Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My April 2021 MXL(white/black,6,20”,fsd) order shows March 2022, today I got a call from Tesla, he asked me if I can accept delivery this week, I said yes, and he signed me the vin, and my Edd changes to February 2, I can go to pick up my new mx tomorrow! I just complained about Tesla minutes before I got the call, haha, and now I’m so excited!
Congratulations! At this point I'd be willing to pick up my X at Fremont and drive it back to Atlanta.

Flight Attendant: So what brings you to San Francisco? Family?
ME: BUSINESS! (walks off plane)

My April 2021 MXL(white/black,6,20”,fsd) order shows March 2022, today I got a call from Tesla, he asked me if I can accept delivery this week, I said yes, and he signed me the vin, and my Edd changes to February 2, I can go to pick up my new mx tomorrow! I just complained about Tesla minutes before I got the call, haha, and now I’m so excited!
Congrats, so the EDD don't mean anything until they reach out to you first?

Reactions: Elixir
Congrats, so the EDD don't mean anything until they reach out to you first?
Yes, I think so. I believe there’s someone who can’t pick up his/her car, so the sale called me. Last week I went to Tesla, talked with a guy, he said he put me in the wishlist when someone who can’t pick up his car then he can call me. And he said they only call the customer who in the list, so if you can, go to Tesla, let them put you in the wishlist.

• Informative
Reactions: Empty tank
VIN’d 1/4

Called 1/5, said car was in final stages of inspection. Will be ready for delivery within next couple of days.

EDD 1/19-1/23, then updated EDD every day until Tuesday of last week.

Got text to schedule delivery. Shifted schedule and a planned trip around to make sure I’m available.

Delivery scheduled for 1/29.

Paid in full 1/28 after receiving text stating car is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning and will get a text when on its way.

Received text 2 hours later stating scheduled prematurely and car is still in inspection. “Can’t cancel or reverse payment otherwise it will cancel order”

Called today and said “car is still not ready, possibly in a few days, can’t see much information”

Why even assign a VIN to me?

They won't send an attorney and there really isn't any grounds here. Just because they gave discounts to some doesn't mean they have to give those discounts to everyone. Tesla won't send an Attorney. Even if Tesla doesn't send a body, the judge won't necessarily automatically award the plaintiff because the dependent was a no show. The plaintiff still has to make the case and present evidence supporting their side.

Can you imagine what would happen? You should up with a bunch of forum posts showing how other supposed buyers were told by Tesla that they'd be upgraded for free. Yet the plaintiff themselves have no such offer in writing. Instead, all they have is a contract that shows what they will get and how much it will cost. How do you think the judge will rule?
I have no idea how a judge will rule. I haven't given legal advice but it reads like you are providing legal advice? I just stated what I would do. And maybe, the person upset about $6500 will have an affidavit from someone who had the money waived. Or maybe they bring in someone to testify? Or maybe the judge is sympathetic to dozens of social media posts on this? Or maybe the person can document other things? Maybe the judge owns a Tesla and was not pleased with Tesla? Maybe maybe maybe.

You provided your legal advice but acknowledge "the judge won't necessarily automatically award", but maybe they will. Courts are maybes every day, no guarantees, right? For $6500 I would spend about $100 of my money to get my day in court. Its a good maybe bet isn't it? That's the USA legal system and I appreciate it. Sometimes the little guy/gal wins.

I just received a text from Tesla (below). This is my first contact since ordering in August. My original EDD was April 2022. Recently it went to Feb 3 - Feb 24. Accepting delivery in April was strategic on my part due to my wanting to pay cash for the car and April is when enough of my finances will be liquid. Paying cash is just a thing for me. I'm a Controller in my day job, so I understand the advantages of financing at a lower rate and investing with higher returns. It's just not for me personally and I have done well by following this. My current car is a 2010 Honda Pilot with 216,000 miles., so I'm dying to upgrade, but not if it means financing. Unfortunately, I had to push my delivery to April, which was my original EDD. Tesla was very accommodating and put a hold on my order until 3/20/22.

Attachments

• 968E1D0D-3920-4F4B-89EF-9802C3D55BA4.jpeg
    968E1D0D-3920-4F4B-89EF-9802C3D55BA4.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 2318939E-7C0C-43F4-AE7A-8544CE1C3803.png
    2318939E-7C0C-43F4-AE7A-8544CE1C3803.png
    561.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Both. Every year or two I was having to stop by the CHP for inspection. To me it was worth it.
Yeah, people don't seem to understand that some municipalities write such tickets as part of their "services". Yes, it's a fixit ticket but it's still possible to get one without necessarily being pulled over.

I got one in our last X, and I was more than happy to receive it. Because I was actually pulled over for excessive speed. But he only gave me the missing front plate ticket (which I subsequently handled with SnapPlate). My wife, two daughters, and the dog were all in the car. Pretty sure that's why he gave me a pass. It didn't teach me not to speed, but it did finally teach me the benefit of having a wife, two daughters, and a dog.

This just proves my point! All the guys that are on here are ordering Plaids and then telling everyone "it's for the Wife... "

Wife thinks she is getting a nice SUV, all of the husbands are thinking that they are getting their dream rocketship that they have been wanting since High School....

This is outrageous! What's next? ... Wife realizes that husband snuck something pass her when she finally drives the rocketship (the baby in the back seat gets whiplash.... ) , goes out and picks up a pair of Diamond Earrings as retribution????

😁😁😁
Hey now, I AM the wife, and I know exactly what I’m getting! My husband can drive the car when I’m on travel. I actually chose an LR rather than the plaid due to range and I know the LR will be a rocket. Honestly didn’t think I would enjoy the plaid 20K more. With all the plaid deliveries taking place right now I’m having some remorse.

I have no idea how a judge will rule. I haven't given legal advice but it reads like you are providing legal advice? I just stated what I would do. And maybe, the person upset about $6500 will have an affidavit from someone who had the money waived. Or maybe they bring in someone to testify? Or maybe the judge is sympathetic to dozens of social media posts on this? Or maybe the person can document other things? Maybe the judge owns a Tesla and was not pleased with Tesla? Maybe maybe maybe.

You provided your legal advice but acknowledge "the judge won't necessarily automatically award", but maybe they will. Courts are maybes every day, no guarantees, right? For $6500 I would spend about $100 of my money to get my day in court. Its a good maybe bet isn't it? That's the USA legal system and I appreciate it. Sometimes the little guy/gal wins.

I didn't say the judge wouldn't summarily rule in the plaintiffs favor. I just said don't count on an automatic victory just because Tesla doesn't send anyone....if they don't send anyone.

Whether or not the plaintiff can prove that Tesla waved the $6500 for others has no bearing.