Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my experiment seems to be yielding positive results. My Plaid order that I placed 3 days ago on 1/29/22 has updated EDD from October 2022 to February 18 - March 8. Still no love for my LR.

Original order:
October 19, 2020/LR/Blue/White/6/20/FSD
EDD March

New order:
January 29, 2022/Plaid/Blue/White/6/22/No FSD
EDD February 18 - March 8

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery
Not to ruin your thunder or anything but I did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. EDD for MX Plaid changed from October 2022 to Feb 18th and then back to October 2022 after a week.

Original Order:
Feb 2021, MX LR, 6 seats
EDD March 2022

New Order:
Jan 17, 2022, MX Plaid, 6 seats
EDD: October 2022, then changed to Feb 18 3 days later and then back to October 2022 a week later.

That's where mine is at.. small world. They were bit busy in afternoon, lots of folks test driving M3 and MY
Even smaller world... I too am picking up my X tomorrow at Renton.

I hope it's not snowing, because I would rather not be testing the Plaid power/torque with the high performance summer tires in those conditions.

Also, I haven't paid yet. I assume I could do ACH transfer while at the store. My credit union deposited the loan amount in my account already. This is new to me, because in the past I had paid using wire transfer for the S, and with a personal check for the 3.

... I have a delivery window of Feb 2-23. Curious to see what will happen tomorrow since I do not have a VIN yet. LR/ Houston
My EDD is this as well.. No VIN and if this EDD is like the model S’s then EDDs don’t matter until you get a two week window.. but who knows. Gonna call my SA tomorrow to get some insight..
Took a few days off, and wow, 30 pages. Anyone want to give me Cliff Notes? @Stro, still saddled up at the bar?
Same.. and legit first thing I thought of was “I wonder if @Stro is a VINer yet?” I wonder if they have started delivering LR’s again?
I knew that I’d read people who ordered way after me/weren’t on the PrIoRiTy QuEue received VINs before me.
Taking a break was good for my other habits/hobbies that I enjoy, but I gotta say I miss being a psycho with all of y’all.
Glad to come back to my TMC home the way I left it.
Now where’s my VIN!

VIN’d 1/4

Called 1/5, said car was in final stages of inspection. Will be ready for delivery within next couple of days.

EDD 1/19-1/23, then updated EDD every day until Tuesday of last week.

Got text to schedule delivery. Shifted schedule and a planned trip around to make sure I’m available.

Delivery scheduled for 1/29.

Paid in full 1/28 after receiving text stating car is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning and will get a text when on its way.

Received text 2 hours later stating scheduled prematurely and car is still in inspection. “Can’t cancel or reverse payment otherwise it will cancel order”

Called today and said “car is still not ready, possibly in a few days, can’t see much information”

Why even assign a VIN to me?
Sounds like what happened to me. Ended up getting the car after a week after.

Reactions: Miyakudude
What option do you have? You could change to LR like I did after getting the call. 6 seats just doesn’t work for us.
But then you get current pricing, 105k for LR. 15k more for plaid performance, totally worth it to me.

I drove the 2020 X and X Performance right before ordering (wow, it's been well over a year since ordering..) and even the Performance model just didn't tickle the speed itch quite enough. I picked up a Y Performance at the end of last year to hold me over and really wish they would just make a Plaid Y...

Hey now, I AM the wife, and I know exactly what I’m getting! My husband can drive the car when I’m on travel. I actually chose an LR rather than the plaid due to range and I know the LR will be a rocket. Honestly didn’t think I would enjoy the plaid 20K more. With all the plaid deliveries taking place right now I’m having some remorse.
More Proof !!! Wife has good sense to order LR....

Hang tough! The LR is the better choice for the reasons you said, plus a smoother ride...

Reactions: artbyfire
Well I got a VIN for my MX Plaid last Wednesday (1/26). At the time I had a March EDD. Already in an email exchange with SA re: $6500 for 5->6 seat free upgrade still showing up on my order. Got a phone call from them the week prior.

Next day (Thursday 1/27) I get a phone call from Tesla nudging me to complete my delivery tasks. Was waiting on completing the finance piece until it was clear if that $6500 should come out of the financed amount or the due at signing amount. Originally had Corte Madera (Marin County, Bay Area) as my delivery location, bus asked if I could pick up at Fremont (Did a Volvo overseas delivery on my XC90, so on a streak of picking up cars from their respective factories). Dude on the phone said the car was already in Corte Madera and that they would be delivering it to me (20 mins south of Corte Madera in San Francisco). Guy said he could put a request in for pickup from Corte Madera service center. Drove up there later that night and saw the vehicle on the lot in Corte Madera. Looked good!

Saturday I say the hell with it and submit financing application. get approved no problem. Filled out all Tesla Insurance items as well. All tasks done except for scheduling delivery/pickup, and thats when I notice thats nowhere to be found on my account, and also notice the VIN disappeared. Still have an EDD of January 31-Feb 3 in my Account right now, but no current VIN assigned.

Anyone have this happen? Wonder if there was something up with the vehicle? or they give it to someone else?
alright fellow lunatics - need some help. Texted back the same number that pinged me a week ago saying I had a VIN. thought it was a system message - turned out i got a response. I said i had a VIN, it disappeared, but I still have an EDD of this week (Feb 1-5). Person said it looks like the vehicle was released, and asked if i was wanting to take delivery this week. Have some travel planned thursday afternoon through the weekend so asked if Monday could work.

Person said the vehicle I was matched with was still sitting at Corte Madera with no new owner. Was told I could be rematched back to this vehicle, but they could only hold it until Saturday, and that I would have to pick up by Saturday at the latest. Otherwise I would need a new VIN and might get that in March.

This seem odd to anyone? Like is this vehicle bad or something? I have a very tight window that I could potentially get the car on Thursday, but dont want to sprint through the delivery process. Took a peek at the car on the lot, and looked like driver door alignment was off a bit, and hopefully they could fix at the SC (car had not been prepped yet at the SC - looked filthy from sitting in Fremont).

Is the general consensus that you should do delivery at a SC versus at home delivery? Home delivery feels like a way they can dump a vehicle - lower likelihood you'll refuse delivery if its already in your driveway.

This is the law in California. The front license plate is required.
I’ve had a Tesla for over 6 years now, always in states that required a front license plate (Ohio and Oregon), and I’ve never installed one. Been pulled over a few times, but have yet to have a cop say a thing about the lack of a front plate. I think they get that the car is too beautiful to ruin with a front plate. If they eventually decide to ticket me over it, I’ll pay it and continue to not use a front plate.

Or, “I’m in the final stages of payment”. 😀
“My payment has an Estimated Payment Date (EPD) of … some future date.”

NOTE: The EPD does not create any obligation on the part of the buyer to actually make a payment on the EPD and is only an estimated payment date. Therefore if payment is not made at that time, there can be no considered breach of contract and Tesla shall still be obligated to fulfill its obligations to deliver the vehicle under the agreement without actual payment.

So it's official that order of placing order doesn't mean squat now? Especially if you have 7 seater?
It’s official that no 5/7 seaters have been delivered so the order means nothing for us. Also almost exclusively plaids for the past couple of months which is normal with tesla. It was weird starting out that LR deliveries started first as that is not the Tesla way.

Reactions: TJPDX
alright fellow lunatics - need some help. Texted back the same number that pinged me a week ago saying I had a VIN. thought it was a system message - turned out i got a response. I said i had a VIN, it disappeared, but I still have an EDD of this week (Feb 1-5). Person said it looks like the vehicle was released, and asked if i was wanting to take delivery this week. Have some travel planned thursday afternoon through the weekend so asked if Monday could work.

Person said the vehicle I was matched with was still sitting at Corte Madera with no new owner. Was told I could be rematched back to this vehicle, but they could only hold it until Saturday, and that I would have to pick up by Saturday at the latest. Otherwise I would need a new VIN and might get that in March.

This seem odd to anyone? Like is this vehicle bad or something? I have a very tight window that I could potentially get the car on Thursday, but dont want to sprint through the delivery process. Took a peek at the car on the lot, and looked like driver door alignment was off a bit, and hopefully they could fix at the SC (car had not been prepped yet at the SC - looked filthy from sitting in Fremont).

Is the general consensus that you should do delivery at a SC versus at home delivery? Home delivery feels like a way they can dump a vehicle - lower likelihood you'll refuse delivery if its already in your driveway.
🤷‍♂️- could simply be a case of someone couldn't get their financing arranged or was rejected or simply wants to delay - who knows. As a cautionary note, it's probably best if you have concerns to do delivery at the SC and do a thorough inspection - bring a flashlight to look where it's dark along with a checklist (just in case). You can ask what happened to the original client when you see them and get a better picture of whether they're telling you the truth.

Good luck!