Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy birthday everyone! A big shoutout to @Tiger for starting this thread 1 year ago, today.

It has been a pleasure meeting and conversing with you all šŸ˜„

1643808677823.png

Here's to the next 365 days of waiting šŸ˜…

I ordered my LR MX 5 seater on Nov 30 2020. I assume Iā€™m never getting it. Since they have announced that they arenā€™t producing 5 seat plaids, can someone think of a series of events in which the 5 seat LR MXā€˜s get produced this year, if at all? My EDD changes from March to TBD about 3 weeks ago.

I ordered my LR MX 5 seater on Nov 30 2020. I assume Iā€™m never getting it. Since they have announced that they arenā€™t producing 5 seat plaids, can someone think of a series of events in which the 5 seat LR MXā€˜s get produced this year, if at all? My EDD changes from March to TBD about 3 weeks ago.
They told me earlier this week to expect a call from my SA on my 5 seat LR MX. It sounds like they might be telling all of us 5/7 seaters that we have to switch to 6 or cancel. I havenā€™t gotten the call yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Lozzy and Elixir
I hope not, Iā€™ll cancel my order if the 6 seat is the only option. My dog canā€™t lay across bucket seats.
We ordered the 6 seats because the floor between the seats usually gives more room and a more stable surface for our pups to lay on. Not able to use a seat belt to strap them in though, although i guess we could use the 3rd row bench if we wanted to do that.

Another day. Another day stuck at March 2022
Another way of looking at it is at least you didnt get pushed back to April yet! We are in the same boat with our 6 seat LR. Everything go smooth with your sale of the plaid? Iā€™m leaning towards doing what you did with our plaid that has a supposed Feb 4-21st EDD, but only if we know we can get the LR in the next few months.

My original EDD was May 2021 and I made sure to get my tesla wall charger installed prior to "delivery". Now that my tesla wall charger is approaching it's 1 year birthday and has never been used, I think Tesla's plan in giving us these ridiculously inaccurate delivery estimates is to sell more chargers. I don't even know if mine works. Probably not even in warranty anymore.
For what itā€™s worth, I thought mine may not work too. First day home though, I brought it next to my charger port, pressed the button on the handle and boom, the charge port opened like a charm. Charging started perfectly. It was shocking actually āš”šŸ˜‚

Hi you guys, almost hate to post but I am suddenly a viner for my Plaid ordered July 2021 .Iā€™ve been off the forum for a couple weeks since I canā€™t seem to keep up with all the postings unless I do it every day. I ordered 5 seats but got the call that I was getting a six seater like it or not. I posted that conversation with Fremont. 7SAXCBE67NF3318xx. Black ,white , 20ā€ . Suddenly I am supposed to make a delivery appt immediately as I guess they forgot to tell me until it was on the truck to Austinā€¦..Unfortunately Iā€™m going out of the country today for 3 weeks so as usual everything Tesla does is some kind of disaster for me, even delivering my ā€œMarch ā€œ car early. Iā€™m sure they will be happy to screw me out of it if I canā€™t figure out how to take delivery.
I will try and post how great they are going to be about accommodating my needs and not theirsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Had the 3 prior for 3 years and i never put the front license plate and im not going to with this one. The fact that i have to drill into the bumper makes me cringe
I'm taking delivery of my X Plaid on Saturday. I contacted the dealer to tell them not to drill holes.
I was told not to worry as they no longer drill holes in the front bumpers. I donā€™t know if this is specific dealer policy or company policy. I'll find out Saturday.

Another way of looking at it is at least you didnt get pushed back to April yet! We are in the same boat with our 6 seat LR. Everything go smooth with your sale of the plaid? Iā€™m leaning towards doing what you did with our plaid that has a supposed Feb 4-21st EDD, but only if we know we can get the LR in the next few months.
We are meeting to do the delivery in about a week so everything is so far so good. I'm excited for the buyer to be able to get his Plaid and avoid the crazy waiting.

• Love
Reactions: bhramabull
I expect the 5 seater before the 7 seater. This assumption is based on the supply chain limitation being something with the bench seats and so if you have a limited number of bench seats you are of course going to sell 5 seaters to boost profit margin and operating leverage. If I get a call to switch to 5 seater from 7 I will certainly take it.

Reactions: JBTMX
I searched for Model X delivery checklists and found a really good old one by Falcon Fuel. Have I missed an updated one for the refresh models? I seem to remember one 500 pages ago but canā€™t find it. Any help would be appreciated because I may have to accept this thing from 7000 mileā€™s awayā€¦ā€¦..Crap

Hi you guys, almost hate to post but I am suddenly a viner for my Plaid ordered July 2021 .Iā€™ve been off the forum for a couple weeks since I canā€™t seem to keep up with all the postings unless I do it every day. I ordered 5 seats but got the call that I was getting a six seater like it or not. I posted that conversation with Fremont. 7SAXCBE67NF3318xx. Black ,white , 20ā€ . Suddenly I am supposed to make a delivery appt immediately as I guess they forgot to tell me until it was on the truck to Austinā€¦..Unfortunately Iā€™m going out of the country today for 3 weeks so as usual everything Tesla does is some kind of disaster for me, even delivering my ā€œMarch ā€œ car early. Iā€™m sure they will be happy to screw me out of it if I canā€™t figure out how to take delivery.
I will try and post how great they are going to be about accommodating my needs and not theirsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
I mean you ordered in July and are getting a vin when tons of us ordered 7 months prior to that. Whoā€™s getting screwed by tesla again?

In all seriousness terrible timing that you are going to be gone, they definitely wonā€™t hold the car longer than 3 days. Hope they re vin you ASAP when you get back.

So much 5/7 seat talk jamming up this thread. I think Tesla doesn't see the point of making 5/7 seat X's and I agree:
5 Seat - just get a Model S - it's more practical, has similar storage space.
7 Seat - Back row is useless, very uncomfortable, low visibility.
Making just one type of X is a great business decision from manufacturing and maintenance standpoints.
But I do feel for buyers who are getting the bait and switch, that stinks.

i've had the 5, 7 and hopefully 6 this month.

the 7 back seats were useless for us except if we needed it for very short distances. Dont know why people get it for Y.

6 seat is too expensive to get an additional seat over the 5.

The 5 bench is very wide and is a lot more roomy than a model S and seating position is better. So I do disagree that a 5 X buyer would be happy with an S.

I also have had the Y and 3. The Y is nice for people in the front seats, but the suspension isn't comfortable for the rear. The model X rear is much better and noticeably wider. I could fit 2 big kid seats on the bench in the X and still sit comfortably in the middle of the 2. You wouldn't be able to do that in a S