one is Plaid (on the back). Just happened to be driving by and saw the transporter pull in.
...I may have gone back afterhours to get the VINs just to see the model year (both 2022), don't judge me!

For privacy, 'XX'ing the last digits:
Plaid: 7SAXCBE62NF3316XX
LR: 7SAXCBE54NF3316XX

You purchase the car then sue.
I'm also not a lawyer...but counterargument is that you already know that Tesla is denying the 6,500 credit because people knowingly agreed to the extra $6,500 based on the promise of a december delivery. If you are unhappy about not receiving it by the December promise, it is your option to skip delivery and get back your $100.

In this instance, the displeasure is that others got the 'upgrade' for free without spending the $6,500. Legally, I'm not sure how it is Tesla's legal obligation to do so.

Is it the right thing to do from a customer service perspective? Yes, but once you take delivery, I don't see how you have any recourse.

It is likely already documented that you know people got the discount, you know you didn't get it by the promised December date, you know that taking delivery you will essentially agree to the $6,500 charge.

You have the option to cancel the order, so taking delivery and then suing in small claims I would imagine there is no case.

BUT, someone else mentioned that Tesla didn't even show up to small claims court. So it still may be worth the shot...

Reactions: FLScubaLife
Well I got a VIN for my MX Plaid last Wednesday (1/26). At the time I had a March EDD. Already in an email exchange with SA re: $6500 for 5->6 seat free upgrade still showing up on my order. Got a phone call from them the week prior.

Next day (Thursday 1/27) I get a phone call from Tesla nudging me to complete my delivery tasks. Was waiting on completing the finance piece until it was clear if that $6500 should come out of the financed amount or the due at signing amount. Originally had Corte Madera (Marin County, Bay Area) as my delivery location, bus asked if I could pick up at Fremont (Did a Volvo overseas delivery on my XC90, so on a streak of picking up cars from their respective factories). Dude on the phone said the car was already in Corte Madera and that they would be delivering it to me (20 mins south of Corte Madera in San Francisco). Guy said he could put a request in for pickup from Corte Madera service center. Drove up there later that night and saw the vehicle on the lot in Corte Madera. Looked good!

Saturday I say the hell with it and submit financing application. get approved no problem. Filled out all Tesla Insurance items as well. All tasks done except for scheduling delivery/pickup, and thats when I notice thats nowhere to be found on my account, and also notice the VIN disappeared. Still have an EDD of January 31-Feb 3 in my Account right now, but no current VIN assigned.

Anyone have this happen? Wonder if there was something up with the vehicle? or they give it to someone else?

Well I got a VIN for my MX Plaid last Wednesday (1/26). At the time I had a March EDD. Already in an email exchange with SA re: $6500 for 5->6 seat free upgrade still showing up on my order. Got a phone call from them the week prior.

Next day (Thursday 1/27) I get a phone call from Tesla nudging me to complete my delivery tasks. Was waiting on completing the finance piece until it was clear if that $6500 should come out of the financed amount or the due at signing amount. Originally had Corte Madera (Marin County, Bay Area) as my delivery location, bus asked if I could pick up at Fremont (Did a Volvo overseas delivery on my XC90, so on a streak of picking up cars from their respective factories). Dude on the phone said the car was already in Corte Madera and that they would be delivering it to me (20 mins south of Corte Madera in San Francisco). Guy said he could put a request in for pickup from Corte Madera service center. Drove up there later that night and saw the vehicle on the lot in Corte Madera. Looked good!

Saturday I say the hell with it and submit financing application. get approved no problem. Filled out all Tesla Insurance items as well. All tasks done except for scheduling delivery/pickup, and thats when I notice thats nowhere to be found on my account, and also notice the VIN disappeared. Still have an EDD of January 31-Feb 3 in my Account right now, but no current VIN assigned.

Anyone have this happen? Wonder if there was something up with the vehicle? or they give it to someone else?

Worth adding - got lowballed on my Tesla trade in offer for the XC90, so quickly got appraisals from Shift, Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax. Ended up selling on Friday to Shift, and needed a day or two for funds to settle before I could finalize payment

Reactions: MxTaycan
View attachment 762896

Wellll, I’m in love. It’s probably because this is my first Tesla, but I haven’t been able to find any issues with it….yet.

I put it in drag strip mode and launched it twice. It’s spooky fast. I love it.

Thank you everyone for the mental support over the past year. This group has been such a great help.
Congrats! Did you happen to see any other Model X's at the Irvine location?

er plaids - that’s what is being made now

So when/what does the $6,500 come out of? Did you figure that out?

It's an immensely hard problem to solve, so the fact it isn't solved isn't surprising and is also ok. The problem is other OEMs aren't making it an annual thing to say specifically "full autonomy (L5) will be here by the end of the year" for ~5 years running. Market it properly or set realistic expectations about (1) the state of FSD and (2) the timeline so customers know what they're getting (and not getting) and by when.
There *is* no way to predict how long it will take to solve a problem of unknown complexity that no one has solved before. But hold that thought right there…

Because it’s not fair to be like “we have no idea when we’ll solve it” because you make a couple great steps and it looks like everything is going unbelievably perfectly and OBVIOUSLY the end is in sight… until you hit another roadblock and have to go back to First Principles to deal with THAT… and over and over again.

So yeah I love Elon, but it’s objective love. Like, he’s been correct all along. It was about to be solved. And then it was about to be solved. And then dammit it was DEFINITELY about to be solved. Etc.

If you try making stuff or doing stuff on your own, not just following a set of directions, this ought to be a common experience for you. IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: ironwill96
Thanks for the great info you've shared. How far would you say your actual range is from full? And how have you fared with the yoke/buttons?
Haven’t figured out mileage yet. Only have 300 miles on it. Had it for 1.5 days and then had to go on a business trip. Will do some range stuff later this week. I really like the yoke as it puts me in a good driving position and there are multiple hand positions that are comfortable. Blinkers take a little getting use to but not crazy. My horn works by covering all the buttons on the right with my palm. I haven’t had any issues with turns, u-turns, 3 pt turns. It’s cool.

Reactions: Zygote1975
View attachment 762896

Wellll, I’m in love. It’s probably because this is my first Tesla, but I haven’t been able to find any issues with it….yet.

I put it in drag strip mode and launched it twice. It’s spooky fast. I love it.

Thank you everyone for the mental support over the past year. This group has been such a great help.
You think you’re just going to leave like that?
No. Nah uh.
We need more pics and questions answered.

Guys! I'm over the moon right now.

This morning, I got a call from Tesla (415 area code) while I was in the courtroom (Jury Duty)...He left a message and I called him back around 5:30 pm (EST).
He updated me that I was VIN matched on Jan 29, 2022, and my car has now left the factory today heading for the rail yard to East Coast.
This time he made it clear and confident that it is impossible to unmatch the VIN and more than 5 people are looking at this VIN process.

I feel like a Tesla VIP right now. (After the VIN yanking fiasco on Nov 30, 2021).

I wish we all get our cars soon especially those who ordered early last year.
Hi Peter - do you mind sharing that 415 number?